Stargate movie Pyramid model

I recall that Reel Clothes & Props sold an original Ra pyramid ship model in pieces--I don't know if it was from a model destroyed for filming, a partial model for a specific shot, or what. Does anyone know how many pyramid ships were used in production, and what their scales were? Just curious.

thank you for posting the youtube link.
I think I have to watch all the propworx videos.
This pyramid is really a very nice piece of stargate history

I recall that Reel Clothes & Props sold an original Ra pyramid ship model in pieces--I don't know if it was from a model destroyed for filming, a partial model for a specific shot, or what. Does anyone know how many pyramid ships were used in production, and what their scales were? Just curious.

We actually own several different pieces of the large scale filming model of Ra's ship, so we think someone bought this and sold it as panels.

Ironically as far as I know they did nto use a lot of models for the show or the movie. I have seen a much smaller pyramid that wasn't nearly as detailed. That is a super cool piece but I want a glider, sadly as far as I have heard they did use glider models as it was mostly CGI ;-(

James G

Ironically as far as I know they did nto use a lot of models for the show or the movie. I have seen a much smaller pyramid that wasn't nearly as detailed. That is a super cool piece but I want a glider, sadly as far as I have heard they did use glider models as it was mostly CGI ;-(

James G

They used models for the gliders in the original movie. Here's one on YourProps:
GLIDERS original / screen-used movie props from Stargate (1994)

Watch the movie closely on Blu-ray, you can see the wires supporting the gliders in several of the flybys... :cool

Rik

There were 2 inch, 8 inch, 2 foot and 8 foot gliders made for the movie.

The two and 8 footers differ slightly. However, if its not pointed out, you wouldn't notice.

I have one of each. Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking for some PYRAMID PARTS! Anyone?
The pyramid was sold last year and shipped. Before it was shipped, a bunch of the panels and the base had to be removed. However, they were all included with the shipment. I have some pictures of it at the shipping place right before it was shipped. It's a beast. It was right next to the Event Horizon ship that was sold. It was pretty rough, but I assume the buyer planned on restoring it.

Interesting story. The pyramid was abandoned in Texas and was going to be tossed when the owner of the storage facility had to vacate the premises. However, a friend of mine decided to spend $20,000 to ship it out of state so it wouldn't be destroyed.

Thanks for the info!
I have this (left): Got it from a good friend. Looking for the other base parts. (right)

Attachments

• Ra Palace Parts.jpg
    Ra Palace Parts.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 58
  • base.jpg
    base.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 59
The pyramid was sold last year and shipped. Before it was shipped, a bunch of the panels and the base had to be removed. However, they were all included with the shipment. I have some pictures of it at the shipping place right before it was shipped. It's a beast. It was right next to the Event Horizon ship that was sold. It was pretty rough, but I assume the buyer planned on restoring it.

Interesting story. The pyramid was abandoned in Texas and was going to be tossed when the owner of the storage facility had to vacate the premises. However, a friend of mine decided to spend $20,000 to ship it out of state so it wouldn't be destroyed.
Abandoned? So Clay simply tossed it after it didn't sell at Profiles and Chronicles went into bankruptcy? That would be nuts!

Abandoned? So Clay simply tossed it after it didn't sell at Profiles and Chronicles went into bankruptcy? That would be nuts!
That's exactly what happened, Alex. Remember, it's huge and heavy. It cost $20,000 just to ship it to another state from Clay's warehouse. It was the only thing left there after it was cleared out. The company in charge of the warehouse said it was gonna be destroyed and disposed of (probably at Clay's cost, lol) if someone didn't get it out. I can give you more info in private chat on Messenger. Just PM me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back