Stargate Atlantis walkie-talkie

CptHunt

I lucked out and found a Motorola VISAR radio on Ebay for fairly cheap. From what I understand though, they used a custom modified bent antenna on the show so that the radios would fit in the left breast pocket on the tac vests. Unfortunately, while I've been able to find plenty of pics of the radios in the vests, I can't find any with them out of the vests that clearly show how the antenna is put together.

Can anyone here shed some light on this for me?

Last edited:
Give me a season and episode were one Is clearly seen. and I will look for a screen cap..

Untitled.jpg

Untitled (2).jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
hmm, in all three of those clips they have standard stubby antennas, maybe they didn't use the bent ones all the time, check the early seasons, I'll see if I can't narrow it down more.

Edit: I did a quick skim through screenshots on Gateworld from "Rising" and found a couple possible shots. Once in the first half when the scientists find the jumper bay and again in part two, in Weir's hand when the city is rising from the sea floor.

Last edited:
hmm, in all three of those clips they have standard stubby antennas, maybe they didn't use the bent ones all the time, check the early seasons, I'll see if I can't narrow it down more.

Edit: I did a quick skim through screenshots on Gateworld from "Rising" and found a couple possible shots. Once in the first half when the scientists find the jumper bay and again in part two, in Weir's hand when the city is rising from the sea floor.

Trying to find it. but my net is wigging out on me. when it stops I will try and find it for you...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back