STARGATE 8 Foot Glider

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have some minor things to adjust, and it needs a layer of Matt Clear, but its pretty much done.

glphoto.jpg

One of the 4 GLiders was molded for some reason for SG1.

The only casting we know that was made from that mold, was this ship. I was hired to finish it for a client. Im also tasked to eventually restore the Original prop that was actually used to make this mold. It's on pretty bad shape.

Wow!
I remember you telling me about this.

You're right the movie design is so much better tham the TV series.

Great work!

More pics! more pics!

Wow!
I remember you telling me about this.

You're right the movie design is so much better tham the TV series.

Great work!

More pics! more pics!

I love the movie design, but I wouldn't say it's 'better' just different. The TV series one had an actual canopy. Sure, the Jaffa are wearing helmets, but they'd be buffeted around by wind during flight. In that respect it's more realistic, especially considering the Death Gliders in the TV series were also space fighters.

I love the movie design, but I wouldn't say it's 'better' just different. The TV series one had an actual canopy. Sure, the Jaffa are wearing helmets, but they'd be buffeted around by wind during flight. In that respect it's more realistic, especially considering the Death Gliders in the TV series were also space fighters.

But they were ugly.

Seriously, your point is well made, but, and its my opinion, I didn't like the look of the SG1 Glider. The Movie one was more curvy, and the guns on the TV one were too small.

However, I never viewed them as mutually exclusive, in fact, I believe the MOVIE one was in an early episode of SG1. So I just took it as different models of the same type of vehicle.

The Movie one being the CLASSIC EXOTIC ROADSTER, and the TV one being the
FORD SUV.
;-)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back