StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) FINISHED - Now with a ton of pics.

So FINALLY finished after 2 and a half years.
For anyone that knows the game and its amazing story, heres my non-canonical story about this battlecruiser.

"Sometime after the events of the Broodwars, Jim Raynor and his Raiders seek out to help others and explore new worlds.
In the far distant corner of the Koprulu sector, Raynor's Raiders stumbled upon a small unknown planet. While searching over it, an old abandoned Confederate research facility was found. Inside, a new prototype battlecruiser in the inside docking area, now, rusting away from time. Records shown that it had only been tested, but never used in actual battle. Raynor had his leading engineer, Swann and his team look it over and declare it as perfectly usable. With a little fixing up, the Confederate ship was rebranded Raynor's Raiders Battlecruiser.
Hosting the firepower of a typical battlecruiser and the much dreaded Yamato cannon. This protype was added to the fleet."

Found this shirt and had to buy it.
BC364.jpg

So now all the pictures. Probably break it up between a post or 3. I realized after taking all the pics that on the base, one of the clamps meant to hold the ship was flipped over compared to the other 3.
So on some of the pictures, I erased the base all together, but not all.
Also, the ship actual leans a tiny bit to the right. Guess when I made the hole, came out that way. So thats normal if anyone notices.
BC335.jpg

BC336.jpg

BC337.jpg

BC338.jpg

BC339.jpg

BC340.jpg

BC341.jpg
BC342.jpg

BC343.jpg

Had to hold the camera up to high, couldn't quite see and clipped the sides off.
BC352.jpg

BC353.jpg

BC354.jpg

BC355.jpg

BC356.jpg

BC357.jpg

For the blue painted parts, since I didn't have lights in them, I then coated over the blue with glow in the dark paint. So these next pics I had
the blacklight very close to brighten it.
BC358.jpg

BC359.jpg

BC360.jpg

These next few pics I played with different settings on the camera and had to put in on a tripod, then recolored it in photoshop, as it was BRIGHT purple from that blacklight.
BC361.jpg

BC362.jpg

BC363.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone, it has been a joy (and a pain at times) building this scratch model.
Just incase anyone wants to reach me for whatever and not on here, I'll drop my email.
Mhenderson_sw@yahoo.com

Jim Raynor would be so proud!!!! I'm starting my plans for my next build which is also a Blizzard ship ;).

Nicely done!

-Hopli
Thanks. It was quite the journey.
What ship are you planning to build?
I always liked the drop ship from the first game. But theres so many cool ship/vehicle designs to pick from.

Thanks. It was quite the journey.
What ship are you planning to build?
I always liked the drop ship from the first game. But theres so many cool ship/vehicle designs to pick from.

Well it isn't from the starcraft universe. I have been looking a while in starting to make wooden sail ships, the thing is they don't interest me much. But what does interest me is fantasy and sci-fi. So I have set my eye on becoming an airship modeler. And my first project is going to be the lion's oath from the burning crusade (world of warcraft) intro cinematic.

Well it isn't from the starcraft universe. I have been looking a while in starting to make wooden sail ships, the thing is they don't interest me much. But what does interest me is fantasy and sci-fi. So I have set my eye on becoming an airship modeler. And my first project is going to be the lion's oath from the burning crusade (world of warcraft) intro cinematic.
Nice. I've played the older Warcraft games, but not WOW itself. But just looked at pics and the airship had a very Final Fantasy feel to it.
There's a few airships from Final Fantasy I've thought to model....maybe.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back