Star Wars weekend at Disney (+ pics , - urgency)

joeranger

Sr Member
I know the Fl 501st guys do the parade, but does anyone else dress up? I heard that Mickey does not allow "Faces". I have a Han Solo packed and ready to go...

I've not been & don't know 100%, but read on the 501st boards that they do not allow the "face/main characters" , that Disney supplies their own main characters. (someone posted a pic of their Boba & Darth) I'd take a masked character if you have or can get one. good luck,
Jayn aka TI-822

edit: Here's the link to the FL 501st info..
http://www.fl501st.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=54

They don't allow people to march in the parade as face characters, if you are just going into the park on your own you can wear anything you want, as long as it doens't cover your face. Also I would not take your blaster in with you, but lightsabers are fine. I worked for disney so you can take that as fact.

I was just down there last weekend and I didn't see many "fans" in costume. The costumed folks were pretty much the Disney players. The people that were in costume (not Disney employees, but regular folks) were mostly in Jedi Robes and carried MR FX sabers.

Plus you wear a costume, don't be surprised if toursists think you are a Disney employee and asking for directions to Pizza Planet and asking what time is best to get to the Fantasmic show. :)

There's no spelled out rule, but a definate no-no is anything that covers the face, such as Stormtrooper armor. The "no face characters" thing applies only to the parade, and then only individually named characters who Disney is covering (Vader, Leia, etc.).

If your costume is good and people mistake you for a Disney employee, security could ask you to change. They don't want Lester the Molester showing up and fondling anyone posing for pics, of course. So bring a change of clothes if you try it.

Scott

My girlfriend and I have gone into the park two different weekends this year in costume. As Skaught said, do not wear a mask. Blasters of the plastic variety are OK, my GF brought a modified Kenner E-11. I would imagine a metal, more authentic replica could bring on Imperial entanglements.

Here are some pics of us in action. Keep in mind, Disney's Ewoks are much taller than they should be, and no matter how much kids and their parents plead for pics and autographs, just say no. :p

Art

f39a17e3.jpg

36dd69b0.jpg

18f432cf.jpg

cd3044a1.jpg

1d3b966c.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(tuskentrooper @ Jun 8 2006, 10:20 PM) [snapback]1258790[/snapback]</div>
Almost didn't recognize Dani without the glasses and you with the long hair. Good to see you guys. :)
[/b]

And you are....???

JUST KIDDING...

:lol

Nice to hear from you, too, Dean. We miss ya down here.

Art

Disney_Han.jpg

What a great time. I did not wear my stuff for the parade or the events. I did put it on later in the day. I was mobbed by kids and parents alike. I did get extra attention from security on the way in but they were great. My blaster is a painted "toy" which they happen to sell inside the park, so it really wasn't a problem.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back