Star Wars Tools

New shots of the welder, R2 holds it with the Kobold attached
fullsizeoutput_1f5f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f67.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f93.jpeg

I think it's really neat they actually used Go NoGo gauges - I wonder if they got "reference"

There's also two air tools of some type, bottom left and middle left. It seems really lazy they didn't put any greeblies on them to make them look scifi.

There's also two air tools of some type, bottom left and middle left. It seems really lazy they didn't put any greeblies on them to make them look scifi.

Yup sure is. Those are central machine air grinders, I have a few of them. We call them “throw aways” they don’t last very long but cheap to replace

You can get them at harbor freight fairly cheap

IMG_4580.jpg

Could you please specify, what size of gauge the one with the long rod and the "mushroom" at **** end is? What is it used for in real life?

Thanks
The red NoGo side is .3145 (I think it's inches)

I started by getting a random cheap Exhaust Valve - this one was from a Jeep, military surplus and happened to be .3145, so I got a gauge with that measurement.

The real exhaust valve is almost twice as big I think, with a Go NoGo that's like .5 or .6 instead of .3

I have always wanted a hydrospanner and chewies welder just to have chillin nonchalantly on my work bench when I take pics or vids of star wars prop replicas.

And the tool tray from galaxies edge is genius!!!
I have been to galaxies edge in California twice now (its nice living just 2 hours south) and almost went a 3rd time but it was right at the start of this covid crud.
Anyway next time I go I will take as many pics of the tools in line for smugglers run as possible. The first half of the line is a giant garage! Err, hangar? Docking bay? Anyway, tools galore!!!
Neat greeblies all over the place, really.
I particularly love the droid domes repurposed as light shades. I could spend WEEKS there.

Thanks for all the great work you all have done identifying these tools.
It is indeed half the fun!

Awesome. I have been searching cutting torches for one like Chewie angrily uses and ive come close.. but no cigar

The red NoGo side is .3145 (I think it's inches)

I started by getting a random cheap Exhaust Valve - this one was from a Jeep, military surplus and happened to be .3145, so I got a gauge with that measurement.

The real exhaust valve is almost twice as big I think, with a Go NoGo that's like .5 or .6 instead of .3

If they were still buying airplane junk it could possibly be a aircraft valve..

Do you have a rough idea of the diameter of the valve, I could probably tell you if it’s either automotive or air craft by the size

Especially being over seas where most vehicles and trucks had tiny displacement engines

Another reason I say aircraft valve is because those nogos are pretty common practice in the aviation hangers. Kind of fool proof, it the nogo fails. Then the part is junk

I was never a fan of them and always used dial indicators

Do you have a rough idea of the diameter of the valve, I could probably tell you if it’s either automotive or air craft by the size

Especially being over seas where most vehicles and trucks had tiny displacement engines

Which part of the valve? (The flange or rod)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back