Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Before Solo, I would have agreed with you. But after Solo and the inclusion of Maul, nothing is off the table for the films.

I didn’t mind Solo, and found most of it enjoyable. Not as much as Rogue One ( as a stand alone ). Parts of the film kinda reminded me of an episode of Firefly - the train heist one in particular, and the new characters whilst not being memorable were interesting (imho), but the inclusion of Maul as the ‘Big -Bad’ pulling the strings at the conclusion just irked me and didn’t sit well at all.
I get that the character was resurrected in the cartoon or books (!?) somewhere beforehand, but like I mentioned previously - not being familiar with those ‘extra’ story developments - his inclusion and ‘reveal’ just came across as cheap & ‘cheesy’ without any reasoning behind it. Again, just imho.

Last edited:
They mentioned it when they were talking about undoing all of the things done by this trilogy but they referred to it again during their wild time travel conjecture.
I haven't heard anyone else make that guess yet but at this point, I'm almost thinking "screw it, why not?" they've damned near screwed everything else up and Rebels DID open up the possibility for... Doorways through time.

Time travel: To use it a writer has to be incredibly clever or lazy. So far (outside of comedy) I've found it tends to be lazy or sloppy writing in almost every case. Though I've stayed mostly spoiler free for it, I kind of lost my sense of urgency to see Endgame when I heard it was included.
Frankly when I read about the time portals or what have you in Rebels (or maybe Clone Wars?) it really killed the little interest I had in those shows.

Time travel: To use it a writer has to be incredibly clever or lazy. So far (outside of comedy) I've found it tends to be lazy or sloppy writing in almost every case. Though I've stayed mostly spoiler free for it, I kind of lost my sense of urgency to see Endgame when I heard it was included.
Frankly when I read about the time portals or what have you in Rebels (or maybe Clone Wars?) it really killed the little interest I had in those shows.

I feel different, it’s one thing to see it in a cartoon or comic.. but to bring it into the movie universe.. heeeeeeh I’m not feeling it

I sure hope there isn’t time travel in Star Wars

Then again we were told there wasn’t any time travel on a certain magical island in the middle of the ocean.. and we were lied to about that too...

I just had a REALLY bad idea...
What if they jump back and prevent Anakin's downfall?
What if they stop Palpatine around ROTS and circumvent the entire galactic civil war?
Ugh.. dear god.
While Doctor Who is my favorite Sci-Fi franchise (or... Classic Who, more accurately) I'm REALLY not a fan of using time travel due to it's ramifications..
It's like that movie I just watched "Yesterday" where the Beatles (and several other things) are wiped from history... for the most part, things unfolded exactly the same as they did in our universe even though things should be VASTLY different. (No Beatles=no Monkees and many other bands influenced by them both would either not exist or be VERY different and possibly not successful which means that musicians that THEY influenced wouldn't exist either...)

Official description of the new Sith Troopers from SDCC.

"In its ultimate push towards galactic conquest, the First Order readies an army of elite soldiers that draw inspiration and power from a dark and ancient legacy."

Time travel was explained best by JWS as Jay Garrick in the Flash, When he vibrated the coffee cup and broke a piece off and then put the piece back in. It's still the same cup but it has a crack now. You can't completely reset time.
Aaah man...you broke time and you thought you can just stick it back together with this?! How you expect to move time when you're standing in it you dumba** three-dimensional monkey a** dumba**?

180?cb=20150803221819.png

I think we're taking the time travel aspect too seriously considering it came about after just someone pulling an idea out of his head and saying it. We've got nothing to suggest it will be in the film

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back