Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?

• Total voters
Feels an odd place in the thread to post it... right under an argument...

But Im super surprised this thread isnt a I LOVE IT - I HATE IT! thread...

People arent being hyperbolic or unnecessarily hateful towards the film or opinions - I was originally going to avoid this thread.

Maybe I should stop being surprised.

Watched Rogue one - This movie is terrible! everyone is going to eat it alive!

Oh.

Watched Mandalorian - This show looks like cheap fan service TV... Everyone is going to crap all over it!

Oh.

Alrighty!

heh

I guess as long as it wasnt a Game of Thrones style finish... I mean I KNEW they couldnt hit End Game levels cuz, well, Marvel has their crap together...

I think you're a little confused about how lineage works. Rey's parents would technically be Luke and Leia's half-siblings making Rey their cousin. To give you credit, it took me making this "graph" to come to that conclusion.
Rey=grand-daughter_______Kylo=Grandson
Reys parents=parents______Leia+Han=Parents
Palpatine=Grandfather_____Anakin+Padme=Grandparents
_________________________Palpatine=Great grandfather
Palpatine is the start of it.
From him you have Anakin and Rey's Father....they would technically be half brothers.
From Anakin you have Luke and Leia. Rey's father Rey of course. Ben(Kylo) is generation below them all, even if he is older than Rey. That makes Rey, Ben's aunt technically and him her nephew, but in a very weird way. Ben is the great grandson of Palpatine.

Feels an odd place in the thread to post it... right under an argument...

But Im super surprised this thread isnt a I LOVE IT - I HATE IT! thread...

People arent being hyperbolic or unnecessarily hateful towards the film or opinions - I was originally going to avoid this thread.

Maybe I should stop being surprised.

Watched Rogue one - This movie is terrible! everyone is going to eat it alive!

Oh.

Watched Mandalorian - This show looks like cheap fan service TV... Everyone is going to crap all over it!

Oh.

Alrighty!

heh

I guess as long as it wasnt a Game of Thrones style finish... I mean I KNEW they couldnt hit End Game levels cuz, well, Marvel has their crap together...
I think it's because unlike 8 which was created to subvert everything, for the sake of subversion, this was made to try and please as many fans as possible, even if it didn't totally succeed.

I'm glad this thread has been cordial too for the most part and I hope it stays that way.

Palpatine is the start of it.
From him you have Anakin and Rey's Father....they would technically be half brothers.
From Anakin you have Luke and Leia. Rey's father Rey of course. Ben(Kylo) is generation below them all, even if he is older than Rey. That makes Rey, Ben's aunt technically and him her nephew, but in a very weird way. Ben is the great grandson of Palpatine.
That would actually make them first cousins once removed.

After seeing Rey kiss Kylo Ren I was thinking how many times was their a kiss in a Star Wars Skywalker Saga Movie either by Lucas or Disney's view of Star Wars
I am talking about a story motivated love interest kiss, knowing their were the good bye and good luck kiss as well as the ooops that your brother kiss.

TPM Shmi and Anakin when he leaves? Were there any others?
AOTC Anakin and Padme
ROTS Anakin and Padme?
ANH Luke and Leia Good Luck kiss
ESB Han and Leia ( Finally ) Lando kissing Leia's hand ( not what I am talking about but a kiss ) Leia and Luke ( Jealousy kiss )
ROTJ Han and Leia

Disneys takes on a Star Wars Movie
TFA ? Nothing I recall any
TLJ Rose Tico and Finn ( The almost hand touch but does not count as a kiss )
TROS Rey and Kylo ( what could have been a kiss that Poe wanted from Zori )

Just curious as when Rey and Kylo kissed it seemed like a long time since there was an interesting love interest story that helped drive a movie. Well actually since Lucas wrote and directed his creation.

No. Rey is a Palpatine by blood. Anakin was created without a genetic component that ties him or his family to Palpatine. So while Palpatine "fathered" Anakin from a certain point of view, they're not actually related.
Well since that is impossible we are going off the concept that palpatine is anakins father. Here is a graph depicting it. Forgive the terrible markings.

Attachments

• 4AA68A17-4858-4BD6-8EF1-48C2BF514919.jpeg
    4AA68A17-4858-4BD6-8EF1-48C2BF514919.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 117
The kiss was a weird theatrical moment cuz there were gasps and cheers... one audible moan...

But as that moment came, I felt it was earned... yet at the same time was like - THIS is definitely just giving people the Reylo they wanted.

If they hadnt kissed, the question would be why would Star Wars avoid such an obvious moment.

But then when Kylo dropped dead, there were audible laughs. so again,

AND THEN REYS DEAD! AND THEN KYLO HEALS HER! AND THEN THEY KISS! AND THEN KYLO DIES AND THEN...AND THEN!!!!!

Alright alright... relax... let this sit a moment... geez!

For the LOLS I put them in a genealogy program and, taking Anakin as Palpatines "son", and Rey as Palpatines Grand daughter) Ben is her 1st Cousin once removed.

Picture1.jpg

Hmmmm....shades of Luke and Leia in A New Hope...

Exhibit A

Also it is not confirmed how Palpatines fathered Rey's family branch. He may have done it the same way as with Anakin (midicholorian magic)
IMG_20191220_172711_01.jpg

I was kinda happy to see Rey confirmed to be a Palpatine.
It's a theory I believed in since TFA. Look at how Rey fights Kylo in that movie near it's end,
then watch Palpatine use his saber in revenge of the sith....nearly identical fighting style.

We see obi-wan pick up the saber after Anakin thought he could defeat the high ground that's how old ben got it .
Exactly. Unlike in this trilogy, that lightsaber didnt "Talk" to Luke when he first touched it and gave him visions to set up his entire path and purpose for three frakking films. Short answer is Jar Jar doesnt have the chops to answer where it came from because it came from an impossible place. Thirty years later and Lucas still remembered to address it is a sign of craftsmanship. No one is going to make a movie in 30 years to answer all the mystery box ***** laid out, no one.

Obi Wan "lied" to Luke for a reason, to protect him and to protect the story line that Lucas had laid out. Gee, imagine having a story line laid out, he was such a rebel. Pun intended.

Obi Wan "lied" to Luke for a reason, to protect him and to protect the story line that Lucas had laid out. Gee, imagine having a story line laid out, he was such a rebel. Pun intended.

In hindsight, I absolutely LOVE how Guinness kinda struggles for a second after luke asks him about how his father died. Makes it that much more effective knowing what happens later.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back