Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

One thing to remember and I don't know if it counts but in the deleted cave scene in RoTJ. Vader is on his super star destroyer somewhere in the galaxy and he's calling out to Luke. Luke can hear him in the cave.

Again I don't think the delete scenes are considered canon, but Lucas at least was thinking that force ability was possible back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did the Jedi find force sensitive children?
Thats a good question, and I think that was a big deal for the Emperor to want luke, so he could sire more children that were strong in the force, and he could mold them to his whims. Not just as a replacement for Vader, but as a baby maker. The son of one of the most powerful sith lords would be super valuable.

Thats a good question, and I think that was a big deal for the Emperor to want luke, so he could sire more children that were strong in the force, and he could mold them to his whims. Not just as a replacement for Vader, but as a baby maker. The son of one of the most powerful sith lords would be super valuable.

It was in Clone Wars. It didn't answer the how, which was presumably something like a midi-whatever test at birth, but it said the council had a list of all force sensitive children in the galaxy. It didn't elaborate on how they got the list. Just that they had the list and Cad Bane was sent to steal it. I'm only in season 2, so if they addressed it again, i don't know.

But I refuse to believe force sensitive people were no longer born once the emperor took over. However, if he knew of midi's - he could just reinstitute the test and kill or take the force sensitives himself. But that has to be a large number. We're talking trillions if not quadrillions of people in a galaxy. Hell, probably a could orders more. Even a 1/10 of a percent is in the millions.

Force sensitives continued to be born. In the Ahsoka book, one of the Inquisitors (6th Brother, iirc) is shown tracking a force sensitive girl, after some mysterious events are reported.

She's aware of him, feeling "a Shadow" following her around. He doesn't intervene, but it's implied that mainly observing to see if she has suitable prowess to be indoctrinated into the Inquisitors or be destroyed as a threat. He's ultimately pulled away from this assignment to deal with Ahsoka.

It was in Clone Wars. It didn't answer the how, which was presumably something like a midi-whatever test at birth, but it said the council had a list of all force sensitive children in the galaxy. It didn't elaborate on how they got the list. Just that they had the list and Cad Bane was sent to steal it. I'm only in season 2, so if they addressed it again, i don't know.

But I refuse to believe force sensitive people were no longer born once the emperor took over. However, if he knew of midi's - he could just reinstitute the test and kill or take the force sensitives himself. But that has to be a large number. We're talking trillions if not quadrillions of people in a galaxy. Hell, probably a could orders more. Even a 1/10 of a percent is in the millions.
Oh damn, I didnt know that, I didnt watch the show. Of course, I dont believe that either, but keep in mind in this small universe at the time, Vader was the chosen one, and the strongest force user, so it makes sense in that regard.

Forgive me if I am not remembering something - but isn't the Force as a communications tools limited by proximity? Not something you can just use to reach out and touch someone across the galaxy without even knowing where they are? I think of ANH, where Vader had not sensed Obi-Wan's presence for decades until they were on the same battle station (though I'm sure Anakin would've loved to just "reach out" Obi-Wan in the years post-ROTS to get revenge), or Vader calling out to Luke in ESB only when they were both near Bespin (were it otherwise, Vader would've called out to Luke to locate him whenever he found out Luke was his son.)

However, death seems to work differently, at least when there is a large amount of death (Ob-Wan sensing the destruction of Alderaan while in hyperspace) or a close relationship (Leia sensing Han's death on another planet.)

M

I don't think there is any distance limit. Maybe it has to do with a Jedi's Force ability. In SW Rebels, Yoda talked to characters on a completely different planet from Dagobah. Now the characters were in a Jedi Temple so maybe the Force is stronger, but I think there's no limit. Luke and Leia, being Anakin's kids, I would think would be more than powerful enough to do this.

I don't think there is any distance limit. Maybe it has to do with a Jedi's Force ability. In SW Rebels, Yoda talked to characters on a completely different planet from Dagobah. Now the characters were in a Jedi Temple so maybe the Force is stronger, but I think there's no limit. Luke and Leia, being Anakin's kids, I would think would be more than powerful enough to do this.
I also think that you have to be looking for something within the force in order to reach it.

17 years after padme had died, Vader had no reason to think he had children. Of course he didn't detect Leia. But once he sensed the force in Luke at the end of ANH, he started to suspect.

And Kenobi detecting the destruction of alderaan, well...that was simply a tremor in the force.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I also think that you have to be looking for something within the force in order to reach it.

17 years after padme had died, Vader had no reason to think he had children. Of course he didn't detect Leia. But once he sensed the force in Luke at the end of ANH, he started to suspect.

And Kenobi detecting the destruction of alderaan, well...that was simply a tremor in the force.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Actually one of the recent Vader comics has him discovering that news via Boba Fett I think.

Rian asked JJ to have R2 travel to Ach-to and leave BB-8 with Poe and what's Luke thinking? No major spoilers.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/04/sta.../?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

To be fair, BB-8 would probably help Poe's character growth given how vacuous he was in The Force Awakens. When JJ Abrams said that his character was originally supposed to die in the Tie-Fighter crash, I can totally see it. He adds nothing to the film after that point and raises more questions than answers. Plus he's kind of dumb.

hOP2bEl.jpg

'Why are you over acting?' You just heard about light sabers and the force and me only two hours ago....movie time... don't look so emotional!'

Thinking more about the dialogue we hear in the trailer. Luke asks Rey "What do you see?' She responds,"The dark, the light, the balance" and he replies "It's so much more." I think Luke has learned something about the Force that is motivating him to end the Jedi Order. I also don't think he does train Rey, we see her swinging a lightsaber but she appears to be alone. I think Luke is her guide to the mystical side of the Force but not her mentor.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back