Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Sigh. Looking like another botch job. JJ Abrams botched the lore with his paint by numbers movie and this one looks to botch the "balancing of the force" concept. I really don't like the direction Disney is taking things.

Opening Film with AT-AT versus Speeder battle on a white planet, Apprentice being taught by JEDI Master with rocks levitating, Millennium Falcon chased by Imperial Ships...
TFA was ANH v2.0 this is, as expected, is looking like ESB v2.0...
Is everyone here really excited about another Disney reboot of the OT? Kylo Ren has even acquired a scar identical to Anakin Skywalker...
How about some original ideas?
Meh

Last edited:
If you look at what history we have of the SW universe it seems the Jedi have been fighting the Sith for something like ten thousand years and the Sith just keep coming back,after awhile it just seems a self fulfilling prophecy or the Jedi just want a reason to be around-or to put it bluntly the definition of insanity is to do the same over many times and expect a different result.

The Jedi aren't all they are cracked up to be,I've frankly never liked them and seeing them disbanded would be great,also honestly watching them in ep one to three and clone wars all I could think was "crazy cult who think themselves absolute"

Same as I felt with TFA and keeping the Empire around in some fashion,just makes sense that such a large organization wouldn't just vanish overnight or at all you know SOME planets would still support them.

So start something other then the Jedi,give us something new,perhaps the way to balance is to unite both sides of the force in it's users,keep the Empire as a force besides the Republic....

Opening Film with AT-AT versus Speeder battle on a white planet, Apprentice being taught by JEDI Master with rocks levitating, Millennium Falcon chased by Imperial Ships...
Is everyone here really excited about another Disney reboot of the OT? Kylo Ren has even acquired a scar identical to Anakin Skywalker...
Meh

again, why do original when SO many people, as is evident here alone, will defend regurgitation?

that's how you get blinking ewoks :)

This movie will have the last Jedi the same way Dominic torreto will retire or Superman will have been killed by doomsday

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wonder if when Luke is referring to the Jedi ending if it means it's time for them to evolve

Evolve into something more or less, I think this is hinting st the bindu from the rebels tv show

He's not light nor dark " I'm the one in the middle"

I wonder if this is what Luke is referring to as the Jedi must end, and this new way of living with the force is the way it's meant to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Daisy Ridley is back in her Rey outfit! I could swear I saw Oscar Isaac in one clip so he must be back too! I wasn't sure if Adam Driver would be back but I clearly saw a glimpse of him too. Evidently, John Boyega will be back but will be sleeping through the movie.

Did anyone else see the Falcon? It's back!

Biggest reveal of all? I know for a FACT that Mark Hamill is in this movie. I'm a fan and I recognized his voice apparently complaining about the length of the movie, saying "...it's time for the Jedi to end...". Is this another big reveal? Is the movie going to be excessively long like a Peter Jackson flick?

So many reveals! But, yet, the mysteries remain!

The "Balance" can only be achieved with 2 options: Total Light...or Total Darkness.

So...basically Rey must be a "normal" person with passion and some selfish self-direction balanced with some selfless sacrifice and empathy vs. becoming either a comically evil villain or strange extremist monk with a vow of chastity?

It seems to me to be a simple idea or concept...."normal people" have achieved the "balance" that seems to elude the Sith and the Jedi and only a "chosen one" can achieve the balance of ordinary human beings.

Huh.

Last edited:
I was willing to accept it for TFA in order for Disney to re-introduce the series, to establish being back in familiar territory stylistically. But, I expected that 8 and 9 would break new ground. It's extremely disappointing to see that's looking less and less likely. Throw in Frank Oz's team at work on Skelling, presumably for Yoda, and well....there it is. My enthusiasm for the trilogy is on the wane since I've already seen it in the OT. I expected more from Kennedy, and Disney. Most disappointing is that the "fans" don't see how disrespectful this is to THEM. But, as the adage goes, nobody ever went broke underestimating the public. Such a tremendously missed opportunity to do so much more, while STILL grabbing the cash.

Meh

Maybe you just don't like Star Wars anymore?

Game over man.

Hasta la vista.

Yippee kai yay.

In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.

End of line.

No, I still enjoy Star Wars. I would just enjoy NEW Star Wars more. But, these films are like covers of already classic tunes. A cover can only ever be just ok. You'll listen to it. It's familiar. But, it's still just a cover. I'll see it. I probably won't own it, as I don't own TFA or R1 (though I loved R1). I'm sure it'll be "ok". But, it'll leave me wondering what could have been with just a little courage and creativity.

Maybe you just don't like Star Wars anymore?

Game over man.

Hasta la vista.

Yippee kai yay.

In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.

End of line.

some of us can still enjoy the older stuff.

some of us can still see some small spattering to like in the new stuff. we just wish the new stuff had better creative direction. but it suffers from reboot syndrome. either someone who doesn't have enough vision to carry it forward, or a parent company interfering and not letting the person with enough vision carry it forward properly.

it's not a matter of not liking star wars anymore. it's simply a matter of not enjoying where it's going.

I thought the teaser was absolutely awesome. I just can't agree with the negative comments. Sure there are a few similarities to the original trilogy but Rey has to be trained and luke is the last Jedi. The falcon fighting imperial fighters? Wouldn't have it any other way. Sucks for the people who have already written this off.

I was willing to accept it for TFA in order for Disney to re-introduce the series, to establish being back in familiar territory stylistically. But, I expected that 8 and 9 would break new ground. It's extremely disappointing to see that's looking less and less likely. Throw in Frank Oz's team at work on Skelling, presumably for Yoda, and well....there it is. My enthusiasm for the trilogy is on the wane since I've already seen it in the OT. I expected more from Kennedy, and Disney. Most disappointing is that the "fans" don't see how disrespectful this is to THEM. But, as the adage goes, nobody ever went broke underestimating the public. Such a tremendously missed opportunity to do so much more, while STILL grabbing the cash.

DISNEY I would have expected more from. they have enough creative people in charge to really pull it off wonderfully. we see that with the marvel films.
I only wish the same marvel team that knows what makes those characters tick, would be in charge of the entire film division.

at least we'd get a little more creativity.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back