Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Just booked my ticket for 11:15 tomorrow morning!! Also had a text from my mate who has just seen it, he said kids were crying in the cinema!? Probably tears of happiness.
Cant wait!!!

One of the animators at my studio saw it this morning. I told him not to tell me anything about it, but give me his first impression...

"I loved it so much I wept"

CRAP!!

I can't cry in front of my family... can't cry in front of my family... can't cry in front of my family.....

Didn't read or watch anything Force Awakens related for the last 2 months (after preordering my tickets), which wasn't easy. Came back from the cinema about an hour ago and the movie was ... meh / Ok ... I guess? Hope you guys have way more fun than I did.

I'm sitting in the theater right now!!!!

Showtime in 2 hours!!!!

Nothing but popcorn and web browsing until then!

See you on the other side!

Can't wait, it's about another whole day for me, I have tickets for Sat. evening, The crazy thing is, I only bought the tickets last night; I was thinking that I'd probably have to wait for next week to see it but I went on Fandango to check my local theater with reserved seating and they actually had decent seats at multiple times still available. I didn't get the best seats but they aren't bad and this is definitely a movie that I want to see opening weekend for the energy and excitement that's bound to be in the theater.

Just coming back from it. I cried ... twice! Didn't cry cause I was sad but happy!

My girlfriend says I'm a *****, I say it was so heart warming to believe in Star Wars again!!!

Will go see it again in the next days. Probably 2-3 times!!

Guys .. Stop worrying so much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cried ... twice! Didn't cry cause I was sad but happy!

My girlfriend says I'm a *****, I say it was so heart warming to believe in Star Wars again!!!

You cried? Twice? Because you were happy? Happy to believe in Star Wars again?
Uh.... Your GF is right! Hand over your man card! Yup, I am serious, you officially lose it! :lol ;)

Saw it tonight at Studio Grill and I loved it.

Star Wars themed drinks didn't hurt.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Great film. Last time I had any tears was ET at 4 years old. There was a tear tonight and was very happy with the movie overall. I think generally everyone will love it. Great balance of old and new. JJ and crew did an exceptional job breathing new life into Star Wars. I can't wait for episode 8!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw it last night as well. I liked it, but I'll have to see it a few more times before I decide how to rank it compared to the other six movies. I think most fans will be pleased.

in all seriousness if anyone is unhappy with this movie they must live a very bland boring life.

Great that you loved TFA, I didn't. Must be due to my bland boring life :facepalm

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it. But for everything I loved about it there was something else that simply didn't work for me.

But for everything I loved about it there was something else that simply didn't work for me.

This is usually a sign of overthinking it, and not letting oneself feel enough. Maybe not true in your case, but if your mind is actively engaged in counter balancing everything you like with something that it wants to nitpick, then youur mind is TOO engaged, and your heart not enough, in my opinion.

I liked half the things in the movie the 1st time I saw them over 30 years and in the 6 movies. Massive lack of design and imagination to do new things.

going to see it again next week with the wife. but I'm giving it 6 /10

Okay... I know this is the pre-release thread but as some who have seen it are participating here and this is still apparently a (thankfully) non-spoiler thread:

I’m trying to stay out of the spoiler threads for one more day (I’ve had enough spoiled already, want to keep at least a little mystery) - but I do have one question that I would appreciate a non-spoiler answer to (i.e., I don’t want to know about things that happen, dialogue, scenes, etc.)

How does Carrie do in this film?

I admit that has been one of my biggest concerns. It was unsettling enough when Leia went all husky-voiced in ROTJ, but now that Carrie seems to speak entirely through her nose (and has the Penny Marshall way of speaking as if her upper lip is paralyzed), is she jarring in the film or has she managed to tone down those tendencies to evoke Leia from the OT?

Thanks,
M

I liked her in it. She was a sweet, older woman. They did her well.

She's seen some ****. She's had loss.

I hope she'll have even more impact in episode 8

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back