Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I know a lot of people are excited, but I really dislike the black tie fighters and the beach ball droid. It reminds me too much of the alien from Dark Star.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TIE/MF chase scene into the super star destroyer engine reminds me of the Death Star 2 chase scene from RotJ. How awesome would it be if Han/Chewie purposely knocked the new square radar off!

Rey: You took out the radar dish!!!

Han: I didn't like it!

WHOOOOOSH

I found it extremely funny - maybe even sad - that so many folks are professing so much faith in this movie based on "practical effects" - without even a thought to the story.

As I've said before and I'll say again good CG can be equal to or better than a good practical effect... and a bad practical effect can be just as bad or worse than bad CG. Most of us couldn't pick out CG vs. practical. Please stop pretending.

That said, this trailer looks amazing for so many reasons that aren't just practical effects.

All the above questions are answered in the other thread! :)
Well, to be honest... the probable answers are in the other thread. There's been a lot of rumors debunked... and quite a few confirmed. But, it's all still rumors.

Just saying... ;)

Last edited:
I found it extremely funny - maybe even sad - that so many folks are professing so much faith in this movie based on "practical effects" - without even a thought to the story.

As I've said before and I'll say again good CG can be equal to or better than a good practical effect... and a bad practical effect can be just as bad or worse than bad CG. Most of us couldn't pick out CG vs. practical. Please stop pretending.

That said, this trailer looks amazing for so many reasons that aren't just practical effects.

My apologies for being one of the sad faithfuls.

Ben

I think most fans would agree that the story is going to make or break this film, but unfortunately that's a complete unknown right now. All we have to be excited about are the visuals, which look great. This is the Replica PROP Forum. We're excited for real world things. You really find that sad?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back