Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

ROTJ? Didn't see that one.

Just kidding. For some reason I thought it was new, updated dialogue.

Thanks!

Brian

Its similar , but new dialog at the end when he refers to someone other than himself , Vader or Leia

- - - Updated - - -

ROTJ? Didn't see that one.

Just kidding. For some reason I thought it was new, updated dialogue.

Thanks!

Brian

Its similar , but new dialog at the end when he refers to someone other than himself , Vader or Leia

Anyone got an audio comparison to demonstrate it's re-recorded and not just recut with tweaks to the levels?

In any event, it's the same dialogue reused so I don't think we should read too much into a present-tense reference to Anakin. But assuming they were stupid enough to go with force ghost Anakin that means they'd have Hayden back because he's the canon force ghost for Anakin? I should hope Disney and JJ know better than to reference any changes to the original trilogy given how divisive they've been.

The line at the end is from earlier in the conversation with Leia in RotJ.

Last edited:
Saw Star Wars on opening day when I was 11 and never thought I would see the original cast in a Star Wars movie again.

Even though I knew they were all back, when I see Harrison as Han again in the trailer I literally start tearing up with happiness.

I'm getting that feeling back again.

A cool tumblr post from the costume exhibition, including a closeup of what seems to be a lightsaber with side blades.

http://nerdyorkcity.tumblr.com/post/116578740295/baddie-costumes-and-props-in-star-wars

EDIT: Another link from the same source, costumes and an X-wing model:

http://nerdyorkcity.tumblr.com/post/116578289790/models-and-costumes-and-a-droid-at-star-wars

Looking at the cross-guard 'Sith' lightsaber it almost looks like it's made from part of an MPP Vader saber......

- - - Updated - - -

A cool tumblr post from the costume exhibition, including a closeup of what seems to be a lightsaber with side blades.

http://nerdyorkcity.tumblr.com/post/116578740295/baddie-costumes-and-props-in-star-wars

EDIT: Another link from the same source, costumes and an X-wing model:

http://nerdyorkcity.tumblr.com/post/116578289790/models-and-costumes-and-a-droid-at-star-wars

Looking at the cross-guard 'Sith' lightsaber it almost looks like it's made from part of an MPP Vader saber......

I think I spotted a snowtrooper way far back in the center background of the shot with all the troopers.

I the same shot, I'm wondering what the gigantic flag is supposed to represent.

Yep. Dead center at the very back. Have it paused there right now. Fitting since they appear to be on a snow planet.
There's actually two troopers with orange pauldron's up on the stage above him and to the right.

Black TIE's with white panel's look pretty damn sweet too.

Opening shot - OT X-wing crashed in front of the star destroyer.
ESB graflex.

LOVE the chrometrooper!
TIE pilots look almost black chrome

Star destroyer seems updated with kind of a center fin up front...changes on the structure a bit too.

Anyone got an audio comparison to demonstrate it's re-recorded and not just recut with tweaks to the levels?

In any event, it's the same dialogue reused so I don't think we should read too much into a present-tense reference to Anakin. But assuming they were stupid enough to go with force ghost Anakin that means they'd have Hayden back because he's the canon force ghost for Anakin? I should hope Disney and JJ know better than to reference any changes to the original trilogy given how divisive they've been.

The line at the end is from earlier in the conversation with Leia in RotJ.

Dont have a direct comparison, but I've been listening to both intently, for hours. The line "I have it, my sister has it" is spoken with a different cadence I'm sure and I'm certain his voice is different.

relevant lines start at 1:31

Last edited by a moderator:

- - - Updated - - -

I see a bit of it, maybe, on the second time it's shown. The second time has no cross guards so it appears they're controlled separately. Too dark to be certain it's a vader type though. It does have a very similar emitter.

Dont have a direct comparison, but I've been listening to both intently, for hours. The line "I have it, my sister has it" is spoken with a different cadence I'm sure and I'm certain his voice is different.

relevant lines start at 1:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

The audio quality of the clip you linked is different than the one I linked, which seems to be at a lower register. The one I linked, to me, sounds like a dead ringer for Luke's line but with the levels bumped for the new teaser.

I see a bit of it, maybe, on the second time it's shown. The second time has no cross guards so it appears they're controlled separately. Too dark to be certain it's a vader type though. It does have a very similar emitter.

Hey, just thought maybe Kylo repurposes Vader's saber for himself. Not sure where he would have found it, maybe took it with him and was part of the funeral pyre.

The audio quality of the clip you linked is different than the one I linked, which seems to be at a lower register. The one I linked, to me, sounds like a dead ringer for Luke's line but with the levels bumped for the new teaser.

Sorry, missed your link. You have muddied my waters, now I'm less sure!

Hey, just thought maybe Kylo repurposes Vader's saber for himself. Not sure where he would have found it, maybe took it with him and was part of the funeral pyre.
Just went through his parts frame by frame. You can't see anything the first time. Too dark and his hand is obscuring too much. Second time, you can see a decent shot. The top of the saber has the same type of angled tip as vaders, but I don't see any shroud. I do see the two crossguard emitters below that though. On quick look, it can resemble the MPP shroud a bit, but I don't think there's a shroud there.

This is as clear as it gets...

hilt.PNG

Last edited:

Well I figured Vader's saber was long gone after it fell down the shaft and (further) destroyed when the DS2 blew up. Then again, if Luke's TESB saber is still around, I guess anything is possible. I like what I've seen so far but I'm curious to see how they plausibly explain how it could still exist...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back