Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

WHOA! I wonder if the ship that the MF and TIE fly through is similar to the Executor? It has a similar engine configuration?

Anyone notice that Luke's saber has 7 grips but with ESB-looking details?

Also it looks like Han's blaster is closer to the ANH style from what little you can see of it.

collage_20150417030242658.jpg

You know what I am noticing that is really beautiful about these visuals is that I can see they are wanting us to transition, but not forget what once was.

We see destruction and things that have come and gone very strongly. It's almost like we are watching a passage through to the next evolution and not just, "Nope. This is how it is now, sorry, fanboys."

Hopefully that made sense. Nothing negative at all.

I REALLY like this mix of what I see and I think that's why I always felt the prequels having such a disjointed feel from the OT. Nods of things to come, but a lot of it didn't feel as familiar, even leading right up to the end of Ep3 where at the last moments of the film we finally see things, but not this beautiful blend we see here of new and old making that connection. Given Episode 1 there was no Empire yet, but I didn't feel as much given to the originals in Ep2 and Ep3 in terms of style and progression into what would eventually be what came of 4-6. It almost looked like the republic tech of Ep3 was a step beyond (or not even related to) the transitions of the OT destroyer ships or fighters. But that's a whole other discussion. I am LOVING what I am seeing for EP7 thus far.

Oh bliss, bliss and heaven!!!

Holy crap, when that hybrid Graflex appeared I shot my friggin' wad!

Man, Solo looked better when he was frozen in carbonite.

The only negative is that we have to wait 8 more months to see it! Torture!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back