Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I have apologized to JD for being a dick. :)
I agree GL wanted ST to be clones but the lack of budget prevented him from realizing that effectively. So we ended up with ST of different height and different voices in ANH and the ship had sailed.

I'd be curious to know how many enlisted in the Vietnam war made up the soldiers in the gulf war and war on terror... Only makes sense it would be all the same kids, no?

What?

all the same soldiers?

well I stand corrected. ;)

I don't care what anyone says. That was awesome and I refuse to nitpick it. It's the first Star Wars I recognize and am truly excited about since I was a kid.

On a side note, I haven't been here all day and it may have been answered, but is that Benedict's voice doing the narration? If so that's awesome. Especially considering he was admit that he was not in the film.

I don't care what anyone says. That was awesome and I refuse to nitpick it. It's the first Star Wars I recognize and am truly excited about since I was a kid.

On a side note, I haven't been here all day and it may have been answered, but is that Benedict's voice doing the narration? If so that's awesome. Especially considering he was admit that he was not in the film.

It's largely speculated to be Andy Serkis

Has no one doing these voice-over analyses ever heard Max von Sydow speak? The first part is so obviously him it's silly. The "the Dark Side... and the Light" part is -- to these ears -- just as obviously not. My bet was on Andy or Adam, so that works. For that part.

And I do not get people who hear Benedict Cumberbatch in that. :p

--Jonah

[ETA: The One Ring cites the Collider. The Collider cites nothing. They quote Andy talking about his character, not saying he did the voice-over.]

I have to say, the two most striking shots from the teaser that got my heart racing were John Boyega in the desert and Daisy Ridley on her "speeder"...They had such a filmic look to them, you could have sworn they were taken from the Original Trilogy.

Having said that, It'll be really interesting to see what these costumes are going to look like once the exhibits/longer trailers start rolling out. As far as those ribbed under-suits for the new Stormtroopers, all I have to say is....good luck ;)

I thought the trailer was great! The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was the lightsaber.. but I feel like I need to see it in context and my feelings will probably change. I thought the x-wings and falcon looked awesome and I love the new stormtroopers. I think they actually look more menacing than the OT versions.

I actually pissed myself just a little bit! Sith in forest (Luke?) and classic ships (of course) made it for me!

Joe

Okay...I think I loved it.

But my entire reservation is this:

I hope that they retain the same style of film making as the previous 6 films.

This movie doesn't have to be frantic and explosive. The previous ones weren't. Other than the opening scene in ROTS, there wasn't any "bayhem".

I liked the slow moments on star wars. They made the action that much better. So as much as I was thrilled to see the falcon scene, it worried me the most

The first voice is too low to be Andy. and too youthful to be Sydow...

I hear Cumberbacht 100%.

listen to a recent Sydow interview... thats not him.

Why Did ‘Star Wars Episode 7′ Stars John Boyega and Daisy Ridley Suddenly Leave Twitter?
I was wondering why I couldn't locate their Twitter accounts today. This article is from end of September 2014.

And this was all before even a single official photo/video of her made online. Can't imagine the vitriol they would be facing after the movie when more people discover them. Some fans are just vicious. Apparently many were also constantly harassing her online for info on the movie.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back