Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Likely effectively zero.

When they announced 7-9 and the sale to Disney it was said he had story treatments and that he'd be a 'consultant' (only) on the new flicks...

I'd like to imagine - even for profession courtesy sake - that they ask his opinion on things from time to time. Not that hey have to listen to it, but still.

Please God, let this be false... :wacko

When they announced 7-9 and the sale to Disney it was said he had story treatments and that he'd be a 'consultant' (only) on the new flicks...

I'd like to imagine - even for profession courtesy sake - that they ask his opinion on things from time to time. Not that hey have to listen to it, but still.

That was the reasoning behind my question. I had heard he'd be consulted, but there hasn't been a peep out of him that I've heard. He does have some great ideas from time to time, and others, not so much.

You probably all saw this linked through the rpf already, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyNMSkTiGg

I know they wouldn't use modern day music in their trailers, but if the new trilogy trailers had this energy, and the flick had visuals like this... Not a fan would have a worry.

If this was a newly released flick, and this was trailer was the first thing I saw of it... I would be first in line (I say this as a guy who hates the theater experience, and when I do see flicks, they've been out a few weeks.

Last edited:

I'd have no problems with Tom Cruise being in Star Wars so long as it's just a a cameo as the rumor says it is. Put him either in the background somewhere or in a bit of makeup and on the second and third viewings it becomes kind of a Where's Waldo sort of thing, can you spot Tom Cruise in the background?

^Nope, that's just too much pandering to Hollywood "I wannabe in Star Wars 'ism". I'd much rather think this is just baseless rumor.

In all seriousness, who cannot wait until the first trailer comes out? SW7 comes out the night of my birthday! WHAT A PRESENT! I put off boot camp until after episode 1 was in theaters, that is how important Starwars is to me. Granted...boot camp was better the the prequels. I have high hopes for the new ones. Way higher hopes than the ones from 1999.

I think SW is big enough and old enough that having someone like Tom Cruise pop up for a short scene is to be expected,shows it's not just a thing for nerds or kids but a cinematic icon.

Hell have him show up as a grand moff on a Star Destroyer for a minute or two,maybe stick him in a Stormtroops armor and have him buzz by asking where he's needed.

Hell have him show up as a grand moff on a Star Destroyer for a minute or two,maybe stick him in a Stormtroops armor and have him buzz by asking where he's needed.

Absolutely. If he´s a fan, then let´s be happy for a fellow fan who may land a role in star wars. No envy here at all. Then again, I ,too, always did like that Kidman girl to some extent ...

ANNNNDDD NEWS !!!

AICN reports that SW PREMIERE MAY BE DELAYED!!

AICN said:
.... Unfortunately, the word coming from the set is that he could be out of service for as long as six months. And this is a huge problem because Han Solo is pretty much the main character of EPISODE VII, leading a galaxy-wide search party for Luke Skywalker. So I do not have a hard time believing Jedi News' rumor that there was an emergency meeting today on the film's Pinewood Studios set to determine whether J.J. Abrams and company can realistically make their December 18, 2015 release date
This rumor is getting a good deal of traction, so I'd expect some kind of official response from Disney fairly soon. Given what I know about EPISODE VII's story (along with the recent hiring of writer-director Rian Johnson for EPISODES VIII and IX), I'm genuinely looking forward to this new trilogy. It took them longer than expected to beat the script into shape, but they're really happy with it, and there's zero possibility of a significant rewrite to work around Ford's injury. Han's the man in this movie. That's not going to change.

Full article here: Harrison Ford's Broken Leg May Delay The Arrival Of EPISODE VII - Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

A search for Luke Skywalker? Did he lose his commlink or what? Hm, that could mean more Probe Droids, though ...

Shouldn't Leia be able to sense where Luke is anyway?

Unless he is hiding from the force like in some of the books.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back