Star Wars Tales of The Jedi animated series?

It's also interesting that Ahsoka and Anakin have new looks as well. Anakin's hair is a bit shorter. And Ahsoka isn't wearing her tube top.
I actually like that we're getting an intermediary design for Ahsoka, and they're not going back to the tube top. Also, training under Anakin does NOT look easy.

I don't take issue with other Jedi surviving the Purge, but it should have been extremely rarified and it was a trope they played out over and over again to the point where it lessens the importance of the saga characters. Not only that, it begs the logical question as to where all these hidden Jedi were during the formation of the Rebellion.
Starting to sound like they only killed about 20 Jedi and the rest all fled.

*Vader walks into a forest that is rumored to be the hiding place of refugee Jedi that survived the purge*

Vader: "Are there any Jedi here?"

6000 Jedi voices all at once: "NOPE!!"

:p

Starting to sound like they only killed about 20 Jedi and the rest all fled.

*Vader walks into a forest that is rumored to be the hiding place of refugee Jedi that survived the purge*

Vader: "Are there any Jedi here?"

6000 Jedi voices all at once: "NOPE!!"

:p
If they were using Lightsabers there’s a good chance that any of them that were disemboweled, or cut in half, had a tummy ache for a couple days but otherwise walked away!

The fact that Dooku is using the same saber(or nearly the same) as a Sith that he did as a Jedi makes the design a little less appealing for me. Not that I ever really loved it but I originally assumed it was more dark side inspired when AOTC came out. I'm pretty sure that's what the art department was going for but then much later (in a comic I think, could be wrong) they decided it would be the same saber.

The fact that Dooku is using the same saber(or nearly the same) as a Sith that he did as a Jedi makes the design a little less appealing for me. Not that I ever really loved it but I originally assumed it was more dark side inspired when AOTC came out. I'm pretty sure that's what the art department was going for but then much later (in a comic I think, could be wrong) they decided it would be the same saber.
Funny I feel the exact opposite, I never wanted a dooku until I’ve seen it with a blue blade

lol hey I’m a weirdo

Even in Legends, Dooku simply used his Jedi lightsaber when he became a Sith. Honestly, I think it contributes to the "fallen Jedi" part of Dooku's character that makes up Vader.
QOgto3g.png

If I remember right the curved hilt fit Form II better and let the user be more precise.Thats why he toyed with OWK in AOTC,he could have killed him if he wished.

If I remember right the curved hilt fit Form II better and let the user be more precise.Thats why he toyed with OWK in AOTC,he could have killed him if he wished.
Dooku always struck me as a Sith similar to Vader, he fell the the Dark Side with good intentions that became corrupted. In this case, Dooku firmly believed he could destroy the Sith from within. I think Dooku believed that if he amassed enough power and a large enough army that he could eventually take out Sidious and bring peace to the Galaxy. I don't think Dooku took thrill in killing Jedi like Sidious did. He did give Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda chances to either back off or surrender numerous times in both AotC and RotS. Sidious would have never given Jedi such mercy.

I think Dooku's potential as a character was there but not fully realized. A Jedi who became disillusioned with the order and genuinely wanted to bring peace to the galaxy was an interesting and great character motivation. Up until the Prequels came out we had no idea why Vader fell. Perhaps this motivation could have been Vader's from the start had things been written differently. What I do like about that trilogy as a story is that there were really interesting premises in it that could have told some truly spectacular had they been developed further with more drafts written.

Funny I feel the exact opposite, I never wanted a dooku until I’ve seen it with a blue blade

lol hey I’m a weirdo
I still don't want one lol. I think there's a number of people who feel the way you do about it though.

Even in Legends, Dooku simply used his Jedi lightsaber when he became a Sith. Honestly, I think it contributes to the "fallen Jedi" part of Dooku's character that makes up Vader.
View attachment 1617030
Dooku legends continuity is clearly not my strong suit. I really thought I remembered reading somewhere that it was designed the way it was to be Sith like, happy to be wrong. And it does fall in better with the fallen Jedi theme to have him use the same saber.

Last edited:
Dooku always struck me as a Sith similar to Vader, he fell the the Dark Side with good intentions that became corrupted. In this case, Dooku firmly believed he could destroy the Sith from within. I think Dooku believed that if he amassed enough power and a large enough army that he could eventually take out Sidious and bring peace to the Galaxy. I don't think Dooku took thrill in killing Jedi like Sidious did. He did give Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda chances to either back off or surrender numerous times in both AotC and RotS. Sidious would have never given Jedi such mercy.
I could see Dooku maybe having good intentions but not Vader.Vader’s problem was attachment and a lust for power.In AOTC he told Padme that he was being held back and when he was on the Jedi council he was pissed he was not given the rank of master.Vader wanted to save Padme but Force choked her when he thought she betrayed him,I would not call those good intentions.

I love the Dooku saber! If you've ever held a replica, the blade would pretty much be an extension of your straight arm, if that makes sense. So if you hold your arm straight, the blade is in line with your arm. It definitely makes sense, in universe, that it would be more useful for a certain form or something.

I love the Dooku saber! If you've ever held a replica, the blade would pretty much be an extension of your straight arm, if that makes sense. So if you hold your arm straight, the blade is in line with your arm. It definitely makes sense, in universe, that it would be more useful for a certain form or something.
Preach on brother, I dig the F... out of that saber.Hell I’m sitting right next to it as I type.
image.jpg

I can't remember if this was mentioned here yet. But something I don't care for is Dooku showing dark side tendencies way before his fall. It doesn't make sense in terms of the films. As the other Jedi don't even think he's capable of ordering an assassination. Sure he might have been a bit more of "progressive" Jedi, that's where Qui-Gon got some of his notions from. But Dooku force choking people when he was a Jedi? Eh.... I dunno....

I can't remember if this was mentioned here yet. But something I don't care for is Dooku showing dark side tendencies way before his fall. It doesn't make sense in terms of the films. As the other Jedi don't even think he's capable of ordering an assassination. Sure he might have been a bit more of "progressive" Jedi, that's where Qui-Gon got some of his notions from. But Dooku force choking people when he was a Jedi? Eh.... I dunno....
Like when Luke force choked the guard upon entering Jabba’s palace.

Like when Luke force choked the guard upon entering Jabba’s palace.
True. But within the context. We're supposed to be wondering about Luke. He's dressed in black. He's doing something we've only seen Vader doing. And if we recall Yoda's words. Luke started down the dark path when he quit his training.

Dooku was already fallen by the time we meet him in AOTC. It's clearly an act that he's some political idealist and his attempt to recruit Obi-Wan was only half sincere. The second he meets Sidious at the end it puts an end to any speculation. As if there ever was any.

This is one of the areas that I always had a problem with, even when I was a Prequel apologist. The Jedi are written as total morons. They can see what's happening right in front of them to the point where Palpatine has to literally come right out and tell Anakin he's a Sith. And the worst part is that Anakin and the rest of the order are shocked. Really??

For an order that prides itself on being able to see the future, having the lame excuse that the dark side clouding their vision is just weak writing and they should have sensed his ambition right out of the gate. Sidious wasn't exactly hiding it all that well.

Dooku still had potential though and I do like the idea that he was disillusioned with the Jedi order and wanted to stem the corruption in the Senate. In fact it would have been far more interesting if his intention had nothing to do with the Sith and somehow got falsely accused through Palpatines manipulations. He could have been a tragic figure in the process.

Dooku was already fallen by the time we meet him in AOTC. It's clearly an act that he's some political idealist and his attempt to recruit Obi-Wan was only half sincere. The second he meets Sidious at the end it puts an end to any speculation. As if there ever was any.

This is one of the areas that I always had a problem with, even when I was a Prequel apologist. The Jedi are written as total morons. They can see what's happening right in front of them to the point where Palpatine has to literally come right out and tell Anakin he's a Sith. And the worst part is that Anakin and the rest of the order are shocked. Really??

For an order that prides itself on being able to see the future, having the lame excuse that the dark side clouding their vision is just weak writing and they should have sensed his ambition right out of the gate. Sidious wasn't exactly hiding it all that well.

Dooku still had potential though and I do like the idea that he was disillusioned with the Jedi order and wanted to stem the corruption in the Senate. In fact it would have been far more interesting if his intention had nothing to do with the Sith and somehow got falsely accused through Palpatines manipulations. He could have been a tragic figure in the process.
Yeah; if something is clouding your vision, then you should be doubly on guard for that! Since the Sith are the foremost Dork Side users that they know of, the first thing the Jedi should be doing is trying to determine who they are and what they are up to!

"Where there is smoke...there is fire."

I mean, do they really need a playbill written for them to connect the fact that Maul and Dooku must have had a master directing their moves?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back