Star Wars Tales of The Empire D+ animated series

Here is some good history on what's canon and what's not: Canon

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There's my world, which is the movies, and there's this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don't intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don't get too involved in the parallel universe."
yeah, but wouldn't the shows that have been created since intrude "in-between" the movies like Kenobi, Mando, Ahsoka, BOBF, Rebels etc...which he's been somewhat involved in? They don't affect Canon? How long ago was this quote? He was obviously still in charge then.

Last edited:
Here is some good history on what's canon and what's not: Canon

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There's my world, which is the movies, and there's this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don't intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don't get too involved in the parallel universe."

yeah, but wouldn't the shows that have been created since intrude "in-between" the movies like Kenobi, Mando, Ahsoka, BOBF, Rebels etc...which he's been somewhat involved in? They don't affect Canon? How long ago was this quote? He was obviously still in charge then.
That's the problem as I see it. Fans back them for the most part all understood that what George did was THE canon. The EU was "canon" (in that it was an official continuation of the saga.)

But Disney/Lucasfilm likes to pass off what they are doing as being on the same level as what George was doing. Yeah... no. Sorry, I don't buy it. It's just another "parallel universe."

I understand the concept of wiping the slate clean so as not to be beholden to anything, but it becomes a joke when Kennedy is quoted as saying there was no existing material to draw from. While the franchise didn't originate from an already existing novel, decades of EU material kept the series alive to the point where outright lying about it, only to draw on it constantly, is really nothing more than gaslighting fans. I just reread the quote to be sure, and it's very clear.

Either way, what's done is done, so I won't belabor the point. Just making an observation. I also need to maintain my status as a grumpy old man. ;)
And then they go and grab Thrawn...

I understand the concept of wiping the slate clean so as not to be beholden to anything, but it becomes a joke when Kennedy is quoted as saying there was no existing material to draw from. While the franchise didn't originate from an already existing novel, decades of EU material kept the series alive to the point where outright lying about it, only to draw on it constantly, is really nothing more than gaslighting fans. I just reread the quote to be sure, and it's very clear.

Either way, what's done is done, so I won't belabor the point. Just making an observation. I also need to maintain my status as a grumpy old man. ;)
Welcome to the club, come to my island. Plenty of big ugly fish, and green t1tty milk.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back