STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Possibly but if I'm not mistaken, going by the timeline the Death Star should already be in the planning stages if not already under construction. If that is the case then this Sith super weapon wouldn't have any effect on the Death Star, stories of it might have influenced Palpatine but that's about it.

the death star should be nearly completed bythis point, as it was well under way by sith with a basic super structure in place

Maybe this is a setup for the Sun Crusher ;o)..

the death star should be nearly completed bythis point, as it was well under way by sith with a basic super structure in place

Agreed. It has been underway for some time. A New Hope makes it sound like it just recently became operational.

The question I want to know is if the second Deathstar has started. It seems that it takes a long time to build one of these suckers. It seems we are made to believe that Deathstar started construction shortly after the Empire was born, so its been roughly 15, 16 years and only a few more years till A New Hope and fully operational. Even if the Emperor put a rush on getting the second DS operational, you would still need 10-15 years (pulling that out of my ass).

Here is some McQuarrie art for you to reflect on.

tumblr_nhgl84hYSY1rkpedso1_500.jpg

Anyone else wondering if Vader will get a new ANH style faceplate in Season 3?

I hope so!!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I doubt it. It has been noted by production staff that visual difference in items like Vader, Troopers, TIEs, weapons etc are not an indication of different designs but simply artist representations. As I said before, its just like Yoda's oversized head in Clone Wars. It not as if we are to believe he suffered from some sort of allergic reaction between eps 2 and 3.

They're not going to have Ezra fall to the Dark Side, at least as not the final resolution of his character. That's just not the show they are making.

If I had to guess, I would agree but I honestly cannot back that up. People keep saying kid show or too light but we must be watching different shows. There is a lot of death, sometimes brutal. Let's remember the beheading of two imperial officers. This finale was very dark. The seventh sister was pretty much killed in cold blood. We are assuming Ezra is having a hero's journey but what if his rise and fall is actually to substantiate Kanan's journey or someone else.

The thing that makes me very anxious about this show is that not one of our heroes are safe. They can easily be killed off without messing up the known saga.

Dave talks about being able to do something that the fans have been wanting to see and discussing it at celebration.

I bounced around a few thoughts about events and characters like Obi Wan, Solo, but ultimately I believe they are going to have a story with Boba Fett.

I re-watched the Rebel Recon. Still trying to think of what Dave might be talking about. Made it sound more like an event than an appearance although maybe the event might include a character. Like may...

Lando: "Someone must've told them about my little maneuver at the Battle of Taanab."

I think the anything with Solo and Fett might be off limits as not to interfere with the stand alone movies.

I know they also talked about more stories having to do with the Death Star's construction and what happened at Geonosis maybe something to do with that which will link with Rogue One but not conflict with it. Ugg.. it's killing me... come on Star Wars Celebration!!!

Oh..Oh.. another thought. How about a story why there is a dark side cave on Dagobah. Could Maul have met his demise there?

87j90.gif

Agreed. It has been underway for some time. A New Hope makes it sound like it just recently became operational.

The question I want to know is if the second Deathstar has started. It seems that it takes a long time to build one of these suckers. It seems we are made to believe that Deathstar started construction shortly after the Empire was born, so its been roughly 15, 16 years and only a few more years till A New Hope and fully operational. Even if the Emperor put a rush on getting the second DS operational, you would still need 10-15 years (pulling that out of my ass).

Here is some McQuarrie art for you to reflect on.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/a155be42a8a048211632c54434a09f7d/tumblr_nhgl84hYSY1rkpedso1_500.jpg

this has been a question of mine for some time now. i even asked this question in the star wars un answered questions thread. i believe both of them are being built around the same time.

we see at the end of RoTS the death star frame is constructed. i always believe, shortly after they started the first one, improvements were made OR another large group of cyber crystals were found. and with finding of more crystals they could make a second weapon

What is the significance (if any) that Ventress was the voice of the holocron????

More info:

IGN: You had an interesting thing happen there in the Sith Temple with the voice we heard, provided by Nika Futterman, who was Ventress on The Clone Wars. The character is listed in the credits as “Presence”, but I did wonder, is that supposed to be an actual person from the past?

Filoni:
In my mind, yes. Absolutely. It’s one of the things that, when I was trying to figure out how this temple and everything works, that I wanted to have in there is the voice you hear. First of all, on a practical level, I loved working with all the Clone Wars actors. They’re so great to work with for so long, so I’ve tried to find ways to get these guys into episodes as just kind of a ‘thank you’ to them. I’d found a way to get a lot of people in, and I thought, “Well, I’m never going to bring back Ventress, but what if she played this presence.” I know Nika and her abilities, and she’s just so fantastic. And I thought, I like doing this. I’ve done it before with Maul and this character of the Son, where you see the dark side or the light side and these shades of people who are similar.
To me, that voice you hear is actually the ancient, ancient Sith Lord that created the temple. She was a powerful Sith Lord. I like the idea of this powerful, ancient woman that has domination that we’ve never heard of before, that was creating this massive weapon. And in the midst of the construction of this thing, when it was nearing completion, it got assaulted by ancient Jedi Knights. They have this huge battle at the foot of the temple, basically, and the weapon fires or malfunctions and everyone gets turned to stone. We had a lot of different versions of the story where – at one point, we see that thing fire initially when Ezra turns it on and it sends up that sphere. We were going to show that the one Eighth Brother had actually survived the fall and was scrambling towards his ship. Because he could use the Force probably to help himself land, and he was going to get hit by this wave. You would see it turn him to stone. Maul, because he would have been on a lower level when he saw the blast coming, would have survived it. And that’s how Maul winds up in the Eighth Brother’s TIE Fighter. He actually feels it and that’s when he flies out of there in the end. But yeah, there’s this ancient Sith Lord that Nika was playing, and I’m still going over the dos and don’ts of the continuity of all that. But I wrote the history down, I just put it out there in case people want to pick it up later when they’re working on things, and give some continuity. I won’t reveal the name – I have named the character, but I have to make sure everybody’s cool with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i rematched it tonight, and keep forgetting to post this question. i read the IGN article MJF posted, but still wasn't answered

we saw Ezra's saber get sliced up, and we even see the small kyber crystal. BUT we dont see him retrieve the crystal. i wonder if that was done on purpose or just cut out?

I called this a while back as well, based on the current shows pacing and character resolutions, I think Season 3 will be the last.

http://www.cinelinx.com/rumor-control/item/9201-where-does-rebels-end-and-what-happens-next.html

I saw some old video interview where Dave did speculate 3 or 4. If this is the last season, I would expect it to be announced at least by Celebration this July.

My personal opinion is that 4 seasons would be better. Unless they plan on jumping some time, there are still a few years between here we are in Rebels and probably the start of Rogue One. While you can hint at some elements of R1 in season 3, you cannot fully play with the story because it will not be seen till about mid season. It would be great if they allow for another season in which R1 story has been seen and sunk in and then utilize season 4 to refine the tie in points. But that's just me. Honestly, if they end after season 3, I am okay with it. I just hope they keep the wheels turning on the next series as I do not want to wait a year and a half to see new episodes of an animated show.

I would like new series would focus towards the sequel trilogy. More of how we got from Eps 6 to 7. However I'll watch any series.

i rematched it tonight, and keep forgetting to post this question. i read the IGN article MJF posted, but still wasn't answered

we saw Ezra's saber get sliced up, and we even see the small kyber crystal. BUT we dont see him retrieve the crystal. i wonder if that was done on purpose or just cut out?

it would be so out of character for Ezra to NOT save the crystal - I think they didn't need to show it. Probably done on purpose to make fans speculate (since there is also a red crystal inside the holocron).

I saw some old video interview where Dave did speculate 3 or 4. If this is the last season, I would expect it to be announced at least by Celebration this July.

My personal opinion is that 4 seasons would be better. Unless they plan on jumping some time, there are still a few years between here we are in Rebels and probably the start of Rogue One. While you can hint at some elements of R1 in season 3, you cannot fully play with the story because it will not be seen till about mid season. It would be great if they allow for another season in which R1 story has been seen and sunk in and then utilize season 4 to refine the tie in points. But that's just me. Honestly, if they end after season 3, I am okay with it. I just hope they keep the wheels turning on the next series as I do not want to wait a year and a half to see new episodes of an animated show.

I would like new series would focus towards the sequel trilogy. More of how we got from Eps 6 to 7. However I'll watch any series.

I would LOVE to see next season jump ahead a year or so with the rebels established on dantooine

I would LOVE to see next season jump ahead a year or so with the rebels established on dantooine

I don't know, I think that moving to Dantooine would push the timeline too close to ANH and not give them much wiggle room to play with in case they get a season 4. Besides, who's to say that the Phoenix group is even the same as Leia's? Plus I'd think that if they did move them to Dantooine it would make for a pretty well established base if they were there that long, from whenever S3 takes place to ANH, but maybe that's just my reckoning and they really aren't that far off, time wise, from the events of ANH.

It just showed in england, I think they might have cut a bit when Kanan was blinded, as you never actually saw the blade near his face.

How did it manage to get both eyes without taking a piece of nose with it too?

It just showed in england, I think they might have cut a bit when Kanan was blinded, as you never actually saw the blade near his face.

How did it manage to get both eyes without taking a piece of nose with it too?

I wonder if the blade didn't touch him at all and if it was the hook at the end of the saber the slash through his face...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back