Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

It is accurate to what was said by “Third Sister”, in the show.
So…. That means that Darth Vader, at any time, could have tortured Organa to get the location of Obi-wan, and inadvertently, stumble upon Leia and Luke after the events of this series and retcon the whole OT? And he chose not to?

So…. That means that Darth Vader, at any time, could have tortured Organa to get the location of Obi-wan, and inadvertently, stumble upon Leia and Luke after the events of this series and retcon the whole OT? And he chose not to?

I guess, if he ever got around to it.

I imagine he had better things to do like hanging out in his Bacta Tank in his scary castle where he reminisces about losing his limbs and being BBQ’ed.

B41AA500-85F0-4967-A200-937058735903.jpeg

Last edited:
I know this is meant to be comedic, but I have to ask: the “found a connection between Organa and Obi-wan in the Archives” bit… is he right? Is that an actual plot hole presented in this story, which is supposedly canon? Because if that is, it seems like a big enough plot hole to drive the Death Star through.

I don't think there's anything canon-wise, I think it's mainly Disney fanboys trying to make up reasons for bad writing. Palpatine knew that Obi-Wan had been in some meetings where Bail was in attendance, but other than that, nothing. Obi-Wan and Bail didn't go bar hopping or hang out, so I don't know what they are trying to use as proof. If there was any connection, Obi-Wan sure as hell wouldn't have hid Leia with him!

So I was sure whether to post this here or the 'Lets talk all things Star Wars.' Anyways I was going through the web archive reading some of the Lucasfilm forums. I read about supposed deleted scene from Attack of the Clones where it's mentioned that Owen had a brother taken by the Jedi. Kinda thought that was funny since in this show Obi-Wan mentions maybe having a brother. And at one time Obi-Wan and Owen were meant to be brothers.

If there was no plot hole where Reva finds an "existing" connection off camera there is no moving the, for lack of better word, plot, along. If not there would have to be five minute scene where a character slips and reveals information or actually legit discovers a connection on camera. But that five minutes would involve brain stuff for writers to brain stuff up. That and we would maybe had to lose the worst parkor ever filmed to include some actual story. But super Reva had to have a loaded deck to be steps ahead of everything and everyone. The fine line between enjoyment and frustration is lost with this show. It's either or.

A friend is a fan of SW and Marvel and a sports fanatic to the point he knows who did what when and where before any sports player was a pro, same with SW and Marvel. He enjoys all the films and TV shows and even defends the terrible writing, plot holes, characters, casting, acting... As the saying goes ignorance is bliss. He knows nothing of how a production goes, just a consumer. It took some time but he did finally have the blinders lifted when marvel went the way of the message. He's slowly coming around to the fate of SW.
The kid that works the desk at my gym, he’s a huge fan. 19 years old.. loves the Kenobi series, hates the original trilogy.. claims it’s too slow and boring..

With the rumors of them rebooting the OT, and his mind set.. I can totally see this happening..

It just amazes me how many plot holes, errors, and character rewrites and people eat this stuff up

Laser sword battle at the end.. throwing large rocks! YUP! Win!!

“… that’s not how the force works”

The kid that works the desk at my gym, he’s a huge fan. 19 years old.. loves the Kenobi series, hates the original trilogy.. claims it’s too slow and boring..

With the rumors of them rebooting the OT, and his mind set.. I can totally see this happening..

It just amazes me how many plot holes, errors, and character rewrites and people eat this stuff up

Many of my friends that are around my age, prefer the PT. The OT is slow and has dated special effects to them.

And yeah, ESB is kinda slow. But man, once you understand what Yoda is saying, those parts suddenly become your favorite. I used to tune them out when I was kid. Give me battles and action. But now that I'm older. I'm enthralled by Yoda's simple, profound wisdom. And Luke's hardheadedness. Lol That moment when you realize that us as kids are kinda disappointed by Yoda, like Luke is. We want the action and the lightsaber duels. And suddenly here's a character teaching Luke to peaceful and to be non-violent, that balks at the action and adventure, the thing we, as kids love.

I for one am going to start my kids on the OT. It will be interesting to see if it takes. See if my love for it will rub off.

Ironic.jpg

Modern fandom is a joke at this point. Everyone can enjoy whatever they want, but if your wrote response to loving a new show based on a property that's been around for almost 50 years is that you hate the source material, then your opinion is worthless. It's fine to enjoy a new addition, but if you can't stand the very thing that generated the new material, then you have zero leg to stand on and it shouldn't come as a shock that longtime fans will laugh off your perspective.

Many of my friends that are around my age, prefer the PT. The OT is slow and has dated special effects to them.

And yeah, ESB is kinda slow. But man, once you understand what Yoda is saying, those parts suddenly become your favorite. I used to tune them out when I was kid. Give me battles and action. But now that I'm older. I'm enthralled by Yoda's simple, profound wisdom. And Luke's hardheadedness. Lol That moment when you realize that us as kids are kinda disappointed by Yoda, like Luke is. We want the action and the lightsaber duels. And suddenly here's a character teaching Luke to peaceful and to be non-violent, that balks at the action and adventure, the thing we, as kids love.

I for one am going to start my kids on the OT. It will be interesting to see if it takes. See if my love for it will rub off.

I was the same way. I always thought that part was really boring as a kid (I was 3yo in 1980), mainly because it was slow and I don't think I really got what it meant. I absolutely loved Cloud City, the way it looked, so I was always wanting to get to that part.

I think someone already pointed out the consistency issue with the Fortress due to it's inclusion in the show, but I'll explain it briefly. Since Jedi: Fallen Order is canon and takes place a couple of years before the events of the Obi-Wan show, Cal and one of his friends escape Vader by using the "broken window letting in massive amounts of water" trick. That means that, despite the fact that Vader had almost gotten killed by the same trick that Obi-Wan ends up using in this show, no one has tried to rectify that problem between the two stories.

And if that's not enough, Cal gets into the facility in the game the same way Obi-wan does, and they never fix that problem either. They just posted a guard at the underwater hatch that is easily dispatched. No silent alarm to indicate that someone has gotten through, no one checking in with the guard who was standing watch saying, "Hey, we haven't heard from you in minutes, what's going on?" No one sent to check that hatch to find the guard dead, bobbing in the water and no alarm sounded! At least with the Death Star in A New Hope it made sense (as they had a small group show up at the control room where R2 and C-3P0 was at when communications with the room went silent. Hell, they had sensors in the cellblock that told them there was weapons fire on that deck when Han, Chewie and Luke catch the guards off guard in their attempt to rescue Leia. Yet, nothing for the hatch).

Seriously, that's kinda funny in both regards.

I have heard rumors about a season 2, but nothing official yet.
Was just thinking, as far as I remember, Obi-Wan never knew anything about the death star, so his whole, thats no moon line, while a classic, really makes you wonder how he knew.
But, maybe if they do season 2, he could get a very brief word from someone that the empire is currently working on a secret massive weapon.
But I wouldn't want him to see it, a picture, or anymore details than that.
So by the time hes there on the Falcon trying to get Luke to Alderaan, that little memory would come back to him realizing that what the person said, was in fact true.
Just a thought.
Maybe one of the books or comics already covered that. Not sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back