Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Enjoyed the whole series so far. Though this last episode felt very rushed, it could have used another episode.
Seemed like travel time between the 3 planets was absurdly fast.
I could have taken watching the Ben VS Vader as a whole episode.. I felt really invested in and wanted to here the conversations the struggle the relationship played out.
I was happy with what we got but hey you Always, want more...
For the casual viewer it was prolly Amazing but if you've been watching Anakin through the Clone wars for a decade plus you might feel more was needed..

My guess is in the Finale when Obi returns Leia to Bail Organa the question is going to come up from Leia about how Bail knows "Ben". She may be confused about the names Obi-wan and Ben just like Luke was in ANH, in which Bail explains to her he was a "General" and it would be only fitting for a princess to refer to him respectfully as "General Kenobi". Especially, after organizing the safety of all those people and herself. That would be how they may fill the plot hole.
The thing is though, Leia knowing Obi-Wan from the events of the show and how she doesn't seem to know him in ANH isn't actually a plot hole since the exact nature of her relationship and how she knows Obi-Wan isn't relevant to the plot. It's perhaps a bit inconsistent, but not a plot hole.

Second, according to an interview with Moses Ingram, BEFORE the show started, she was warned by Lucasfilm that her character would probably be divisive & she could endure some negative reactions from the audience. So, if you are aware of the way this new character MIGHT be perceived, the WHY IN THE WORLD wouldn't you put everything you had into making everything from her dialog, actions, & motivations to just her overall presentation?

They did, you're supposed to dislike her and have a negative reaction.

I've watched multiple series reviews and breakdowns on YT and they all seem to agree (as I also believe) that when Ben tells Leia that them knowing each other should be kept a secret because it could endanger them makes sense with how Leia presented herself in her message to Ben in ANH.

At the time she made the recording, she didn't know if or how R2 would get off the ship, so she had to think that if he was captured and his memory accesses her message might be discovered by the Empire. She sent the 'appropriate' message to someone her father knows asking for help, not giving away anything about her relationship with Ben, but still adding her desperate plea at the very end that was very personal and appealing to the man she did previously know.

The thing is though, Leia knowing Obi-Wan from the events of the show and how she doesn't seem to know him in ANH isn't actually a plot hole since the exact nature of her relationship and how she knows Obi-Wan isn't relevant to the plot. It's perhaps a bit inconsistent, but not a plot hole.
Well...i was wrong on everything i thought would happen anyway so it doesn't really matter at this point. I'm always wrong on predictions for series because my mind works in continuity. Since Disney's versions versions always deal with subverting expectations i should forever just start predicting the opposite of how i think it will play out...lol.

A majority of us thought that Obi-wan will be in Tatooine watching Luke...Disney played both sides of the fence and put the story smack dab in the middle of the 19yrs to avoid ridicule for making the decision to pair up him and Leia instead...who expected that? No one. Why? Not a logical or rational course of action given what we already know. Think about it. The vast majority of the show hinges on the fact that Bail Organa lost his own daughter...really? What has to happen in order for that to happen? Complete and utter ridiculousness. From that point on, Kenobi spends the rest of the show putting everyone else in danger. It took him that long to figure it out? Why is everyone including Leia in danger? Because Kenobi left Luke...his logical reason for being there to begin with. Like Psab said, Bail goes all the way to Tatooine to hijack Kenobi away from Luke instead of using his resources to find her himself? I forget, he has no resources or he would have protected his daughter in the first place...she's royalty for crying out loud...lol. So they hijack the moment Luke felt he was putting everyone in danger in ROTJ, retcon Kenobi into that role to confront Vader himself(That's original)...but it doesn't work because everything i just described hinges on Bail losing his own daughter. Talk about subverting expectations. Every character has to be written as being stupid in order for it all to work which makes it cheap.

Not just blaming Disney here...Lucas decides to have Obi-wan LEAVE Anakin in ROTS. ANH Vader says, "The last time i "left" you i was but the learner..." . I scratched my head until it bled after that...lol. Was that intentional? Was it a mistake? Was there plans to gap fill long before we ever knew? I honestly don't know but look how many years in between we get to believe it was a certain way before someone comes along and says.."oh, just kidding, this is what it really meant". It just cheapens everything in my book. It's not done to enhance the story it's done in the name of unpredictability at the expense of the story which is why so many people have problems with it. Are there endearing moments?...for sure but it's very hard to overcome these literary obstacles( speaking for myself).

Inconsistency is very unpredictable...that's why they do it.

I've watched multiple series reviews and breakdowns on YT and they all seem to agree (as I also believe) that when Ben tells Leia that them knowing each other should be kept a secret because it could endanger them makes sense with how Leia presented herself in her message to Ben in ANH.

At the time she made the recording, she didn't know if or how R2 would get off the ship, so she had to think that if he was captured and his memory accesses her message might be discovered by the Empire. She sent the 'appropriate' message to someone her father knows asking for help, not giving away anything about her relationship with Ben, but still adding her desperate plea at the very end that was very personal and appealing to the man she did previously know.
Hi James, this seems to be one of the more plausible explanations i've heard but the fact that it's directed to Kenobi...Jedi Kenobi...Obi-wan Kenobi...Ben Kenobi or General Kenobi would make any enemy deduce there is a relationship their as she says "My father". The fact that Kenobi is linked to her father would be enough for an enemy to interrrogate her and connect the dots...plus "Kenobi" is a name well known by this point via the prequels, even General Greivious calls him "Kenobi". Leia is better off NOT ever meeting Kenobi if the interrogation happened as it would keep them BOTH safer and giving up less info on one anothers whereabouts. So, if she never met him how is she putting him in danger? The only reason is that she gets him involved via the message...it's that reason alone that endangers him...We all get that part. But it's the him putting her in danger and that only happpens because he left Luke to go after her because Bail is a bad dad. That creates the dilemna of their relationship. If that never happens in this show then we are left with what a great majority thought to begin with...They never met and it's a simple plea for help because she hid the plans in R2 and if the message is discovered into the wrong hands then "the cat's out of the bag" anyways and Kenobi is actually discovered to be alive...Now Vader has a brain fart after battling Kenobi multiple times and says, nope, i don't care about Kenobi anymore, the Death Star is more important and i'll wait until " He senses Obi-wans presence" in the OT? Kenobi wasn't mentioned at all by Vader at any point until that "sensation" came about him. In ANH nobody knew of OBI-Wan, his officer even said, "you're all that's left of that dying religion" or something like that. It makes you think that Vader, for the next 10 years got bored with Kenobi and moved on to bigger and better things...lol.

I honestly believe George made a huge mistake in the prequels that has created a lot of this confusion, not just Disney.

It makes you think that Vader, for the next 10 years got bored with Kenobi and moved on to bigger and better things...lol.
There was that one scene where this pretty much happened though...

Screenshot_20220623-172957_Comic Strip.jpg

Last edited:

well said - 'appropriate message' being key here, LFL had to remind us of a bad example of leaving a voicemail in a previous episode ;)

There was that one scene where this pretty much happened though...

View attachment 1590632
Oh...I forgot that one ...I was distracted by the " new suit" after near death...that was pretty convenient and forced if you ask me. Me trying to make sense of this series is like Clark Griswold trying to unravel Christmas tree lights wrapped in a huge ball...lol

Maybe the parents here can attest to this or debunk it, but if this show has proven anything to the fans, it's obvious who the favorite child is....

How many times does Luke have to get sidelined? Even as a kid he's not much of a priority. But it's adorable because T-16 and the memories etc. Please! The fact that Reva broke into the Lars home, nearly killed Luke, and it was only by her choice to do the right thing that the fate of the galaxy is saved? Really??? I mean if Reva was able to figure all of this out then Tatooine itself is compromised as a safe haven for the child of the Chosen One. Then again this show wouldn't have taken place if Bail had taken a few moments hire some private security to protect his high profile daughter. What a moron.

Oh wait! What am I thinking? How stupid of me! None of this matters because Rey undoes all of this anyway! How could I be so dumb?

Last edited:
Just announced on Disney +

After being finally banished for accidentally unleashing a ‘big boomer’ in the palace, Jar Jar Binks begins his life in solitude.

When he accidentally uncovers a plot by rogue Nabooians from the surface who plan to destroy their aquatic neighbors, he tries to inform the palace but to no avail.

Determined to save the people he loves, Jar Jar sets out to recruit a group of mercenaries, consisting of bounty hunters, force sensitive Mynocks and Ewok refugees, he sets out to foil the evil plans of his Naboo nemesis.

Join us for a 23 part story…

Star Wars: BINKS

I thought the whole series was fantastic. Ewan is the best actor to play Kenobi IMO, he had a tough job with this new series as he had to try to emulate the Kenobi we see in a ANH. I also think the Leia actor was superb and she really portrayed Leia as we would expect to be as a child. That's what we expected Leia to be like, a clever and mischievous little girl who has a smart mouth and arrogance about her. Put it this way, she was a million times better than that bint Ridley - and that is clear as day - but I no longer consider the ST as anything to do with Star Wars anyway ;)

The Vader / Kenobi fight was fantastic and is probably the best we have seen since ROTS - mindblowing and what we needed to see and it felt like Star Wars.

Lee

To the credit of the actors I will say that the performances I saw in the clips were truly remarkable. Obi-Wan's reaction to seeing Anakin's face during the fight was truly noteworthy as well as Hayden's performance. Moses Ingram was amazing when she broke down in the end. I think her character arc was sealed well by her performance. There's some incredible talent involved with this show, even if I personally don't like what they did with it.

Overall, in enjoyed it. It looked like Star Wars, felt like Star Wars and McGreggor was fantastic. It was good to get some more Vader and I’m glad that Mr. Jones is not only still alive, but also doesn’t suffer from ‘old man’ shaky voice and can still do Vader.

Leia, as mentioned was phenomenal in the role.

It recaptured enough of the magic for me in a way that Fett didn’t. His was more like The Book of Boba Tea!

That scene with Obi seeing Anakin wheezing and scarred in that armor... and then apologizing... realizing they dragged this kid away from his mom and put this all on him....

That's all I wanted from the prequels... and finally got it in a pretty decent series.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back