Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

To the credit of the actors I will say that the performances I saw in the clips were truly remarkable. Obi-Wan's reaction to seeing Anakin's face during the fight was truly noteworthy as well as Hayden's performance. Moses Ingram was amazing when she broke down in the end. I think her character arc was sealed well by her performance. There's some incredible talent involved with this show, even if I personally don't like what they did with it.
agree. and Hayden won that round, hands down. (edit, to quote Adam Sandler, 'obsession is going to beat talent every time'). Ewan looked genuinely heartbroken, Moses' trauma and redemption was great too - also liked her role in the queens gambit. last episode capped this series, even if the second one is in play, i was good with this one for sure

Last edited:
To add, I think this also put a nail in the coffin of the plot hole in ANH when Vader says ' when I left you I was the learner' that has been proved correct now. Vader knew Obi Wan was still the master.
I'm just trying to understand you so please don't take offense. Because the Kenobi show had Vader meet Kenobi that filled a plot hole? Is that because of George Lucas having Obi-Wan leave Anakin laying on the ground? To me George created the plot hole. There was no plot hole until those movies came out but now you are saying the Kenobi show fixed it?

If we only had the OT i can take Vaders line" when i left you, I was but the learner, now I am the Master" to mean two different things. Admittedly, I took it as a physical leaving. It could be interpreted as " leaving" the relationship with Obi-Wan...abandonment to belong to him as his master to be ruled by the dark side. As if he was attesting to a conscious choice to leave the light and go dark....what do you think? To me it was never in question either way until ROTS.

I'm just trying to understand you so please don't take offense. Because the Kenobi show had Vader meet Kenobi that filled a plot hole? Is that because of George Lucas having Obi-Wan leave Anakin laying on the ground? To me George created the plot hole. There was no plot hole until those movies came out but now you are saying the Kenobi show fixed it?

If we only had the OT i can take Vaders line" when i left you, I was but the learner, now I am the Master" to mean two different things. Admittedly, I took it as a physical leaving. It could be interpreted as " leaving" the relationship with Obi-Wan...abandonment to belong to him as his master to be ruled by the dark side. As if he was attesting to a conscious choice to leave the light and go dark....what do you think? To me it was never in question either way until ROTS.
No problem bud.

My opinion is that Vader knows Obi Wan is still the master. Vader couldn't cope with him in the fight and when Obi Wan started using the force and got better and stronger, Vader knew it. Obi Wan knows him inside out as he trained him.

To me, Obi Wan was a much more powerful Jedi than we are led to beleive. He let Vader take his life in ANH because he knew Luke would eventually free his father from the dark side.

No problem bud.

My opinion is that Vader knows Obi Wan is still the master. Vader couldn't cope with him in the fight and when Obi Wan started using the force and got better and stronger, Vader knew it. Obi Wan knows him inside out as he trained him.

To me, Obi Wan was a much more powerful Jedi than we are led to beleive. He let Vader take his life in ANH because he knew Luke would eventually free his father from the dark side.
No, I mean about the plot hole itself, as you said. I'm confused as how it fills a plot hole unless you are referencing something like ROTS...because there is no plot hole in ANH on its own

Take this with a grain of salt...if you want to be confused even more, in STAR Wars Insider magazine's newest release, on pg.19-23 written by Amy Ratcliffe titled: Knowing Obi-Wan Kenobi, it detailed the events of Obi-Wan from the prequels to the OT and completely uproots events in this show along with Rebels. So...based on reading that article (not sure how much weight to give it) , it seems to imply there could be another season. It doesn't outright say it but it places Darth Maul tracking Kenobi on Tatooine 2 years prior to Leia's " help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"?

With Qui-gon training Obi-Wan in the current series and " other" events that Kenobi does, I believe they may try to do this...I can't make heads or tails of all this...like I said..Clark Griswold and his Christmas lights...lol

According to this show ( after all they've been through together) you find her message neutral on their relationship?
That's the problem!!! You would think it would be more personal if they had met previously, and as far as Leia being excited, my goodness..." her only hope" was there...he responded!! Got her message...of course she's excited.

Buttering up to him? You honestly thought that the first time you watched that? She's pleading for help.
But what was she supposed to say to him? It's not like she had a lot of time to record a warm, friendly message and reminisce about the events of the show? Was she supposed to say something like, "Hey Uncle Ben/Obi-Wan, no long time no see, I haven't heard from you since you returned me to my parents 9 years ago. Btw, thanks for rescuing me back then, I really appreciate it, but why haven't you kept in touch since then? Well, anyway, I have a bit of a problem I need to deal with and you're the only one who can help me with it.?"

Just announced on Disney +

After being finally banished for accidentally unleashing a ‘big boomer’ in the palace, Jar Jar Binks begins his life in solitude.

When he accidentally uncovers a plot by rogue Nabooians from the surface who plan to destroy their aquatic neighbors, he tries to inform the palace but to no avail.

Determined to save the people he loves, Jar Jar sets out to recruit a group of mercenaries, consisting of bounty hunters, force sensitive Mynocks and Ewok refugees, he sets out to foil the evil plans of his Naboo nemesis.

Join us for a 23 part story…

Star Wars: BINKS

Screenshot_20220623-205951_Instagram.jpg
Only 23 episodes.. I feel cheated!

Last edited:
If Disney were wiser, respectful of George Lucas's vision, history and spirit of the characters established in the OT they would not re-contextualize any aspect of the OT to any degree as it's completely unnecessary. It's especially unnecessary to do so to tell a captivating story about Obi-Wan during this time. Instead of displaying moderation in good tase their method is generally to go way overboard in an attempt to appeal to base levels of fandom in place of taking creative risks.
What vision? Lucas has muddled with and changed his "vision" of the make up of the Star Wars universe countless times. Just look at how many revisions there have been made to the OT over the years if you don't believe that George had a single consistent vision of what Star Wars was supposed to be. George's "vision" of what Star Wars was would change with every home release of the OT & later the PT.

You and me both...to think little " Ani" turned into this when the ones that love him the most try their hardest to turn him back and watch him further decline.
That was a Real gulp moment for me.. And to their credit Disney didn't pepper it home with a series of flashbacks but let us the audience in our own minds..

Oh and not sure if it was mentioned but the best Episode had Ewans name stamped on it, I wonder how much imput he was allowed? Then again the show wouldn't work without him...

realizing they dragged this kid away from his mom and put this all on him....
I respectfully disagree with this assessment: all Jedi were dragged from their parents at a early age(granted Ani was older than the norm) and had nothing put on him.In AOTC he tells Padme that he craved more power and knew it was wrong when they were at the Lars homestead.There was a few other lines of dialogue but my point is Ani made his decisions and this was on him.Ani from my point of view was not a victim and should not be treated as such,hell Vader even told OWK that he killed Anakin in the last episode of the series.

Take this with a grain of salt...if you want to be confused even more, in STAR Wars Insider magazine's newest release, on pg.19-23 written by Amy Ratcliffe titled: Knowing Obi-Wan Kenobi, it detailed the events of Obi-Wan from the prequels to the OT and completely uproots events in this show along with Rebels. So...based on reading that article (not sure how much weight to give it) , it seems to imply there could be another season. It doesn't outright say it but it places Darth Maul tracking Kenobi on Tatooine 2 years prior to Leia's " help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope"?

With Qui-gon training Obi-Wan in the current series and " other" events that Kenobi does, I believe they may try to do this...I can't make heads or tails of all this...like I said..Clark Griswold and his Christmas lights...lol
That's absolutely correct. Ben kills Maul on Tattooine 2 years before ANH. There's nothing I saw in that article that is contradictory to what's been established.

But what was she supposed to say to him? It's not like she had a lot of time to record a warm, friendly message and reminisce about the events of the show? Was she supposed to say something like, "Hey Uncle Ben/Obi-Wan, no long time no see, I haven't heard from you since you returned me to my parents 9 years ago. Btw, thanks for rescuing me back then, I really appreciate it, but why haven't you kept in touch since then? Well, anyway, I have a bit of a problem I need to deal with and you're the only one who can help me with it.?"
that's my point...they never met...The kenobi show hadn't been released yet.

Maybe the parents here can attest to this or debunk it, but if this show has proven anything to the fans, it's obvious who the favorite child is....
A Princess destined to go places.

Or...

That kid that likes to eat Sand.

As a parent I would say both.
As a Guardian I'd say "Its got to be both" being entrusted to look after and protect should take paramount above All else.. It doesn't mean like All parenting you don't make mistakes along the way but it's how you cope with those mistakes..

I am guessing this is Ben's first interaction with the twins
There were certainly moments it seemed where Ben saw Padme in Leia.

so in Rebels when Obi kills maul and sees a little Luke running on the farm he's 17yrs old there? doesn't look like it to me..he looks about 5
LOL... Yeah. I remember that was an issue when the episode came out & there was a LOT if discussion about it at the time.

Truth is, the animation of Luke was ABSOLUTELY an inconsistency that was admitted, but not the timeline.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back