Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

thats another thing... the most fear dude in the galaxy "darth vader" the emperors special agent.. does all the dirty work.. rarely does anyone see him, but everyone knowns he exists... helps Pap's keep fear in the galaxy... and kenobi has never heard stories of the infamous "darth vader"

c'mon....
Did you watch rebels? They are in the rebellion and 5 years after this show and no one knew who he was. They said 'what was that?' When running into him in S1

Nari: "Master Obi-Wan, it's you!"
Obi-Wan: "You have me mistaken. My name is Ben."
Nari: "No, I remember you. I was one of the young-lings in the Jedi Temple."
Obi-Wan: "You must forget you ever saw me."
Nari: "But Master, shouldn't we regroup and fight the Empire?"
Obi-Wan: "The fight is over. We lost. Take my advice...forget your training, bury your lightsaber in the middle of the desert, and go live a peaceful life."
Nari: "But what are you going to do then?"
Obi-Wan: "See that boy over there? When he grows up, I'm going to train him as a Jedi, give him a lightsaber I buried in the desert, and go fight the Empire."
Nari:"...... :confused:"

I wonder if someone’s enjoyment of the show has specifically to do with whether or not
they care about the long game canon…

I read complaints and eye rolls and 100% agree with a lot of them “nope. That didn’t work”…

But for me - I’m just seeing it as a singular story and it’s compelling to me… I don’t even care if they fight again and obiwan straight up kills Vader.

I just remember a friend of mine hating “Inglorious Basterds” cuz they killed Hitler. Said it took away any sense of grounding it in the real world (even a hyped up one). But I loved it and loved that Hitler bought it - Cuz I was invested in the story and that was the goal.

Kenobi had a recap that basically said “for the story purposes of this show, here’s what you need going in….” And then went from there… and on that level it’s rolling right along and is making me enjoy Star Wars - it’s rare these day.

I didn’t care when Kenobi saved kid Leia that immediately canon explodes cuz I was enjoying the back and forth… I was waiting for him to force pull her and when he did I was satisfied. I don’t care if that makes Star Wars not make sense… everything outside of the O.T makes Star Wars not make sense.

It’s like spiderverse now… this is the Ewan Kenobi-verse. Will lead to the same overall story… but different universe.

“My hands are wet because I just washed them. No other reason.”
….

I got lost somewhere in this… I’m rewatching baked outta ma tree happy Saturday all!

Last edited:
thats another thing... the most fear dude in the galaxy "darth vader" the emperors special agent.. does all the dirty work.. rarely does anyone see him, but everyone knowns he exists... helps Pap's keep fear in the galaxy... and kenobi has never heard stories of the infamous "darth vader"

c'mon....
I don't know. Like where is this idea in the films that Darth Vader is the feared enforcer of the Empire? I mean prior to ESB he's getting bossed around by a Grand Moff. He doesn't get a military position and a fleet until later. I could see there being whispers of a dark shadow, an armored warrior of the Empire that comes where the Emperor bids. But that's about it. I doubt his name is known outside of the higher ranks of the Empire. And probably even fewer know he is a Sith.

Are you seriously downplaying the role of Darth Vader? That's hilarious. George thought enough of the character to make an entire trilogy to tell his back story. He made him essentially space *****. Even this show is banking entirely on Vader showing up.

I don't know. Like where is this idea in the films that Darth Vader is the feared enforcer of the Empire? I mean prior to ESB he's getting bossed around by a Grand Moff. He doesn't get a military position and a fleet until later. I could see there being whispers of a dark shadow, an armored warrior of the Empire that comes where the Emperor bids. But that's about it. I doubt his name is known outside of the higher ranks of the Empire. And probably even fewer know he is a Sith.
I agree. It would be like the universe terrified of Maul… Vader is only a dark threat if the Emperor died and he took over.

The Military scoffed at him when he was Tarkin’s lapdog… er enforcer.

Are you seriously downplaying the role of Darth Vader? That's hilarious. George thought enough of the character to make an entire trilogy to tell his back story. He made him essentially space *****. Even this show is banking entirely on Vader showing up.
Uh....no....not at all.

There may be Imperials who don't respect Vader, but he's certainly feared. No one is messing with the guy that can choke you without lifting a finger or slicing you in half with a blood red sword. If he's not feared then why did the fleet troopers in Rogue One scream in terror?

There may be Imperials who don't respect Vader, but he's certainly feared. No one is messing with the guy that can choke you without lifting a finger or slicing you in half with a blood red sword. If he's not feared then why did the fleet troopers in Rogue One scream in terror?
Because they saw a 7-foot-tall armored behemoth standing in front of them with a red laser sword. You don't need to know who that is to be afraid.
wDkyWZY6oDZ3xG3V5MbLAR.jpg

I’m enjoying it mostly because of the story and Ewan. I also just love the music from Natalie Holt. The Disney+ chase scenes remain awkward and unbelievable but at least no Vespas. Reva’s acting is wooden- my wife was half paying attention and called it out. It’s difficult watching one of the main villains having difficulty portraying emotion. Reva running across the rooftops was straight up Matrix.

"Darth Vader...only you could be so bold"

Clearly it was implied he was known and had a reputation, regardless of how Rebels may have screwed with that canon.
The OT has bigger retcons within itself. I am not bothered by this supposed flub in the least. Given the general level of ignorance in our world currently it's entirely probable that not EVERYONE knows and recognizes Vader. But next up I'm sure we'll have someone turning around and complaining that they made Star Wars too small and it's weird how everyone knows everyone and weird cameos happen.

I didn't see Vader as Tarkin's lapdog in ANH despite Leia's leash comment. When people are upset they exaggerate to try to insult others, even as a young kid watching the film I knew that. Motti during the Death Star Imperial meeting was extremely full of himself while trying to get under Vaders skin so he made some really dumb comments and paid the price. No one else said a word or interfered so the idea that everyone in the room felt that way is unsubstantiated in OT canon. They were silent because they didn't want to get in the middle or they weren't messing with Darth Vader/didn't agree with Motti. My view is the later. If you look at their faces some look terrified when Vader is choking Motti.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back