Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Yep, Vader looks great and makes everything in Star Wars better as far as i'm concerned...especially in Rogue One. That movie jumped from a 6 out of 10 to an 8 just by adding that Vader scene which was phenomenal. The bigger issue to me would be(i'm sure someone has already said it by now) transitioning from Ewen to Alec. In the trailer it shows Kenobi looking at a 5yr old Luke(I think). I'm not convinced they didn't merge those 2 viewpoints with a different scene because to me, he should look a lot older...or Alec looked old for his supposed age. Yes, i know ...13yrs in the Tatooinne desert, stress, yadda yadda. By the way, this is not a problem for me per se but just in comparison to Vader, seems to be more problematic, if at all.

I think Vader looks totally awesome! The suit looks great and really captures the essence of his fearsome nature. The continuity of the story is so forgone anyway that certain consistency in the costumes isn't really an issue for me. I can forgive a difference in nit pick details as long as it makes sense in the story.

As for the story..... that's another matter. But the costumes look amazing. As much as I wasn't a fan of Obi-Wan's new robe, it is growing on me. The designs are cool looking. Even the new Inquisitor Reva has a killer looking costume. Just lose those idiotic hampster wheels posing as lightsabers and you'd have a nearly perfect design.
agreed...can't stand those hamster wheels...lol

Given that it's supposed to take place about a decade after ROTS, Luke would be about 10 years old. He looks about Jake LLoyd's age. Then again continuity doesn't appear to be a concern for the writers so..... :lol:

I think Vader looks totally awesome! The suit looks great and really captures the essence of his fearsome nature. The continuity of the story is so forgone anyway that certain consistency in the costumes isn't really an issue for me..

I don't mind the little problems either; Vader looks like Vader. It's more than just putting on the the most accurate pieces on a big guy, it's like anything else; it's fit. How does the whole ensemble look together on a figure? In this case, damn good. The proportions look good and that is more important than the nitty-gritty like a squared off chest armor or blinky-lights.

I don't have Disney+, never will, and I could care less with where this goes, but one thing is for certain: Vader looks good here. The best in years. Possibly the best since the OT.

I agree the proportions looks just right considering Hayden has a different build from Prowse or the actor who was in the suit for Rogue One. Seeing Vader looking this good is honestly pretty awsome.

The actress plays Mon Motha in the ROTS deleted scenes and Rogue One and I'm assuming she's in Andor/ possibly Kenobi. She looks great! Very regal and she's not aged a day.

The cape collar over the helmet neck is an interesting look.
He wore it like this briefly in the original 1977 Star Wars:

607598d0230e6a00018e21b2-image_354b1b56.jpg

What if Vaders outfit gets damaged in the Obi Wan series leading to it changing yet again. Just a thought. It can still end up as we see it, warts and all, in ANH. R1 aside, and the fact only a small fraction of nerds pick apart these things, it could be a Rubies costume and the average viewer wouldnt notice...

There's some leaked footage from a few weeks back appearing on YouTube, only now with audio. Some suspected it might be fake, but with a clearer image and audio now available, it's totally legit. Plus it's watermarked all over the place.

I agree; Vader looks like Vader. Whole heaps load better than what he looked like in Rogue One.

Yeah, the tunic over the chest plate is one of those things that really separate the ANH Vader from the others. I think it makes him look leaner and slimmer than ESB and RotJ. However, he's recognized more as having them under the chest armor, I don't think we'll ever see that look again.
He had the inner tunic over the chest armor in most of his scenes in Rogue One too. He switches it up.

I think with Haden not having the frame and build that Prowse did, the inner cloak may have "pooched out" too much if placed over the chest armor, with a gaping type look.

I'm hoping there is some way that Vader appears to have the heft that he did in the original trilogy. Not sure how they would pull this off though. Hayden looked small as the ROTS Vader, in the few seconds we saw him in costume.

Vader "looked" like Vader in Rogue One, although he certainly did not move the same way that Prowse did.
Nobody will move exactly how Prowse did. Bob Anderson didn't either but nobody had the issue. And Hayden & Bob Anderson were both about 6'1" with similar builds.

I agree the proportions looks just right considering Hayden has a different build from Prowse or the actor who was in the suit for Rogue One. Seeing Vader looking this good is honestly pretty awsome.

The actress plays Mon Motha in the ROTS deleted scenes and Rogue One and I'm assuming she's in Andor/ possibly Kenobi. She looks great! Very regal and she's not aged a day.
Bob Anderson was similar in height in proportions to Hayden (both were about 6'1") and Bob didn't have a bodybuilder build.

Yep, Vader looks great and makes everything in Star Wars better as far as i'm concerned...especially in Rogue One. That movie jumped from a 6 out of 10 to an 8 just by adding that Vader scene which was phenomenal. The bigger issue to me would be(i'm sure someone has already said it by now) transitioning from Ewen to Alec. In the trailer it shows Kenobi looking at a 5yr old Luke(I think). I'm not convinced they didn't merge those 2 viewpoints with a different scene because to me, he should look a lot older...or Alec looked old for his supposed age. Yes, i know ...13yrs in the Tatooinne desert, stress, yadda yadda. By the way, this is not a problem for me per se but just in comparison to Vader, seems to be more problematic, if at all.
Truth is Ewan was actually 50 when he filmed Kenobi series, Alec turned 62 on the set of ANH in 1976. Kenobi series is set almost 10 years before ANH. Ewan has even more gray than they put on him at the temples fro ROTC, seen best in close up, not distant shots. If you think people can't go fully gray in less 10 years, (especially going from late 40s to late 50s) I know of several real world examples. Alec actually was balding when he filmed ANH (you can see him without his hairpiece during interviews filmed around the time in the late 70s on youtube)

What if Vaders outfit gets damaged in the Obi Wan series leading to it changing yet again. Just a thought. It can still end up as we see it, warts and all, in ANH. R1 aside, and the fact only a small fraction of nerds pick apart these things, it could be a Rubies costume and the average viewer wouldnt notice...
Vader switches up some of the components of his suit anyway. so no need to show anything get damaged. He changed from ANH to the ESB and we didn't see in onscreen damage.

Last edited:
I actually really like the new Vader suit! It’s basically in between ROTS and R1 which I feel makes sense in terms of continuity. I’m happy for Hayden because he always really wanted to wear the suit and only got that one scene with it and now he’s getting another opportunity to embody the character, the fact that it will actually be Hayden in the suit is amazing! I’m also glad they are doing this while James Earl Jones is still with us.

Truth is Ewan was actually 50 when he filmed Kenobi series, Alec turned 62 on the set of ANH in 1976. Kenobi series is set almost 10 years before ANH. Ewan has even more gray than they put on him at the temples fro ROTC, seen best in close up, not distant shots. If you think people can't go fully gray in less 10 years, (especially going from late 40s to late 50s) I know of several real world examples. Alec actually was balding when he filmed ANH (you can see him without his hairpiece during interviews filmed around the time in the late 70s on youtube)
I'm one of those people who have gone gray within ten years lol. If you read what i said, it doesn't matter to me. It was a comparison and i don't care if Ewan is 80...he still "Looks" young and i don't care if Alec was 40 he still "looked" older than his age at the time. Like i said, my comparison was that to nitpick Vader's suit over the "look" of Ewan going to Alec was more of a stretch. Thank you for your accurrate response though, sort of making a point i didn't have to which is, the fans seem to care more about accuracy and continuity more than the film makers and the writers do(atleast it seems that way to me). The truth is that when people see Vader and Ewan they know who they are by now so it doesn't really matter in the overall scheme of things...Just to the costume and prop guys on here, which i appreciate as well. Most of us are on the RPF or atleast the Star Wars leg of it, because we were kids once and Star Wars was fun and cool. Now we've all "aged" maybe not all "grown up" lol, and we've become all super serious about everything...and i get that some people have made this franchise their livelihood and i'm glad for it. I'm really thankful for the RPF because i've met some really cool and "wicked cool" people on here...lol. I just really hope it remains fun and cool.

Part of the issue here I think is that over the last 40 years the idea of what 40, 50, and 60 look like has gotten quite different, especially in Hollywood. We're all accustomed now to seeing actors in their 50's looking like what our brains expect people in their mid 30's to be.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back