Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Vader looks great! Looks like a perfect mix of the clean look of ROTS with the AHN helmet.

I agree; Vader looks like Vader. Whole heaps load better than what he looked like in Rogue One.

Wish Vader's robe was over his shield, but still looks good.

Yeah, the tunic over the chest plate is one of those things that really separate the ANH Vader from the others. I think it makes him look leaner and slimmer than ESB and RotJ. However, he's recognized more as having them under the chest armor, I don't think we'll ever see that look again.

I agree; Vader looks like Vader. Whole heaps load better than what he looked like in Rogue One.

Yeah, the tunic over the chest plate is one of those things that really separate the ANH Vader from the others. I think it makes him look leaner and slimmer than ESB and RotJ. However, he's recognized more as having them under the chest armor, I don't think we'll ever see that look again.

I think for this series, it makes sense having the armor over the robe since that's how it was in ROTS and somewhere between this series and Rogue One/ANH, Vader changed his look up for a little before going back to the under the armor look.

I think for this series, it makes sense having the armor over the robe since that's how it was in ROTS and somewhere between this series and Rogue One/ANH, Vader changed his look up for a little before going back to the under the armor look.

I think with Haden not having the frame and build that Prowse did, the inner cloak may have "pooched out" too much if placed over the chest armor, with a gaping type look.

I'm hoping there is some way that Vader appears to have the heft that he did in the original trilogy. Not sure how they would pull this off though. Hayden looked small as the ROTS Vader, in the few seconds we saw him in costume.

Vader "looked" like Vader in Rogue One, although he certainly did not move the same way that Prowse did.

Or this was how he got him back on set. He’s been little more than just Mando’s voice for the past year.
And voice has a huge impact on keeping an actor as the character itself...Optimus Prime voiced by any other than Peter Cullen is a waste...they've tried and failed. With Mando you would think, just keep the mask on and it doesn't matter but now that we've had so much dialogue with Pedro we are glued. At this point its probably more about consistent recognition of said actor and his brand more than being a relatable character without the mask like Boba was in TBOB. In my opinion, which matters little, Mando is way more cool with the mask on and if Star Wars is really about the kids like George Lucas said then they should stop trying to over dramatize everything and make everything so artsy fartsy wartsy and put the masks back on and start having fun and be cool again.

I personally love Vader's inner robes under the chest armor. It seems more practical to me. Just like a gambeson would be layered under a coat of mail as a means to cushion the armor for the wearer. I know surcoats were often worn over armor, but just aesthetically I think the robes underneath his chest armor just looks more refined.

And voice has a huge impact on keeping an actor as the character itself...Optimus Prime voiced by any other than Peter Cullen is a waste...they've tried and failed. With Mando you would think, just keep the mask on and it doesn't matter but now that we've had so much dialogue with Pedro we are glued. At this point its probably more about consistent recognition of said actor and his brand more than being a relatable character without the mask like Boba was in TBOB. In my opinion, which matters little, Mando is way more cool with the mask on and if Star Wars is really about the kids like George Lucas said then they should stop trying to over dramatize everything and make everything so artsy fartsy wartsy and put the masks back on and start having fun and be cool again.
I have a theory that Timothy Olyphant sounds close enough to Mando that he could replace Pedro's voice work if Pedro became too difficult to work with.

I have a theory that Timothy Olyphant sounds close enough to Mando that he could replace Pedro's voice work if Pedro became too difficult to work with.
i love Timothy Olyphant...definitely don't want his character dead but he just looks the part as a gunslinger and has wit and humor to boot and from watching his work in Justified and interviews, isn't full of himself to the point that he thinks of himself as "too important" to lose on set...just saying.

I always handwave the different suit looks with "Anakin was a tinkerer." It's well established since TPM that Anakin liked to tinker, and I don't see why he'd have stopped as Vader. It's canon that Vader's initial suit was purposely designed to be incredibly uncomfortable to wear, and I see Anakin secretly messing with the suit to give himself as much comfort and range of motion as he could.
I think with Haden not having the frame and build that Prowse did, the inner cloak may have "pooched out" too much if placed over the chest armor, with a gaping type look.

I'm hoping there is some way that Vader appears to have the heft that he did in the original trilogy. Not sure how they would pull this off though. Hayden looked small as the ROTS Vader, in the few seconds we saw him in costume.
I honestly, think he already looks heftier than he did in RotS. He certainly has the intimidation factor down.
NFrJQm2.png

Vader "looked" like Vader in Rogue One, although he certainly did not move the same way that Prowse did.
People saying Vader didn't look like Vader in Rogue One are full of hogwash. There's no way he stepped on screen and somebody went, "woah, who's the dude in the billowy black cape and armor?" He looked like Vader. People are just obtuse and nitpicky because they changed the costume up slightly - like they do literally every movie.

Last edited:
i love Timothy Olyphant...definitely don't want his character dead but he just looks the part as a gunslinger and has wit and humor to boot and from watching his work in Justified and interviews, isn't full of himself to the point that he thinks of himself as "too important" to lose on set...just saying.
you know he's doing a new season of Justified right now so I expect his role in Mando to be small. If this is just 1 special season of Justified maybe he'll stick around star wars longer. He seems like one of the few actors who enjoys to entire process of making film vs doing it for fame and money.

you know he's doing a new season of Justified right now so I expect his role in Mando to be small. If this is just 1 special season of Justified maybe he'll stick around star wars longer. He seems like one of the few actors who enjoys to entire process of making film vs doing it for fame and money.
agreed

Chestbox shouldn't be lit, either.
Rogue One Vader was nearly perfect ANH (just not weathered). This is a GREAT looking Vader....if it was set during ESB.

I think Vader looks totally awesome! The suit looks great and really captures the essence of his fearsome nature. The continuity of the story is so forgone anyway that certain consistency in the costumes isn't really an issue for me. I can forgive a difference in nit pick details as long as it makes sense in the story.

As for the story..... that's another matter. But the costumes look amazing. As much as I wasn't a fan of Obi-Wan's new robe, it is growing on me. The designs are cool looking. Even the new Inquisitor Reva has a killer looking costume. Just lose those idiotic hampster wheels posing as lightsabers and you'd have a nearly perfect design.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back