Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Don't tell me...
They're from a planet where everyone is an inquisitor. Like Mandalore is a planet where everyone is a bounty hunter, Corellia is a planet where everyone is a smuggler, and Botha is a planet where everyone's a spy.

TatooMeme.jpg

im going to spoiler tag for another 24 hours

so you got the impression obi wan cut himself off from the force too?

I also got the feeling that he hasn't used the force in forever when he goes to catch little leia..

I think he’s definitely cut himself off from the force out of necessity. Any use of the force during his exile would attract unwanted attention. I got the impression that it was almost painful for Obi-wan to tap back into it, it had been so long.

He sure did look rusty that’s for sure
Which is why a rusty Luke Skywalker after years of seclusion...nevermind, i digress...lol. Tapping back into the force after it lies dormant seems to be worse than the worst case of constipation known to man. I thought the force "flows" through all living things, but i had to remember it also"binds".

Tapping back into the force after it lies dormant seems to be worse than the worst case of constipation known to man. I thought the force "flows" through all living things, but i had to remember it also"binds".

This is why this plot point(?) doesn't work. It's already long established since ANH, and then reinforced in ESB, that the Force is life; there can be no Force without life and there certainly can't be life without the Force. It's one of the axioms of the whole series is built upon. To separate the two is to make the Force a "thing" and destroy its concept. It's bewildering how people don't get this.

After watching Kenobi twice i had these observations:
( I am really trying to be fair and objective based on my extreme love of the OT)
1.I still think the show isn't needed but it is what it is, can't change it now.
2.Ewan is great and immediately captures my interest.
3. This feels more like a story than TBOB and the dialogue was better except for Owen constantly pushing Ben's name out there and vice versa, as if we don't know who they are.
4. The little girl who plays Leia is 10 times better than Reva and is by far more believable. In fact, Leia and Obi dominate the show.
5. I just don't get the Inquisitors. Not frightening at all.
6. Loved the Jawa in Obi's home
7.Hard to get past continuity issues in my mind.
8.Way too much allusion to TLJ for my taste even Though Obi-Wan and Luke's predicament are apples to oranges.
9.Flea? Really
10. Love Obi-Wan lightsaber!!! 10 out of 10.
11. My son likes it better than TBOB but not Mandalorian.
12. I like the pace and honestly, seeing little Luke and Leia tugs at my heartstrings but still maintain the fact that the show was unnecessary but admit to being loyal to Ewan because he is so good, hard working and believable and it amazes me after all these years how he owns the character so well. Jimmy Smitts was great too.

Guess im the minority....that was the best 2hrs of sw i've seen since the 80.

I dont expecr perfection, no one can possibly live up to our expectations for every lite detail. I expect good and thats what i got today.

As for rusty, i dont think its rust i think its fear and aprehension. He is supposed to protect luke and using the powers reveals him and puts everything at risk.

As for leia she was great. Thing is i have a 10 year old niece who is on the small side fir her age. Makes this one look 7 not 10. Kid has a helluva future if she is already that good.

I liked this, but it’s definitely very Clone Wars (which I like) so I can see how it’ll put people off. Ewan definitely feels like a mix of his PT Obi, TCW, and what will become Alec’s Ben.

Guess im the minority....that was the best 2hrs of sw i've seen since the 80.

I dont expecr perfection, no one can possibly live up to our expectations for every lite detail. I expect good and thats what i got today.

As for rusty, i dont think its rust i think its fear and aprehension. He is supposed to protect luke and using the powers reveals him and puts everything at risk.

As for leia she was great. Thing is i have a 10 year old niece who is on the small side fir her age. Makes this one look 7 not 10. Kid has a helluva future if she is already that good.
You're in the minority with me, but we're not alone. There's just no point in trying to discuss something you like with all the critical thinkers that are highly educated in why it's bad.

Do what I do...Watch it with people you love, try to be encouraging to the minority, & when you read the posts, take the meat & spit out the bones.

Using the Force as Obi-Wan and the Jedi do is a SKILL. They're taught how to do it from a very young age and using it frequently when the Jedi were still around helped keep their skills strong.

If you don't use a skill, and in fact have serious PTSD/trauma around the nature of a skill, you're not going to have an easy time using it again.

I am very, very good at my job, for example. But if I take 2 weeks off, it's not uncommon for me to come back to work and need a good hour or two to remember how to do all the things I'm extremely skilled at.

Now imagine ignoring a skill as nuanced and challenging as using the Force. For TEN YEARS!

It's not that unexpected that he's struggling.

You're in the minority with me, but we're not alone. There's just no point in trying to discuss something you like with all the critical thinkers that are highly educated in why it's bad.

Do what I do...Watch it with people you love, try to be encouraging to the minority, & when you read the posts, take the meat & spit out the bones.
If you go on looking for things you are going to find them. We venerate the OT but forcone example if there were flipped shots in a new show or movie people would attack it. I love the OT but it has its own bag of errors we are willing to ignore.

Its not to say there hasnt been bad out there...there clearly has. This isnt in the same continent as those.

Just finished watching the two episodes and it was...okay? I guess? Definitely didn't love it and my concerns are certainly still there. I'm still interested enough to continue on and feel it could be worse.

That said, I think Reva is terrible and really hurts this thing, especially as the "main baddie" at this point. I would've much preferred the focus be on the Grand Inquisitor or even the other guy with the hat. Lol! She's just not the slightest bit intimidating though trying so hard to act nasty and scary. Her flagrant and repeated disrespect and insubordination right in the Grand Inquisitor's face should've gotten her killed on the spot. I'm guessing she might've been one of the padawans in the temple they showed at the beginning? What her beef is with Obi-wan remains to be seen unless it really is nothing more than to gain Vader's favor.

I was fine with Leia at first, thought the actress looked plausibly enough like a young Leia might, but she got increasingly annoying as things progressed. I'm not okay with her meeting Obi-wan before the events of ANH. Her message to him in ANH certainly didn't sound like he was someone she knew. Seeing more of Alderaan was neat though.

Ewan is great but I really wished they had aged him up more and brought his features closer to Guinness. Ol' Ben must really go downhill in those final 10 years. Interested to see what kind of logical wrangling they're going to have to do to explain how Obi-wan falls off the radar again and safely returns to Tatooine. I kept chuckling that his "undercover" garb just made him look even more like the Jedi he's trying not to be.

I wish Daiyu had been Nar Shaddaa but that's a nitpick.

Personally, I liked the return of more traditional orchestral music. The score has been pretty good so far, though I was puzzled at the lack of the Force theme at least when Obi-wan saves Leia from falling.

Generally, it was far from a slam dunk but it did have elements I liked and I didn't hate it. We'll see where it goes from here.

Last edited:
You all are silly....
Revenge of the Sith is 19 BBY
Obi-Wan Kenobi is 9 BBY
Rebels is 5 BBY

The Grand Inquisitor was stabbed in 9 BBY but was chasing crew of the Ghost in 5 BBY........ spoiler......he's not dead.

...As the Grand Inquisitor was once a guard at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, and there were many guards of the same Pau'an species in the Clone Wars/Rebels, perhaps there is a later SUCCESSOR to the Grand Inquisitor of the same species?

...probably not

But Reva seems... out of place? The portrayal is not refined or professional, the way you would expect a Jedi now pseudo-Sith to behave or act, especially with dark side force powers at their disposal.

And it DEFINITELY feels like a TV show, where it could have been trimmed/edited for better flow and less baggage.

But really, we are NOT here for little Leia or Owen or even little Luke, right? We want to see Vader and Kenobi interact. And threading in Reva's desire for power and (probable) ultimate redemption is fluff, without a compelling character.

Well, I’m gonna tell y’all from the very top…We got about 5 minutes in and Brittany fell immediately to sleep. So if that indicates her review at all…

I even had all the snacks ready:

F3019767-8D6B-4E19-BA05-D9BCFC863ED3.jpeg

We will watch them tomorrow together, but I went ahead and watched both episodes tonight. I just couldn’t get invested in them. I would have really enjoyed seeing a bit more ROTS era Jedi Temple chaos, because so far, that’s been the best element of the show, followed by turd Uncle Owen. He definitely reminds me of the farm owners I have know and their children, who are seen as “belonging on the farm.”

I don’t know who is more annoying though, Child Leia or Terrible Actress Reva. Leia is supposed to be annoying, but obviously the Inquisitors are supposed to be played straight and terrifying. The Mods are scarier than they are!

And Disney Star Wars is absolutely the worst at chase scenes. That’s easily decided. Brittany is still asleep and I can guarantee she’ll bring that up. Who runs directly into a stick? WHO?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back