Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

Here you guys go, 2 ways to block channels. You see a spoiler channel, you block it. They lose enough traffic maybe they stop acting like pre teens. Of course I would never block these 2 channels, just an example.

View attachment 1574200View attachment 1574201
Yup, I've done that with a few channels... mostly racist/misogynistic ******** that seems to creep into my feed sometimes, but spoilers, for sure get the boot.

Regarding any Disney Marvel/Star Wars shows , Hope springs eternal, or at least it used to. But how many times can you be disappointed, or down right pissed off, before you wash your hands of it all. I love the " original " Starwars, Bsg, Star Trek, ECT. Spent 10s of thousands of dollars on models, books, magazines, and videos/DVD's/ Blu rays, and every other thing. Haven't bought a single things from any of the new versions of these properties , nor will I . I've only watched Paramount+ when there's a 99 cent monthly special. It's really not worth that much, but curiosity kills the cat, lol. I suppose the worst thing about Nu anything is the lost potential. Just continue the stories, respect the characters, and the fans that made you rich. Jettison the PC nonsense. If you're woke, go back to sleep. Stop preaching to me, about stuff that only matters to you. I don't watch movies and shows to be told how racist, sexist, phobic of everything, I am. I go to church for preaching. I go to movies to be entertained. Didn't these same people say all the time, stop trying to force your beliefs on me. Now this is all they do , non stop, ad nauseam infinitum. Enough already, the tide is turning. People are sick of it ! Sorry, rant mode off. Stand down from red alert, ; )

Disclaimer : This has nothing to do with this particular show, obviously, it's not out yet. Just a general attitude about Disney and other entertainment companies. Any angst, anger, feelings of insecurity, are strictly unintentional. No members were harmed in the writing of this rant. These are the opinions of the writer only and not the opinions of management or staff. Anyone who likes any Nu thing, carry on. You do you ! Love you all, ; )

P.S. Didn't I just say I was going to stay out of the Entertainment threads, Damn It !

Last edited:
I don't know what any of you are talking about. Star Wars ended in 1983 with "Yub Nub."

I think ya all been doing a bunch of drugs.

Seek help. You seem to be having visions of bad Star Wars. This has been going on for over 22 years so please, get help.

Star Wars was awesome but it's been over for 39 years. Let's move on.

Really digging the slow rollout of promotional photos and info.

Also I totally ignore click bait YouTube videos and "leaks". I want to be totally immersed in the series episode to episode.
View attachment 1574259

What if this is how Obi looked for most of his time in exile? What if he only put the Jedi garb back on when it was time to recruit Luke? Really excited for this show. Can't wait to see what sort of person Obi and what state he's in after the fall of the Jedi.

I don't know what any of you are talking about. Star Wars ended in 1983 with "Yub Nub."

I think ya all been doing a bunch of drugs.

Seek help. You seem to be having visions of bad Star Wars. This has been going on for over 22 years so please, get help.

Star Wars was awesome but it's been over for 39 years. Let's move on.
Dude, do you want some death sticks?

I dont actively search for stuff on youtube so spoilers dont pop up on my feed but Im also not happy that most rants against Star Wars/Marvel/Disney have a misogynic slant (M-she-U, women power, etc.) which taints the much more simple narrative that is that most movies by Disney right now just kinda suck.

I did enjoy Marvel but have been pretty burnt out after Endgame. Dividing a story across several forms of media doesnt work. Video games have tried it and failed spectacularly. Hell, the PT did it and it didnt go well.

Lucasfilm is in a rut and needs an overhaul. Star Wars feels uninspired. Just trying to milk out stories where there isnt any milk left as a form of cursed "fan service" (be careful what you wish for). Star Wars will probably continue to make money because jedi/lightsabers are cool and sells toys but it will probably die out.

Sure, Lucasfilm has Indiana Jones but honestly, I think as a series its already dead in the water. Indiana Jones worked when stories were simple with clear designations between good and evil and 4 never sat right with me anyway. Indy is too old to go adventuring but not a fan of Mutt taking the mantle (even if a different actor).

A few new photos

RDT_20220512_0610003915413932366806393.png
RDT_20220512_061013353552680611212286.png

RDT_20220512_061018620352673257893687.png

Unlikely we’ll see any of this in the show, but I suppose for me, there will be at least something of value if this show has a few moments of quiet introspection. Give Hayden another shot at playing the Anakin Ben describes in ANH—I know flashbacks can be bad, look at Book of Boba Fett, but just give me a look at a time when Anakin and Obi-Wan were friends. Just a quiet moment at a campfire, or in disguise at a bar or cantina. Something that shows Jedi being people and those two being anything other than antagonistic and jealous of each other. I feel like a scene (or even an episode, or series of scenes throughout an episode) can serve both to remind the audience that these two were supposed to be friends, brothers even, as well as run counter to Vader’s actions and portrayal in the show. Plus, otherwise, I don’t really see the point of casting Hayden if he’s just standing in the suit or briefly in a bacta tank before getting dubbed over by an aged James Earl Jones—or worse, the computer program they use for Luke to de-age the voice.

Anyway, I feel it’s unlikely at this point, and I haven’t sought out spoilers of any kind so I don’t know if it’s already a hopeless dream, but those are my thoughts. I get the feeling, though, that the show will actually be a copy of the EA Battlefront II campaign—overconfident female Imperial extremist becomes “nice” and turns to the good side, and then thinly disguised as a Kenobi show.

Unlikely we’ll see any of this in the show, but I suppose for me, there will be at least something of value if this show has a few moments of quiet introspection. Give Hayden another shot at playing the Anakin Ben describes in ANH—I know flashbacks can be bad, look at Book of Boba Fett, but just give me a look at a time when Anakin and Obi-Wan were friends. Just a quiet moment at a campfire, or in disguise at a bar or cantina. Something that shows Jedi being people and those two being anything other than antagonistic and jealous of each other. I feel like a scene (or even an episode, or series of scenes throughout an episode) can serve both to remind the audience that these two were supposed to be friends, brothers even, as well as run counter to Vader’s actions and portrayal in the show. Plus, otherwise, I don’t really see the point of casting Hayden if he’s just standing in the suit or briefly in a bacta tank before getting dubbed over by an aged James Earl Jones—or worse, the computer program they use for Luke to de-age the voice.

Anyway, I feel it’s unlikely at this point, and I haven’t sought out spoilers of any kind so I don’t know if it’s already a hopeless dream, but those are my thoughts. I get the feeling, though, that the show will actually be a copy of the EA Battlefront II campaign—overconfident female Imperial extremist becomes “nice” and turns to the good side, and then thinly disguised as a Kenobi show.
When I first caught wind that Hayden would be coming back as Vader I immediately hoped we'd be getting some form of flash back scenes with him and Obi-Wan together. Like you said, It would be a waste to have Hayden back only to be covered in the Vader suit or under intense makeup for the whole series.

It's the unnecessary low sleeve tucks and flared hood edge of the robe that give that effect. Also the loose collar of the shirt emulates the scarves hipsters are known for wearing. Even subconsciously that's what people are picking up on as this being the "hipster" Obi-Wan.
I remember one time drinking in Shoreditch, East London. I exited the Lego exhibition where I spot a bunch of sock less slingback Hipsters, they turn their heads Beards swaying in the wind..
One of them clocks you and shouts Daddy!.
Then you know your old, but it was a light hearted joke and they bought me a Pint!
And yeah I guess well I know I fit the mold and its better than walking in your Jedi robes late at night and being called a blooming Viking!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back