Star Wars movie set den build

Now I have lenses. Some clear epoxy stickers arrived from Hong Kong today. I had to cut them down from 2" to 1 5/8" so they would stick over the metal door stoppers correctly. Aaaand the light switch panel is finished. This resembles the ones seen on set. I noticed they had three or four similar layouts.
attachment.php

The switch in the middle turns on the room lights. What's next? I might paint that stupid white home security sensor box. I do like the way the sensor lights up when I move around the room, so it stays.

Attachments

• lightswitch 04.jpg
    lightswitch 04.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 3,559
LOVE IT! The room is really coming along!

Check this out... This is what I did for my panel lights. I have several extra 40mm dome lenses I can give ya if you're interested? After painting the lenses with a translucent paint, I laser cut thin donuts from clear 1/8" acrylic and adhered them to the inside of the lens. It completely transformed the look of the panel light.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=147319&page=196&p=3256545&viewfull=1#post3256545

Let me know if you would like the lenses! :)

LOVE IT! The room is really coming along!

Check this out... This is what I did for my panel lights. I have several extra 40mm dome lenses I can give ya if you're interested? After painting the lenses with a translucent paint, I laser cut thin donuts from clear 1/8" acrylic and adhered them to the inside of the lens. It completely transformed the look of the panel light.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=147319&page=196&p=3256545&viewfull=1#post3256545

Let me know if you would like the lenses! :)

Yep, I sure would like to have 3 of them. Can I PayPal you some shipping funds? Thanks.

There are a lot of plans in the works right now. I'm coordinating for a couple 501st troopers to come over and do a professional photo shoot in this room with my photographer friend. That should be fun!

Lately I've been working on the lighted ceiling centerpiece. Here is the latest photo.
attachment.php

My favorite parts of it are the box with the Tie Fighter on the green "scope" and the big blue LED fan.

I have various ways to control the lights in it. Some portions are controlled by an x10 Powerhouse controller. I can click buttons on the desk and turn on most anything in the room.
attachment.php

The black controllers are the x10 AC power controllers which activate lights via several x10 appliance modules. The colored remotes are for the LED lights. They can turn any color or pattern. The joystick (don't laugh) just turns the blue cup holders on and off. :cheers Cheers for blue beers!

Attachments

• ceiling 45.jpg
    ceiling 45.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 2,455
  • ceiling 46.jpg
    ceiling 46.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 2,460
This is again an amazing body of work. You create a space I can only dream of having *grumblegrumble* stupid boyfriend with his ideas about us being 'grown-ups'*grumble*

Wow just like you stepped into a galaxy far far away....Awesome and great job. Wish I had the room. But great work and dedication to the project.

Testing piece #1. It's white. It glows, it reflects. Temporarily, I've attached it to the wall.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=229909&d=1378777856
This is industrial stuff. It is RST-WT-0003 White Reflective Safety Tape in a 3" wide roll. It has a paper peel-off backing. I have 60 feet of this tape. It will be applied to panels that will be attached to the wall. Below, some pieces are laying on one of the panels.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=229990&d=1378791031
Man, these suckers are bright!

Now I'm off to paint 4 gray panels, and cut 70 pieces of this tape. Hopefully, I can cut each piece with perfectly rounded ends.

You know what? I'd like to get some Star Wars costumers over here when this project is done, sometime next year. Wouldn't that be fun, posing for some photos?

Okay, I know this is a bit late to ask this question, but where did you get that tape? Is it the diamond pattern or straight white? I copied and pasted the "RST-WT-0003 White Reflective Safety Tape" into search engines and this forum is pretty much all that comes up. Thank you in advance!

Okay, I know this is a bit late to ask this question, but where did you get that tape? Is it the diamond pattern or straight white? I copied and pasted the "RST-WT-0003 White Reflective Safety Tape" into search engines and this forum is pretty much all that comes up. Thank you in advance!

The reflective tape came from a place called Safety Supply warehouse.
Copying the text on my order confirmation - - - - (pasting) - - - -
Order Details:

CodeItemQtyPriceGrand Total
RST-WT-0003White Reflective Safety Tape - 3" X 10 yards
2$40.95$81.90
Subtotal: $81.90
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $11.84
Grand Total: $93.74
Thank you for shopping at www.safetysupplywarehouse.com!

My whole thumb has been hurting from using a computer mouse and trackball too much. The doctor immobilized my wrist, thumb and finger for 11 weeks. This week, I've been trying out this weird new computer mouse. It might relieve my hand problem a bit. It's called an Evoluent mouse. It's sideways. Supposedly, the wrist can be resting in a more neutral position for less mousing pains. Here it is pictured on my Star Wars-themed desk.
attachment.php

Evoluent did their logo in blue LED script, so it matches many other electronic items in here. After two days of use, this mouse has become easy to use.

Attachments

• evoluent mouse.jpg
    evoluent mouse.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 1,637
Last edited:
Thank you sir for sharing that information!

Your work here is absolutely amazing. Somehow, and I am still in shock about this, my wife is letting me begin a similar project for my office. I am terrified at what she has in mind that is making her agree to this so that she can blackmail me with it later...

Last edited:

For Amazing DJ-

Always love this thread.
Been wanting to try my hand at doing some panels. Big question: How on earth did you cut such perfect shapes? They look machined! Looking for any template tips you may have.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back