Star Wars: Jedi Trials show

ahuntley

Interesting side find: I'm 95% sure they use components from Galaxy's Edge for the lightsabers in the Star Wars Jedi Temple Challenge show. Offhand, how many parts into a lightsaber from Savi's Workshop, and typically how does the kyber crystal go in?

You can find a lot of Youtube videos about the construction of the Savi lightsabers. They are made using a plastic core with the electronics built in. The piece that go on is:
  • pommel
  • emitter
  • upper grip piece
  • lower grip piece
  • mid band that is in two piece halves
taking off the mid band piece gives you access to the crystal chamber which just fits in place.

My son and I have come up with some theories about the hilts on the show. The look of the hilts do not match any of the Savi parts. We think they have two types of hilts for the show but they look alike. We think the have the static version they build which interlock with each parts, no core. Then we believe there is a second hilt that is used at the end of the show. This hilt is an fx version which is made to look like the one at the beginning of the show but this one has the electronics and a chamber for crystal.

We have discussed the possibility that they might have utilized a savi core with custom exterior. But let’s face it, making a working lightsaber isn’t hard especially if you are connected with LFL. So all of it could be custom work. Also just because on the show they say they need the crystal to make the hilt function, it doesn’t mean it really does.

The one piece I'm almost sure of is the crystal itself. Blowing it up on my flat screen to full size the seam lines and shadows of the chip match the white crystal from Galaxy's Edge.

Found this online.

4FEE48A3-6BC0-4BE7-8BB7-278C1CC82671.png

And here is something funny...

My son (17) and I always watch Jedi Temple Challenge together. And every time the team that leaves the ship after losing the knowledge round has to exit the ship hatch on the left of the set. My son always says they are getting ejected out of the airlock.

When where and how do you see this? All I keep seeing is posts of pictures of droids and props but nothing else about when and where and how to see it

This show looks real...money has definitely been spent on it. I wonder why D+ is not airing it? I‘ve watched the first two and keep expecting, Meesa bombast Jedi Master Jar Jar Binks!

I think it's not on Disney+ because it's on the Star Wars Kids Youtube channel and isn't directly marked as "Disney". At least that's what I'm assuming. Though I do seem to remember hearing that the series would be coming to Disney+ but I don't know if that's still true.

Also, if you look closely, most of the props they use in the show are from Galaxy's Edge. Like the First Order binders and the macrobinoculars from the Jedi accessory set, for example. I guess they're cheap props to throw in, eh?

Also, if you look closely, most of the props they use in the show are from Galaxy's Edge. Like the First Order binders and the macrobinoculars from the Jedi accessory set, for example. I guess they're cheap props to throw in, eh?
I think it's also a genius marketing tool for visitors to GE. That being the only place a young person that enjoys the show can get the same stuff they see on the show... unless, of course, you have a relative on the RPF.;)

Then you pretty much show them what you want & ask the question that you already know the answer to..."Hey uncle/aunt _______, do you think you could make me one of these?".

Then you stand back & watch the material chips fly.:lol::lol::lol:

There is obviously a crystal swap out. They get clear ones but the blades glow green. (At least on the one episode I saw where the kids completed it)

There is obviously a crystal swap out. They get clear ones but the blades glow green. (At least on the one episode I saw where the kids completed it)

It was never A question on whether a crystal was inserted. After all, that’s the point of the last challenge and they tell them to put it in once achieved. What I was sayin was that from a technical aspect as a prop made for the show, the crystal may not be needed in reality to make the hilt work unlike the hilts at Savi’s. Sure, they tell the contestants that on the show but that’s just pat of the charm. Now I have no proof on way or the other but if I was building a prop for a game show in which it was going to be mainly a finale showpiece, I would want to limit the variables that might go wrong like a malfunctioning crystal or a bad connection. The KISS principle seems like the best way to go.

I think it's also a genius marketing tool for visitors to GE. That being the only place a young person that enjoys the show can get the same stuff they see on the show... unless, of course, you have a relative on the RPF.;)

Then you pretty much show them what you want & ask the question that you already know the answer to..."Hey uncle/aunt _______, do you think you could make me one of these?".

Then you stand back & watch the material chips fly.:lol::lol::lol:
This is true. :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back