Interest Star Wars EV-9D9 / 2-1B droid neck / bust

Well well well .. this project is back on the bench!!!

Just had a nice opportunity to buy a DLP resin printer and couldn’t pass it up! First thing to be sent will be the neck model and see what happens from there. I can’t wait to test it and hopefully come up with a neck master that is super clean!

If all goes well, the details and all little parts of the body will be printed in resin while the bust itself will be printed on a normal extrusion printer. I can prep a big piece just not detail parts .. I’m too old for that s%#t!

And it's started! I can't believe this quality comes from a home printer (Phrozen Make).

print upperneck success 2.png

Higher rez

7c7fbf4438a7ee59361a9ee1edc6f0db.jpg

So we've been iterating back and forth on this for the past couple weeks! The idea here is to see long term and have a bust that fits along with other droid busts.
Since my next choice in line is 2-1B and I needed to establish a common scale, I came up with this:

ev9d9 - bust measurement.jpg

And so the full bust got cut to the found height...

9D9 WIP-19 (1).JPG 9D9 WIP-20.JPG

We're currently finalizing the base .. I'll remove the taper and will make it compatible with the 2-1B bust as well to have the same base for each bust.
Those will be printed and finished in separate parts. I plan to have one mold for the torso, and the louvers and shoulders separate to help casting and painting!

If you guys have any comments, feel free .. I'm always opened to ideas!

This is still planned but I need to get back to it. I'm currently closing all my Han In Carbonite parts runs to get rid of all my stock then I'll get back to this for myself as well! :)

Any word of EV-9D9 neck?

I wish there was! Wow, already 2 years since the last update to this! No updates at all unfortunately. Parts are sitting in front of me and bust was almost ready to print. Just got lost creating a family :D

I might come back to this when my kids turn 18 or something .. in about 15 years! :D Or sooner .. who knows!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back