Star Wars: ESB McQuarrie Concept Cloud Car 1/48 WIP

joez2391

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone, I have started working on a project I've wanted to tackle for a long time. I've always loved the McQuarrie concept art and the Cloud Car from Empire just has such a cool variation to it from what ended up on screen. This is designed from scratch and will be resin printed. Excited to see how this turns out

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 10.35.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 10.35.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 10.35.41 PM.png
mario-ponton-14-cloudcity-20150912075430-15.jpg

Beautiful print/model. Cannot wait to see it painted. Are you going to add the pilots?:cool::cool:(y)(y)

i havent taken the dive into zBrush so no pilots yet! I would love to learn more organic modeling soon

Beautiful print/model. Cannot wait to see it painted. Are you going to add the pilots?:cool::cool:(y)(y)

Thank you for the kind words! I have plans to learn zBrush in the near future so wouldnt count that out!

Lovely model for sure; the paint job is top:cool::cool:(y)(y)

Thank you! It was a really fun one to paint :)

Looks great!

Thank you!

This is awesome!! Would love to see pilots in it, or even like concept droids piloting it or something.

Thank you! Same here, would be a fun addition to add in some pilots

Looks great, lovely paint finish, what 3d printer are you using?

Thanks! I currently am using an Elegoo Jupiter and have an Elegoo Saturn 8k that should be set up soon too. The Jupiter is great, having the big build plate i was able to print all of the pieces in one go. I started out with the smaller Elegoo Mars Pro a few years ago, was a great printer but it took forever to print kits having to do them in batches.

Will this be available as a kit?

Yes it will be! I will be posting a link once the kits are ready to go :cool:

Kit's are now up! send me a message if you'd like one

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back