Done / Completed Star Wars Ep7: REY'S BLASTER kit - now upgraded!

@JOATRASH FX A question about the grips. The holes are slightly too small to fit the torx screw heads I'm using, but I didn't want to drill them out until I asked if you foresee any issues with widening the holes? I'm not sure what the internal structure of the grips is (hollow or not) and didn't want to do something I couldn't undo.

Thanks!

I got my kit a few days ago! Joe do you have any instructions on putting it together? I've never assembled a kit before so I feel a bit lost.

@JOATRASH FX A question about the grips. The holes are slightly too small to fit the torx screw heads I'm using, but I didn't want to drill them out until I asked if you foresee any issues with widening the holes? I'm not sure what the internal structure of the grips is (hollow or not) and didn't want to do something I couldn't undo.

Thanks!

You about 0.8mm of a wall around the screw socket so you can enlarge it a little. On the prototype, I actually just screwed the grips in place without enlarging- the heat generated by the screws is enough to soften the surrounding plastic, letting the screw go in. Now, that may a bit scary for most, so try enlarging with a slightly larger drill bit and turning it by hand. With this type of plastic, you can usually just screw the hardware in place and it will create threading automatically.

I can't wait to get mine! My fingers are crossed that it will be here soon.

You should have it any day now- most folks in the US have gotten them. If it hasn't arrived in another week or so, drop me a PM.

I got my kit a few days ago! Joe do you have any instructions on putting it together? I've never assembled a kit before so I feel a bit lost.

I have a couple diagrams earlier in this thread on how the trigger and safety work. There is also the parts-diagram on page 1.

I recommend using spray-filler primer on the surface, then sanding smooth.

Glue with solvent-based acrylic (plexiglass) cement (note that you can only use it on the raw plastic, not a glued surface) or superglue.

Basecoat with high-gloss black, then "mist" on silver or chrome. Use satin black on the grips.

If it is listed elsewhere in the thread, I apologize.... does someone have a listing of the screws used in the assembly of the kit?

I didn't see it anywhere here. I pm'd him the exact question but no response yet. I think I can id the torx but the 6 tiny Allen's I'm not sure about or where to get those. The torx are a security torx either #8 or #6 using either a t15 or t10 bit. I'm holding off on purchasing them to see if he answers tho. As Strongbow said though if anyone can add to this it would help everyone. [emoji106]

If it is listed elsewhere in the thread, I apologize.... does someone have a listing of the screws used in the assembly of the kit?

The majority of the screws are M4 Torx security screws (6mm screw length - although you'll need to trim them down for the handle since they're too long and will meet in the middle).

Tiny socket head cap screw (2 on each side above trigger, and 2 on end of barrel): #1 (1-64 or 1-72) or #2.

Last edited:
The majority of the screws are M4 Torx security screws (6mm screw length - although you'll need to trim them down for the handle since they're too long and will meet in the middle).

Tiny socket head cap screw (2 on each side above trigger, and 2 on end of barrel): #1 (1-64 or 1-72) or #2.

Thanks, man!

try rolling sandpaper into a tube and pass it back and forth through the holes, letting the paper naturally expand to fill the holes. Then just use light pressure and work the sandpaper in rotating motions till you get the holes smoothed out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back