Limited Run Star Wars Ep VII Force Awakens Captain Phasma helmet (First Finished Helmet P9!)

Re: Star Wars Ep VII Force Awakens Captain Phasma helmet (FIRST KIT PICS on Page 4)

Deposit sent. Now the wait starts... :popcorn

The wait shouldn't be too long for kits at this point. Resin shipment will arrive in the next day or two. Then I'll be casting like a madman. The finished helmets will take a bit longer. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of vendors for prices on chroming.

I'd like to get in on a raw kit. Thanks.

PM Sent.

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here.

Re: Star Wars Ep VII Force Awakens Captain Phasma helmet (FIRST KIT PICS on Page 4)

Resin shipment has arrived.

Time to cast all of the things!

Post here if you'd like to get a kit.

The wait shouldn't be too long for kits at this point. Resin shipment will arrive in the next day or two. Then I'll be casting like a madman. The finished helmets will take a bit longer. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of vendors for prices on chroming.

Too excited! Thanks, and I cannot wait to revel in your artistry. Then the only thing I'll be waiting is the movie opening in Christmas.

I'm down for one resin. Can't decide on the chrome or not. Can I decide later? Thanks. Where to send deposit?
Or PM me. Thanks!

I'm down for one resin. Can't decide on the chrome or not. Can I decide later? Thanks. Where to send deposit?
Or PM me. Thanks!

PM Sent.

UPDATE: Here's yesterday's casting progress:

Note that the nose plates are just sitting in place. They'll sit in the right place when they're glued on after finishing.

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'l PM you with payment details.

Hi Thorssoli, I sent PM and waiting on reply mate

Those turned out great man. Is there a way to ship one without the nose piece permanently glued? It would make it easier to chrome both pieces individually so you could paint the black vent section a lot easier, and THEN attach it after everything is painted.

Star Wars Ep VII Force Awakens Captain Phasma helmet (FIRST KIT PICS on Page 4)

How much would the chroming be? Thanks
Depending on total, I'll take a finished kit.

Last edited:

very excited .please let me know when to send the less.

Hi Thorssoli, I sent PM and waiting on reply mate

Reply sent.

Those turned out great man. Is there a way to ship one without the nose piece permanently glued? It would make it easier to chrome both pieces individually so you could paint the black vent section a lot easier, and THEN attach it after everything is painted.

I won't be attaching the nose piece before shipping the kits.

How much would the chroming be? Thanks
Depending on total, I'll take a finished kit.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of vendors to see if I can get it done for a reasonable price. I'm aiming to keep it under $200. So far it's looking like I'll have to do it in-house to keep the price down.

very excited .please let me know when to send the less.

Will do.

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here and I'll PM you with the details.

Yesterday I built the magic box to make the eye lenses faster:

I've got a shipment of shipping boxes coming in a couple of days, so those of you who've sent deposits for kits should start getting paypal invoices for the balance shortly.

If you'd like to be added to the list, please post here and I'll PM you with payment details.

Any news on the finished option?

Awesome! Ready to pay the rest of the balance

Any news on the finished option?

Not yet. Still waiting to hear back from one more chrome shop. Probably going to end up doing it in-house though.

Awesome! Ready to pay the rest of the balance

Soon...

How does that box work?

It works pretty well. :D

If you're looking for details for how it was made and what it does, check out the build thread here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=243732&page=4

If anyone else wants a kit, please post here.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back