Star Wars Complete Saga - Bluray Prop Discoveries

6163420204_f65a6c0c7d.jpg

6162885261_35baa14218.jpg

-Ss

These are fantastic shots thank you so much! The shots of Luke's stunt saber are spectacular, it's funny how that saw the most screen time. I always wondered, Graflex clamps are hollow. How did the prop dept. make a solid prop out of Obi Wan's parts (in line: grenade, clamp, booster) and does anyone know what was inside the emitter to make it so reflective?

He was really choking up on that saber, wasn't he? :lol

If you are referring to Alec G. in ANH I noticed that too. It looks like he felt really comfortable holding it with his right hand on top, pointer finger poised just between the windvane and the emitter. His left hand holding the saber around the graflex clamp. I have to agree, as awkward as the OT sabers felt with that clunky control box, it fits best in my hands that way. :cool

-Ss

I got a very old-fashioned vibe from watching him hold his saber. Almost like classic sword technique/dueling. Most others had a very powerful but clumsy two handed baseball bat grip

WOooooow !!!!!!
:love

Thank you very much ssdesigner, you're the man !!

I think I will rework the picture and do a poster of it :lol !

There's an entire thread on this:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/2-obi-anh-sabers-onscreen-when-45491/

Can you add the hi-res images to that thread? That way we can keep the discussion focused.

FB

I'm watching the ANH Obi death scene and will have screencaps soon. Looks like both transistor washers are NOT on the saber (I think we already knew this, but it's nice to have the improved resolution).

6155087663_14684ea3d8.jpg

I thought it would be good to open this up for other screencaps/prop discussion...

-Ss

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back