Star Wars backdrop I want this!!!!

GF

Sr Member
A friend of mine fowarded me this photo, anybody knows anything about it, this was in Toronto, Canada ExpoFan I would love one!

GFollano

A friend of mine fowarded me this photo, anybody knows anything about it, this was in Toronto, Canada ExpoFan I would love one!

GFollano

That was part of the Official Lucasfilm booth. A company in San Francisco printed it for them.
Sorry I don't have anything else on this.

David

That was part of the Official Lucasfilm booth. A company in San Francisco printed it for them.
Sorry I don't have anything else on this.

David

Hey David thanks for the info!

Will you be attending Montreal Comicon Sept 17-18th?
Would love to see your stuff first hand.

GFollano

Good luck tracking it down Gerardo... unfortunately I can't offer any leads.

Just wanted to post, saying that it looks really convincing and impressive. Not sure if it's the perspective element of the Tantive IV corridor leading away from the viewer's eye, but I don't usually rate 2D printed backdrops like this - but this is a good 'un!
I can see why you're interested in getting your hands on it - would look awesome as a backdrop for lifesize Star Wars mannequins like Darth Vader or Stormtroopers etc. :thumbsup

Good luck with tracking it down :)

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

It looks like a photorealistic rendering and not like a set photo, so chances are good to get an image at good resolution from a talented 3D artist ;)

Like this one

2609_src_tantivecorridor1.jpg

from here: Sci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi Resource

Sounds like a job for our current 3d jockey SteveStarkiller and his Sketchup+Indigo-skills like in this thread: http://www.therpf.com/f11/screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-102451/index19.html

I wish I had the time...

Michael

That's very cool, I was considering offering backdrops on a smaller scale (most likely paper printed and block mounted) but would love to have a crack at something on a larger scale! I agree with Stormtrooper that 2D backdrops can sometimes be a bit jarring if the perspective is too forced etc. so think a CG approach would be the best bet.
I'm a digital environment artist for TV/Film so would feel comfortable that I could successfully recreate sets etc. at a high enough resolution and render quality and think it could be a great venture! I've been away from the RPF for a little while so feel a little rude barging in and asking questions but hopefully if we could get a reasonably priced solution out of it it would be okay?

I've had a look at some printing solutions like the fabric con banner, is this what you guys would prefer over something like a wall mural? Printing costs could be relatively similar however it looks like the frame for hanging/stretching a fabric banner could double the price. Sorry if this isn't the place for discussions like this but please feel free to PM me if anyone's interested :).

Scott

we have a similar one in our garrison for our "Blaster range" or photo op. We dealt with a gent within the Legion who printed. They are the cats meow for troops.

That's very cool, I was considering offering backdrops on a smaller scale (most likely paper printed and block mounted) but would love to have a crack at something on a larger scale! I agree with Stormtrooper that 2D backdrops can sometimes be a bit jarring if the perspective is too forced etc. so think a CG approach would be the best bet.
I'm a digital environment artist for TV/Film so would feel comfortable that I could successfully recreate sets etc. at a high enough resolution and render quality and think it could be a great venture! I've been away from the RPF for a little while so feel a little rude barging in and asking questions but hopefully if we could get a reasonably priced solution out of it it would be okay?

I've had a look at some printing solutions like the fabric con banner, is this what you guys would prefer over something like a wall mural? Printing costs could be relatively similar however it looks like the frame for hanging/stretching a fabric banner could double the price. Sorry if this isn't the place for discussions like this but please feel free to PM me if anyone's interested :).

Scott

Scott,

I would definetely be interested, it would be cool to print on something that can be framed or removeable, not permanent wall paper. would it be possible to custom print to fit the wall to exact size? Man I have so many ideas

GFollano

This is what it looks like..... however since this is from a gent in the 501st I'm not sure if this constitutes bad form posting here. If your interested I'll try to contact the person and see if this is something he's ok with? I just want to cover all my basis. We use this exact backdrop on our troops and I think it's fantastic!

cheers!

Klwl

Thanks for posting the photo, pretty nice perpective.

Would love one in a Star Destroyer enviroment with a view of the death Star threw one of the window port.

GFolalno

Bumping for the possibility of getting more info on backdrops.
I also would love to have one - or three... for my lifesize displays. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back