Screen Accurate Millennium Falcon Cockpit (CG Model)

here are some more views of the area

5512138181_5ea08f9d66_o.jpg

5512759890_3e20fb8f86_o.jpg

Shoot. I'm confused.... (I know. It doesn't take much sometimes.) ;)

Can you show us where this greeblie area is on the floor plans?

so, for a while now I've noticed that at the end of the corridor to the cockpit, on the outside wall opposite of the back panels of the cockpit, there were some greebles and junk. I've only seen it very very murkily, but I just saw this picture at STAR WARS AFICIONADO MAGAZINE

Han-Luke_congrats_large.jpg

man, so much went into this incredible set. I'm amazed the whole movie doesn't take place on the falcon. Just two short scenes, and that's it, done with a set that's detailed around corners that are never seen. Incidentally I think this very thing is what's made star wars so long lived.

It's a short and simple story, but it's so chalk full of detail we only half see that we're endlessly tantalized by the possibilities of the universe.

Ah! THANKS! So that pic of Ford And Hamill is being shot toward the cockpit and that greeblie is beside the doorway into the cockpit! I understand you now. WOW! Neat detail I NEVER noticed! :O And you can't see a trace if it from looking through that doorway from the cockpit either. Or can you?? I'll have to keep my eye open for it. :)

attachment.php

Last edited:
I think you might be right, treadwell.

Although, it should be said that the portion of wall in question pretty much can't be seen from any camera angle pointing into the cockpit, so it might be impossible to confirm.

Pretty cool. Now, can it be confirmed that this greeblie section is on only one side of the corridor, or both? :confused

doesn't seem too likely, I'm sad to say. all the pics I've seen, even behind the scenes ones like the one I posted, make sure not to show any more around the corner then just the edge of the cockpit doorway-- I guess so as not to show off that there's nothing on the other side of it, with the cockpit set being elsewhere.

if there are pictures though, man do I ever want to see them.

I think I'll probably just put it on the one side that we can see, since I've kept myself from designing theoretical areas without reference in this model. That said I'm going to have to do a lot of guessing due to the murkiness of the photos, so I'm not sure how accurate it will be.

Might be a while though, cranking out some other projects at the moment so I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from the falcon.

In other news, I got myself a copy of blender and I'll be trying to make that work. Not sure how easy or time consuming it is, but I've heard that blender has built in gaming engines, perhaps a navigable walthrough is not outside the realm of possibility? (although I wouldn't hold your breath, it might be way outside my abilities to actually do.) at the very least I think I'm going to try to make a fully rendered walkthrough, which I'll post on youtube.

Anyone familiar with the gaming portion of blender?

I was just thinking about this thread earlier as well, and hoping to see some new progress pics or just different angles. I need my Falcon fix!!! :)

alien257.jpg

Hey guys, I was just watching Alien with my girlfriend, and I noticed that the grating in a lot of
those set pieces seems to match the floor grating in the main hold of the millennium falcon (as well
as, if I'm not mistaken, the floor panels of the death star's detention block)

(arg, I'm having trouble finding the pictures I have of the main hold that show the comparison the
most clearly. )

Does anyone know what the material used might have been, or what the dimensions of the the
grating plates were?

in answer to your question, shaunsheep and company, nothing new right now, I've been insanely
busy, but I hope to return to work soon.

Welcome back SteveStarkiller. We've missed you in this thread. Great new render!
Hope you received my email and can get back to me when things are less hectic.

Cheers,

Chris

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back