STAR WARS ARCADE ATARI for preorder WOW!!!!!

I would be more excited if it had an actual xy monitor.

Still neat.
To reproduce a real xy cathode-ray tube wouldnt make any sense, they would have to sell the machine a ton of $$$ no to mention the crazy shipping cost, also the cabinet would need a reinforce internal structure to hold the weight of a real tube, might aswell make a full size replica, I would be all for it ;)

To reproduce a real xy cathode-ray tube wouldnt make any sense, they would have to sell the machine a ton of $$$ no to mention the crazy shipping cost, also the cabinet would need a reinforce internal structure to hold the weight of a real tube, might aswell make a full size replica, I would be all for it ;)

I'm actually being tongue in cheek saying I want an XY monitor. They were very problematic and some even prone to starting fires.

I have a sit down Star Trek game in my back room that would work if not for the dead monitor (which is part of why I wistfully pined in my earlier post). I'm at a point where I'm resigned to sticking an emulator in there so I can use a conventional monitor.

I ordered one of these, after the price dropped by $100 (post Christmas) at Walmart.com. It arrived yesterday afternoon and took about an hour to assemble (basic IKEA type of assembly).

The game plays exactly like the originals and is a lot of fun—except the ROTJ game is pretty aggravating (I had forgotten). I have “mad skills” at the Star Wars and Empire games—I fully expect Centauri to show up at my front door and demand that I join the Star League, at some point.

782AA346-C411-46EA-AD17-09A92548D495.jpeg

I decided (meaning, my wife decided and I agreed ;) ) to keep the game in my shop area in the basement.

43E8EF9A-558D-43D4-9ECE-6F6785071F92.jpeg

I plan on adding Asteroids and the Marvel Super Heroes arcade 1up cabinets as well. Fun stuff.

Last edited:
If you get the Asteroids try to find the Atari 12-in-1 Deluxe, it has a better assortment of games and places like Ross and TJ Maxx have that unit on clearance for less then $200.

You'll have to upgrade the spinner to the GRS version if you want to play Tempest

For the Marvel Cab I would jusy buy any horizontal discounted cab for $75 and mod it with either a Raspberry Pi or Pandoras Box 6 and that way you'll have all of the fighting games on a single cab

^ Ditto...

Also.. these (Star Wars ones at least?) are just RPi machines? (like a RetroPie install?)

Anyone got the TRON one yet? Rest of the games on that one do not interest me.. but the TRON one does.. (I hope its not the deadly disc one?)

^ Ditto...

Also.. these (Star Wars ones at least?) are just RPi machines? (like a RetroPie install?)

Anyone got the TRON one yet? Rest of the games on that one do not interest me.. but the TRON one does.. (I hope its not the deadly disc one?)

No, you have to mod them to get multiple games. Most of the cabs on y list are modded, the board I used in in the title block of the list.

Where are you finding these so cheap?

The Star Wars I got at the Navy Exchange in Norfolk and I found the $99 cabs at a Walmart in Washington which is about an hours drive for me.

I haven’t found any of the games anywhere for those crazy sale prices, and I’ve been looking for months.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back