STAR WARS ARCADE ATARI for preorder WOW!!!!!

GF

Sr Member
Preordered mine, I had both the upright and sitdown cockpit version in the 90's had to sell it when I move this is a dream come true!

GF

Sr Member
I would be more excited if it had an actual xy monitor.

Still neat.
To reproduce a real xy cathode-ray tube wouldnt make any sense, they would have to sell the machine a ton of $$$ no to mention the crazy shipping cost, also the cabinet would need a reinforce internal structure to hold the weight of a real tube, might aswell make a full size replica, I would be all for it ;)

kamandi

To reproduce a real xy cathode-ray tube wouldnt make any sense, they would have to sell the machine a ton of $$$ no to mention the crazy shipping cost, also the cabinet would need a reinforce internal structure to hold the weight of a real tube, might aswell make a full size replica, I would be all for it ;)
I'm actually being tongue in cheek saying I want an XY monitor. They were very problematic and some even prone to starting fires.

I have a sit down Star Trek game in my back room that would work if not for the dead monitor (which is part of why I wistfully pined in my earlier post). I'm at a point where I'm resigned to sticking an emulator in there so I can use a conventional monitor.