Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

Won't it rob the tension out of watching this knowing he will never die in the show? I mean the threat will be there but he'll likely come across invincible knowing he will survive the entire series only to die in Rogue One? I'll gladly skip this one.
Eh, I get the argument, I had people saying the same thing about Solo. I didn’t mind it then, just enjoyed it for what it was. Sure, there’s a difference in tone between Solo and presumably the Andor series, because Solo was more a fun heist, whereas Andor will probably be more about the stakes and tension, so you might be right.

With any luck, the Andor show will be like today’s episode of the Mandalorian rather than each member of Rebels introducing themselves one by one to Cassian Andor in a long series of “fan favorite cameos”.

Meaning... what? The actor is from Mexico, so he has an accent. I fail to see why that's comment worthy.
It's a joke from Redlettermedia. In their review of Rogue One, they found most of the characters to be bland and forgettable including him. They weren't making fun of his accent. They just found his accent to be the only memorable thing about him.

Last edited:
Rogue One is the best…fan film ever made. It’s not a real movie, just things you know. It has a big budget and great production design, music, etc., but…no characters. Not really a story. That’s actually why I’m excited for Andor—I’m hoping they can deliver what Rogue One doesn’t for me.

Pass for me as well. For me the best parts of Rogue one were Vader. Loved seeing him in action.
That's what made it memorable. If they really wanted to do something, do a series
and call it VADER. Have him going after and hunting down the remaining Jedi after the purge.
Show us why he was so feared thru-out the galaxy. K2SO was ok. Most everything else was kind of forgettable.
The Mandalorian is good. All these other series are just more green milk from the Disney space cow.
Give me Badass VADER please.

I wonder how long before they slip some parallel story for Jyn into this. They can't meet of course, but they're on a collision course to RO. They also love Saw Gerrera so maybe we'll see him at some point.

I wonder how long before they slip some parallel story for Jyn into this. They can't meet of course, but they're on a collision course to RO. They also love Saw Gerrera so maybe we'll see him at some point.
Did not like Saw. Really, really do not want “LIES! DECEPTION!” in this show.

I hope he’s in it. He offers an interesting perspective and could be a thorn in Cassian’s side that would give them good stories. If he served as an antagonist to the mainline Alliance cause it would be a unique dynamic.

As I recall, the whole RO cast was signed for two flicks. Having them pop up here could resolve those deals, if they didn't already do that.

Yes, we might finally get something more akin to the original vision for Rogue One instead of the exec-groped first 45 minutes of nonsensical, rehashed in the edit tedium we got.

Yes, we might finally get something more akin to the original vision for Rogue One instead of the exec-groped first 45 minutes of nonsensical, rehashed in the edit tedium we got.
I thought it was mainly the ending that was reshot…although the problem really is the first half. If the first half had done a good job setting up characters we liked rather than introducing cardboard cutout after cardboard cutout, the ending would be more than just well-shot action with good VFX. I really think a big part of the problem was just too many characters, as well as a protagonist that has no choice and makes no choice.

Looks like a lot of this is being filmed in the UK
Coryton refinery is just round the corner from me

Here are a few pics of the new Rogue One series on Disney+ with Diego Luna.
Shooting in U.K.
1620391513758.png

1620391547089.png

1620391587627.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back