Star Wars 1313 - LET THE RAMPANT SPECULATION BEGIN!!!!!

Saw that the next E3 we may see a new Star Wars game... Yes it very well may be 1313. ;)

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Maybe they mean Battlefront 3?

I wouldn't count on either being the game. I'd bet it'll be something oriented around the Rebels TV show, actually, since that'd fit with the broad-spectrum media blitz approach they appear to be taking with that show.

Honestly, if you read the behind-the-scenes stuff on 1313...it's dead. Same with Battlefront 3. These games were mismanaged by LucasArts and Lucas himself, to the point where I wouldn't trust them to be good games, actually, even if someone tried to resurrect them.

Don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE to play a game as a bounty hunter or smuggler, but while the artwork is pretty in still pictures, I kinda doubt 1313 was gonna be a good game. It's development just seems so haphazard that I find it hard to believe it would've been any good.

No there is a new Battlefront, it's been announced previously though. They are supposed to have some new info or footage there. Bioware was mentioned having a new SW game, so I'm hoping KOTOR3.

What I'd like to see is either another shooter like Dark Forces or another flight sim in the tradition of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, I think it would be pretty fun to pilot a PT gunship.

Nope, Battlefront 3 is being developed right now, right here in Sweden :D DICE :)
Hopefully they will get the time they need and not rushed like the atrocity Battlefield 4 :facepalm

I didn't know DICE was working on Battlefront 3. That's kinda surprising, actually. I didn't play Battlefield 4, but I played plenty of Battlefield 3. Good game, but lots of flaws, and DICE's support for their games has been...uninspiring to say the least (e.g., allowing bugs to persist for ages before FINALLY releasing a patch that fixes it).

What I'd like to see is either another shooter like Dark Forces or another flight sim in the tradition of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, I think it would be pretty fun to pilot a PT gunship.

I'd like to see a hybrid of the two, called "Han Solo: The Game." :)

I didn't know DICE was working on Battlefront 3. That's kinda surprising, actually. I didn't play Battlefield 4, but I played plenty of Battlefield 3. Good game, but lots of flaws, and DICE's support for their games has been...uninspiring to say the least (e.g., allowing bugs to persist for ages before FINALLY releasing a patch that fixes it).

You know.. I have witnessed this trend, where a certain publisher buys a lot of great developers and turn them into...... well utter crap honestly. Oh yeah they're called EA. I saw the first trailer for Battlefield 4 and all I saw was a good looking Call of Duty clone. Horrific. I said no way I'm supporting that. Turns out Battlefield 4 has been unplayable for most people. So when it comes to EA/DICE's Battlefront, I personally am not expecting anything but crap :(

I'd expect it to be about grinding, upgrades, and unlocks, rather than, you know, a solid game that's fun to play BECAUSE IT'S FUN TO PLAY, not because you're playing the meta-game of unlocking crap. A game, instead of a Skinner box.

I played BF3 since it launched for about two years and BF4 since the beginning of Dec. I rarely have experienced any problems. The biggest problems were sometimes you shot someone and it didn't register. That was fixed. The biggest one now is lag in the newest DLC maps. I think, like most games, people who are having a lot of problems are using low end or off brand hardware. I always used name brand stuff and have less problems. Hopefully DICE, if it's their fault and not EA, will have learned their lesson with BF4. A lot of these problems are due to the publishers wanting something pushed out the door at a certain date whether it's ready or not. I still have had a lot of fun with both.

As far as grinding, depending on how long you have to play and how good you are, it isn't that hard. I think I've played maybe two hours a night and unlocked all BF4 weapons in about a month. I'd say I'm above average, but not a pro. They also sell shortcut kits that unlock a group of weapons now for people who don't have the time.

A lot of the problems with BF are happening on the consoles, so it doesn't really have much to do with hardware, at least not on the client side. EA's screwed the pooch on that game since the beginning, and IMO, it's a good example of a franchise that they don't really care much about, as long as they get big week-one sales. So I'm not putting any faith in any EA game for a while, until the reviews come out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back