Star Wars 1313 - LET THE RAMPANT SPECULATION BEGIN!!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Timmythekid, May 8, 2012.

1. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

Sooooo.....what is it exactly? The trademark filing suggests a video game, but also seems to suggest a MASSIVE multimedia campaign - books, games, movies...you name it. Now, that's likely just covering all possible bases, but what fun to speculate. CT-1313 apparently was a codename used by Boba in one of the crappy EU things. One thing is for sure, they haven't had a massive coordinated campaign for anything since Force Unleashed and are about due. Thoughts?

2. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

what is Force Unleashed?

3. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

That was the massive game release LA had, which the whole company in one way or another was involved with - there were novelizations, comics, toys, online stuff....much like the hoopla over Shadows of the Empire if you remember that circus.

4. justinbauler

justinbauler Well-Known Member

I really hope its another force unleashed game. there hasnt been any news though about one being developed. A movie is doubtful though since that idiot george lucas said he is done filming any star wars films

5. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I'm thinking it's a release date from an unspecified month in 2013.

6. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

Jan 3, 2013 if it's a date. Wasn't one iteration of the live action show supposed to be centered around Boba? That'd be another possibility. I'd say there's not enough to go on to come up with any other conclusions yet.

7. The BDK

The BDK Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

All I'll say is hopefully its something a lot better than the stuff we've seen lately...

My monies on another crappy video game centered on Jedi-God mode play.

8. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

If it's not an XWing VS. Tie Fighter remake, I'll pass.

9. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

It's either a new game or maybe another spin-off TV series.

10. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

Yes, you're probably right - 13/13, so Smarch 2013. Lousy Smarch weather....:darnkids

11. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

Yeah, but there's absolutely no way the live show is ever going to get made so I think that's out.

12. Warpaint

Warpaint Active Member

Maybe it is the Phantom Menace Re-Re-Release IMAX 3D Reboot Super Secret Special Edition Edition Episode 1-A. Now with more lightsaber!

13. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

fixed that for you

14. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

15. Warpaint

Warpaint Active Member

Fixed for us.

16. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Yeah. Probably. Like how in ESB Yoda, with all his experience with the Force makes some signifcant effort to lift an Xwing out of the swamp like 50 feet from him.

And in one of these lame, power inflated games, a guy pulls a Star Destroyer down from orbit between killing some guys. :rolleyes

17. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I speculate that it could be a CGI-animated "movie" that ends the animated Clone Wars TV-series? From the beginning of the TV-series, people have speculated that Asohka has to die when the series ends, and this would be it.

18. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

1313 can reference only one thing...

1313 Mockingbird Lane

Clearly it's going to be a mashup of SW and The Munsters.

19. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

Bazinga!!!

20. batmann539

batmann539 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I really hope it has something to do with Boba... I'll take another Force Unleashed addition as well.

Sean

21. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

Meh...apparently a HUMUNGOUS announcement regarding a brand new videogame franchise is coming on the 31st, more than likely what it is. Thhhpppt.

22. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

See micdavis' earlier comment.

Unless, of course, it's a hybrid RPG offering a choice between first and over-the-shoulder view with as robust a flight/space combat sim side to it, featuring a main character who is a smuggler and deals with the Star Wars underworld throughout the game. Then I'll be interested. :)

23. jlee562

jlee562 Sr Member

Star Wars Video Game Series Announcement of the Day - TDW Geeks

According to Spike TV’s Geoff Keighley, LucasArts is preparing to launch yet another game based on its flagship franchise, and it’s going to be a doozy.

“I am blown away by both the caliber of the team on this project and their bold vision for this new Star Wars title,” Keighley said. “I can’t wait to introduce our viewers to this game and show off the footage that left my jaw on the floor when I first saw it.”

Pretty vague stuff still....

24. Sluis Van Shipyards

I'm prepared for a Clone Wars game, not anything cool.

25. Jm419

Jm419 Sr Member

Hmm. Flagship franchise? What on earth could that be?

I sure hope it's not another Kinect Clone Wars POS. And if it's yet another TFU game, I'd pass for sure.

Now, Battlefront 3... that I'd buy in a heartbeat. Or KotOR III, but that seems unlikely at best.

26. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

I would KILL for a modern day remake of this!!!

27. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Probably just more Jedi crap.

28. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Sr Member

Given that the cast is for the most part still alive and working, it would be cool to get a decent, modern game based on the original 3 Star Wars films.
    Which won't happen, I know.

29. Fishbowl

Fishbowl Well-Known Member

Well E3 starts week Tuesday, so the likelihood is you'll only have a wait another week to find out :p

30. Stormleader

Stormleader Well-Known Member

I'm expecting Battlefront 3. With the success of CoD and Battlefield they'd be nuts not to. They're overdue.

It would be pretty awesome if it were based on Battlefield 3.

But I would also be insanely happy with a re-boot of X-wing Vs TIE Fighter.

31. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

a rpg based on jarjar obviously!

its gonna be an mmo, with the only playable characters are gungans, and your main focus is to impersonate jarjar as good as possible

32. Sluis Van Shipyards

"Flagship franchise" means Star Wars as in Lucasfilm's flagship franchise. Not LucasArts' flagship franchise, of which they don't have any anymore.

33. Bothan Jedi

Bothan Jedi Well-Known Member

Today there was a blog from SW.com pointing to a SpikeTV article with a bit more details. Nothing about witch partner in the main text, but in the footer it mentions various copyrights, one of which was Lego, so that's my guess, a new Lego SW game.

Spike TV Launches Into Hyperspace With The World Premire Of The Next Big

[edit] checking again tonite, the Lego part is now gone. Maybe it was a mistake or pulled for obvious reasons.

34. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Another Lego Star Wars game? Seriously? THAT'S the big news?

35. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

All day for the last 2 days has be SW movies with a scroll along the bottom advertising them premiering news about the next big game.

36. cboath

cboath Master Member

No one can keep secrets these days, yet this seems like it'll last til the official announcement.

A lego game isn't worth a big announcement.

You'd think if they're typing it to E4-6 on spike though, that it'd have to do with the OT and not the PT or clone wars....

37. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Don't hold your breath. These days the OT stuff is pretty much dead outside of MAYBE a Battlefront game, but those were pretty lame.

38. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Sr Member

I love the Battlefront games, but I agree, it's not going to be the OT, especially with the "fresh new vision" or whatever the verbiage is. Sounds more like an RPG type title to me, although that's based on nothing.

39. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There is speculation that the game would be starring Boba Fett. The reason is that Boba Fett used the alias "CT - 1313" in the novel “Boba Fett: Maze of Deception”.
    Source: New Star Wars Game to Be Announced at E3 2012

40. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

Well, Anthony Daniels just posted this on Twitter..."@ADaniels3PO: 3 years drama school, 40 years in the business & I end up a VO in the latest Star Wars Lego production! Who's a lucky droid then! LOL a lot!"
    So, I guess that Lego rumor could remain a possibility.

41. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Sr Member

Ugh. Sorry to be negative but I can't stand the Lego games. I know they're aimed at kids but the joke wears off in under a minute.

42. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

There's no way anyone would claim that a Lego Star Wars game made their jaw drop.... :eek

43. Sluis Van Shipyards

The LEGO SW games are very fun to play with kids, I don't know why everyone knocks them. I don't see a big announcement for those because it's probably a sure thing that they will make more. This is a Force Unleashed kind of announcement. If it's not a new X-Wing/TIE Fighter, Republic Commando 2, or a Dark Forces game I will be underwhelmed.

44. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I have no doubt they're doing another lego game but the way Spike was hyping it as something massive I figure it is something they hope to do well. I know the bioware online SW game isn't doing well.

45. Jm419

Jm419 Sr Member

Geez, I hope it's not Lego. What else could they even do for the Lego games? They did PT. They did OT. Then they did both. Then they did CW. I mean, honestly, what's left?

TFU II was awful, so I'm hoping that line's dead.

Battlefront, Republic Commando, or an X-Wing game would be fantastic. Other than that...

46. Jm419

Jm419 Sr Member

TOR isn't successful? That's interesting... they way over-publicized that one for like two years beforehand.

47. Solo4114

Solo4114 Master Member

Star Wars Kinect II: Electric Jedi Boogaloo!! Yaaaay!!!!

48. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

Don`t think it`s Lego...we already know there`s another Lego short feature film similar to the Padawan Menace nearing release, so I`m guessing that`s the Lego reference.
    BF3É I`d be surprised, although it`s the only thing I`d actually be looking forward to. The current management at LA killed a basically ready for release BF3, and they`d look like idiots if they then turn around and sink a ton of the company`s money into the same game.
    My money is on something TFU-like sadly.

49. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

If it is BF3, I'll be thrilled. If it's TFU3, I'll likely pick it up. Unless it's some form of FPS, or a new TFU, I'll probably pass. My attention span doesn't hold for most games.

50. sgtsparky22

sgtsparky22 Member

I'm just hoping if it's a new The Force Unleashed game it lasts longer than the last one. TFU2 was just too short, even though I liked the story and ending.