Star Trek T.O.S. Bridge Build 1:10 Scale

Re: T.O.S. Enterprise Bridge Build 1/10th Scale

Any updates? I just picked up a couple packages of sheet styrene and would love to see some more inspiration before I attempt this myself. ;)

Hi, Progrocker :) I haven't forgotten about it, I have just been a little tied up building the eagle transporter. I am hoping to get back to this soon, though and get Spock's station finished and illuminated. That's great news that you bought some styrene sheet and I can't wait to see you start. I thought you did a great job on the chair, given the materials at your disposal...:)

I can't wait to see more updates as well. The build is looking fantastic. This thread and the one by Glorbes are what gave me the kick in the pants I needed to get off my butt and resurrect my 1:18 scale bridge build. And for that I say thank you.

I've enjoyed reading this thread and I'm looking forward to more.

I am hoping to do a little on it in the coming week, fingers crossed!

I can't wait to see more updates as well. The build is looking fantastic. This thread and the one by Glorbes are what gave me the kick in the pants I needed to get off my butt and resurrect my 1:18 scale bridge build. And for that I say thank you.

Is that the AMT kit by any chance?

This is pretty cool Darren.

Thanks, Ray! Much appreciated!

Is that the AMT kit by any chance?

It's a scratch build actually. A few years ago when I got the Galaxy class JJ Trek figs from playmates I got the idea to make a TOS bridge for them. I started in on it but only got as far as Kirk's chair when other projects came up and it got abandoned. Seeing the awesome work you've been doing rekindled my interest in finishing the project. I've started a progress thread for the build.

I just found your thread! Blooming AWESOME!!! I gave it a big fat five star rating!

Re: Star Trek T.O.S. Enterprise Bridge Build 1/10th Scale

Okay, I am ripping out the banks of monitors (8 per station) for a third time because I now believe that I can animate them, as in make them blink on and off just like the real bridge!
I personally think that the extra work is well worth the result and I believe that I can do it. :happy

Okay, I am ripping out the banks of monitors (8 per station) for a third time because I now believe that I can animate them, as in make them blink on and off just like the real bridge!
I personally think that the extra work is well worth the result and I believe that I can do it. :happy

I will happily... no ecstatically take your cast-offs! I would even pay the postage ;) No seriously, I totally would. I'm still not sure how I'll do the monitors, I won't be lighting them right away, but would like to have it set to go without much work at some point.

Btw, you should be seeing some real results soonish from me on this. I have most of my pieces of styrene for the command chair measured and cut, and am working on the communications console and the helm as well. If it wasn't for your inspiration, I would have never had the nerve to try it. I've been looking trying to find some good nail gems too to try to get that look on the easy and cheap (both equally important to me lol )

I remember when I bought AMT kit over 30 years ago.
It was expensive imported kit. I ripped off the shrink rap and open the box.
Then, soon I found the decal of all the console panels is missing.:cry
I wrote the letter to AMT US to ask them to send me one. I had been waiting for the reply to come for months but none. :facepalmThen I gave up waiting and started to drew all the pics in a screens and data and switches with a thin brush. It took weeks.
When I finished, the decal arrived:lol

BTW, any new pics? :D

Hi everyone! I am very sorry for my absence. I have had a heavy workload and a little ill heath but all is "good in the 'hood" :)

Thank you for your amazing comments and support and I am happy to repay them, finally, with an update!
I have managed to construct the main structure of the turbolift entrance. It is strange, but since my good friend LMFAOSchwarz introduced me to the wonders of styrene, The level of "clean building" that can be achieved, never ceases to amaze me. It also means take a lot longer to get right, such as filling and sanding joints etc, but that is fine with me because the end results are stupendous compared to working with card, which cannot be sanded....
Anyway, here are the pics of the construction:
d40e4b07-e8d6-421a-b447-c45385b2bd6c_zps2afea9d5.jpg

20130531_204821_zpsaf445868.jpg

20130531_231314_zpse7cc030c.jpg

20130601_000129_zps3e2f825b.jpg

20130615_222757_zpsf56e014f.jpg

I have also constructed the overhead lighting panel but no pics of that yet!
Thanks for looking in and best wishes to you all! :)

Attachments

• d40e4b07-e8d6-421a-b447-c45385b2bd6c_zps2afea9d5.jpg
    d40e4b07-e8d6-421a-b447-c45385b2bd6c_zps2afea9d5.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20130530_150415_zpsa1f001b5.jpg
    20130530_150415_zpsa1f001b5.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 20130530_215813_zps89fbcd8e.jpg
    20130530_215813_zps89fbcd8e.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 20130530_225837_zps0f6a89d4.jpg
    20130530_225837_zps0f6a89d4.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 20130531_204821_zpsaf445868.jpg
    20130531_204821_zpsaf445868.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 20130531_231314_zpse7cc030c.jpg
    20130531_231314_zpse7cc030c.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 20130531_204903_zps50ea9855.jpg
    20130531_204903_zps50ea9855.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

And a pretty good trade it was: I introduce you to styrene, and you motivate me to get building again! :cool
Boy, I'd forgotten how good this bridge looked! Glad to see you still at it! With time and circumstances conspiring against my Eagle build...seeing this really makes me want to get back at it! :p

Your comments about the extra effort take me back to my earliest styrene experiences. All the amazing shapes, gently curved contours...I remember being stunned at what was now possible, looking at something and thinking, "Wow, did I actually build that?!" The memories are as warm to me as thinking back to the first time was in love or something! :love

Last edited:

:lol that's exactly IT!!!

Styrene just makes you WANT to take more time because its properties allow you to see just what is possible with a little extra effort....
Thanks for the great comments, Bob!

:lol that's exactly IT!!!

Styrene just makes you WANT to take more time because its properties allow you to see just what is possible with a little extra effort....
Thanks for the great comments, Bob!

Thanks for the great work! Frankly, it'd be just as entertaining (in an amusing way, I'm never beyond a good laugh!)) to see you fumble ineptly, but yours is far from that humorous scenario! That is nice work! :thumbsup

Believe me, Mate, there are still MASSIVE opportunities to bugger this build up!!! I still have to sort the lighting out and install it, as well as build the rest of the bridge, including the turbolift interior and the sliding doors!
Plus the fact that I have decided to remove the backsplash screens (8 per station,) and install actual blinking lights that imitate the TV series...

You'd better get some more styrene soon, mate: I can't wait 'till you work downwards to deck 2! :popcorn

LOL!!!!!! They can just beam me there, and I will just imagine the bits inbetween!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back