Star Trek T.O.S. Bridge Build 1:10 Scale

Re: T.O.S. Enterprise Bridge Build 1/10th Scale

Many thanks, Guys! All comments are appreciated, as always! :)

A little progress made.
I have managed to pretty much bash out Spock's station. lots to still do though, such as the bottom front edge of the walkway, paint the inside of the carcass with two coats of black, install lights etc... but at least I think its going in the right direction...

Untitled-36.jpg
Untitled-23.jpg

Untitled-45.jpg

Untitled-46.jpg

Untitled-39.jpg

Untitled-43.jpg

I started experimenting a little with the best way to illuminate Spock's Sensor Shroud. I am thinking, at this stage, it will be underlit through blue acetate, and the inside of the sensor shroud will be covered in foil backed card. That should maximise the light and give a nice blue glow on the ceiling above his station.
Untitled-47.jpg

As I said, no amazing progress as such but I thought I would just keep you in the loop as to where I am.
Thank you for looking in :)
More, soon hopefully!

Last edited:

I estimate, in the region of 32 to 35 inches thereabouts. I am just on route to see my Dad to check the wiring before my first connection to a mains 12v supply. So far, I have been running it off of a 9v battery...

Just one word springs to mind "That is bloody amazing!"

Okay, that`s four words.... ;)

P.S.
Don't stop until the whole bridge is done. Then I recommend going on and doing the entire "teardrop section". Including the exterior hull...

How awesome would that be?

Don't stop until the whole bridge is done. Then I recommend going on and doing the entire "teardrop section". Including the exterior hull...

How awesome would that be?

Yeah! That would make a nice bookend for the lift platform for your Eagle transporter that you're going to build! :lol

Talking of bridges, has anyone heard that Polar Lights are bringing out a TOS bridge this summer and it will be 360 degrees and able to be modified for lighting?

I haven't heard that personally but sounds interesting. Is there any talk of possible scales yet?

Nothing that I've heard. Although it is supposed to be a re-issue of the original AMT set. So probably the same scale as that?

Wasn't that 1/32 or 1/35?

That's a shame. That kit has so many inaccuracies, it's just untrue. The most glaring one is the fact that all the overhead screens with the blue surrounds are doubles instead of just the first two stations to the left of the turbo lift...if I had the money to invest, I would kit this at 1/10th scale and allow for lights etc. but the cost of casting and molding materials put that way out of my reach. :unsure

I suppose the real question is, would there even be a market for such a thing at that scale...?

Knowing Polar Lights, they may take a lot of the inaccuracies out. Their 1/350 TOS Enterprise is a dream by all accounts.

I reckon a lot of people would like an accurate TOS bridge at 1/10! :)

I'm intrigued, how much do you think it would cost to make up a casting for a complete 1/10 scale TOS bridge?

I imagine it would probably be around £150 - £200 thereabouts. There are a lot of pieces to mold, and each station (there are ten) is different. Not only the console layouts but the row of back screens are different sizes on each station, too. I readily admit that, ultimately,I have absolutely no idea, as I have no experience of molding at all. What materials to cast with, what materials to mold with...
Something else I would love to master. :unsure

Funnily enough, Katsu-San I just downloaded a TON of reference pictures on that very subject! :lol

After the Eagle, and after the Bridge, oh....and the 1/10th scale Galileo shuttle Maybe then.....if my wife hasn't killed me.......ahem

Woow, it's the good news. (I mean not about a crisis of your life).
I think I'm good to be the recipient of your life insurance. Ah.. just in case.:lol

You are marvelous builder!!

katsu

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back