Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Fwiw, Hemmer is quickly becoming my favorite crew member. Something about smart and grumpy really resonates with me.

Smart and grumpy is good, but I'm not a fan of disrespecting the chain of command. The way he was dismissive of Number One and the CMO felt off, especially for someone of such a rank in Starfleet. And that was BEFORE he was infected.

Star Trek: Strange New Hair is batting about .500 right now. The first episode was very good, the second was trash, the third one was halfway good. So 1 1/2 out of 3. Still no word on whether Pike will ever get that damn cat off his head. Or whether Ortegas will ever get a real hairstyle instead of… whatever the hell that is. Maybe she can move her eyebrows back over her ears.
E5AC586F-CDAD-4FF6-A984-F632A1E0BF24.jpeg
6DEF70FE-219A-48F8-BC89-C4AC5EB37E30.jpeg

Star Trek: Strange New Hair is batting about .500 right now. The first episode was very good, the second was trash, the third one was halfway good. So 1 1/2 out of 3. Still no word on whether Pike will ever get that damn cat off his head. Or whether Ortegas will ever get a real hairstyle instead of… whatever the hell that is. Maybe she can move her eyebrows back over her ears.View attachment 1577898View attachment 1577897

I chuckled during the scene when Pike and Spock were caught outdoors during the ion storm and his hair DIDN'T MOVE.

Last edited:
Star Trek: Strange New Hair is batting about .500 right now. The first episode was very good, the second was trash, the third one was halfway good. So 1 1/2 out of 3. Still no word on whether Pike will ever get that damn cat off his head. Or whether Ortegas will ever get a real hairstyle instead of… whatever the hell that is. Maybe she can move her eyebrows back over her ears.View attachment 1577898View attachment 1577897
Yeah, I guess I’m just befuddled by the severe haircuts of Nu-Trek. I think the “trauma” of these characters must be that they all have the same barber.

ECB7156B-3076-415B-9123-550BAD199CED.jpeg

FCDDC9D0-1C1D-421B-A71A-664E03E52B2A.jpeg
3E25377E-7469-4961-9098-9D4B4DC817C2.jpeg

I dunno…maybe I’m just looking at things through an older lens.

I guess if they were to make Star Trek: The Motion Picture, today, this is the point where they would have called Ilia’s haircut “done” and “ready for the cameras”…

2E25BD55-72C8-49F8-8A74-355D2528B672.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess I’m just befuddled by the severe haircuts of Nu-Trek. I think the “trauma” of these characters must be that they all have the same barber.

View attachment 1577966
View attachment 1577963View attachment 1577964

I dunno…

I guess if they were to make Star Trek: The Motion Picture, today, this is the point where they would have called Ilia’s haircut as “ready for the cameras…

View attachment 1577965
I am just impressed (and jealous much) by the styles…saw someone while walking past a quick service restaurant this morning sporting a mowhawk…all I could think of was trek on my way back from errands

I think beehives, mop tops, and bowl cuts look equally ridiculous. Just depends on what era you were born in.
Well, all good and well; however…

Those are haircuts that were considered “good” in their contemporary time. Even the mullet was considered attractive around the time of Roadhouse…

E4FF5A95-7D6B-4C35-8ACC-B57133DA704B.jpeg

35EF5345-FFCA-4CB2-898A-C37D53BA671B.jpeg

I suppose the severe haircuts of Nu-Trek are the contemporary mullets of our day.

Well, all good and well; however…

Those are haircuts that were considered “good” in their contemporary time. Even the mullet was considered attractive around the time of Roadhouse…

I suppose the severe haircuts of Nu-Trek are the contemporary mullets of our day.

Undercuts and side cuts saw a resurgence in the early 2000's and are only just waning now. But they date back to the Vikings and have seen their popularity rise and fall like any other trend since. One day all the kids will have mop tops again, and I'll be on my law with a side cut scoffing at them I imagine.

Last edited:
I assume it’s the first picture but I honestly don’t know. That looks like a dilithium intermix chamber.

View attachment 1577995

The second picture may be of Scotty’s famous “bairns”?

View attachment 1577996
View attachment 1577994

It sure looks “purty” though. Amazing work.

I wouldn't recognize any of that as supposed to be being Star Trek outside of being told so. Let alone anything on a constitution class even to modernized aesthetics. Very busy looking, Trek never got that complicated in their sets. I guess it's better than a beer distillery or whatever mess JJ did.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back