Star Trek: Picard

Wow, that looks dumb.
Where do they get these people that write this rubbish? Why don't I have a job in Hollywood making 6 figures writing rubbish? Clearly talent and creativity aren't prerequisites for the job.

This show's premise was a no-brainer from the start: Picard, retired starship captain, cruising around the galaxy pursuing his passion for archaeology. Hijinks ensue.

How did they screw this up so badly?

I simply can't listen to RedLetterMedia. Can't they get someone who hasn't had a major stroke to narrate?

That doesn't bother me so much as they keep getting wheeled out as justification for someone's opinions on why something is bad or not as well done as it should have been. The constant negativity is a real turn off, so I don't watch their channel at all. I suppose, at some point, they must have critiqued a thing that they liked, but I don't know what it would have been.

That doesn't bother me so much as they keep getting wheeled out as justification for someone's opinions on why something is bad or not as well done as it should have been. The constant negativity is a real turn off, so I don't watch their channel at all. I suppose, at some point, they must have critiqued a thing that they liked, but I don't know what it would have been.
Not justification, validation.
Someone out there agrees with me that everything is stupid. Makes me feel understood and less alone in the world.

Not justification, validation.
Someone out there agrees with me that everything is stupid. Makes me feel understood and less alone in the world.
Semantics, from my point of view. I'm glad they make you feel good about not liking things, I guess.
(Genuinely no offense meant, you do you, these are just my feelings on that channel)

I still haven't seen them like anything, and when someone(s) tend to dislike everything they talk about it
1 - lowers my estimation of the value of their critique
and
2 - reduces the likelihood that I will continue watching their critique.

Last edited:
In terms of Star Trek, and because the question was asked, here are some things that Red Letter Media has “liked”…

I find their observations to be fair and on-point.

Rather than discounting the message, I recommend actually considering the points being made that are critical of Picard.

If they are wrong, prove it.

Last edited:
In terms of Star Trek, and because the question was asked, here are some things that Red Letter Media has “liked”…

I find their observations to be fair and on-point.

Rather discounting the message, I recommend actually considering the points being made that are critical of Picard.

If they are wrong, prove it.
I don't have time to go through all that, but from the skipping around I did those actually aren't bad. More like retrospectives with bits of behind the scenes trivia than actual reviews though.

Can we make some Picard season 2 predictions?

1) Since Jean-Luc is just a copy of his mind imbedded in an advanced android body at this point, it isn't really "him" So, I see Q giving Picard his original body back and making him a "real" boy, Pinocchio style.

2) The alternate future we see in the trailer does eventually get reset to the prime timeline we know (although it would take balls of steel to permanently make it the Mirror Universe, and I would applaud the guts for doing so)

3) Another being from the Q "godhead" will be seen (after all, they were in The Next Generation)

4) We will see at least one of The Next Generation cast make a cameo, but as their alternate timeline self

5) One of the crew will be "assimilated"

6) The captured Borg Queen seen in the trailer will escape... OR.... will be replaced by one of the current female crew

7) One of the crew will sacrifice themselves to save the others (possibly related to #6 above)

8) The Kirk Star Trek era will be referenced

9) Current day political issues will be condescendingly referenced

I'll be honest I couldn't sit through a single episode of Picard, it was that bad. Since I hold TNG as the best Trek I've seen (yes better than TOS) it was especially awkward to see it brought back as some weird doppelganger of the Trek universe.
However I did thoroughly enjoy watching the RLM breakdowns of each episode, I'm not a fan of their skit material (easy enough to skip) but I find their insights into film making fascinating and well thought out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back