Star Trek Picard Season Two Badges

Iguanaman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been looking for a screen accurate Star Trek Picard Season Two badge but most of the ones online don't seem to be correct.

PicardBadgeSeason2_1.JPG
PicardBadgeSeason2.JPG

These screen captures from the recent espisode (around 17:38 or so) show the badge fairly well. I can see a gold? u-shaped thing going up the center and a gold bar across the u-shaped piece near the bottom. The gold u-shaped piece seems to be raised. The bar running across seems to be arched? It looks like it isn't flat but maybe an illusion from those shots? I want to try and create one in Fusion 360 that is accurate as possible. Does anyone have better shots than I am using or know more about the prop?

Good idea! I didn't create the "stripe" yet (cross piece at the bottom to designate rank?)
I never can get the symmetry perfect but I'm not sure if the badges are truely symmetical or slightly asymmetric.
I wish I had a better reference photo from straight on. (and no fingers in the way!)

Ep7 45:14 has a clear-ish shot of Picard's badge. You could well be right about the rank as his has 4 stripes. I seem to remember there was a clear shot of Rios' badge in the episode where ICE raid the clinic?

20220426_195722.jpg

Finally got the model as close as I can get. The center section (u-shaped pin with x number of cross pieces) is completely separate so it can be painted with metallic gold and the main badge with chrome. Now I just need to find the best paints for the job. I will throw it up on printables.com and thingiverse if anyone wants to mess with it. The back part is above my skill level.

20220427_163105.jpg

Should have sanded or printed in ABS and used an acetone vapor finish but I was curious to see what it would look like with a metallic paint job.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back