Star Trek Original Series Question

saberdance

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the chairs on the Original Series Enterprise. You know the blue/gray swivel chairs everyone except Kirk uses? Were they made by the studio or were they pre-existing? Anyone make replicas or do they ever come up on ebay. Any info including estimated going rate greatly appreciated
Cheers.

Someone will chime in with the actual name, but these were maufactured chairs from the 60's. There is some modification neccessary (like the triangles on the back) but easily modified. The pop up on eBay from time to time and yes, they are pricey. :eek

They are known as "Burke" chairs. As mentioned above the triangle patterns on the back were added as well as the leather high back.

And yes, they are pricey.

Arthur

Hi everyone. Now I have my Burke chair all painted up and have got the triangles on the back. Now I need to get hold of/make the cushion and back extension. Any advice where to start?

Thanks!

Cool! I love that you stuck with it and got one.
There are the discussions on Trek specific boards, and you might also ask the folks who have made these for the fan films, there seem to be a lot of those and they all appear to have the correct chairs or casts of them.

A friend of mine got one, but it has the round base, so I am looking for someone to cast a base for him.
I'll let you know if I see any good tips on making the back.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back