Star Trek: Lower Decks

This season has been firing on all cylinders. Today's episode, following the lower deckers on the Cerritos, A Vulcan Ship, and A Klingon Ship, with the stories intersecting at the end was top tier Star Trek.

This season has been firing on all cylinders. Today's episode, following the lower deckers on the Cerritos, A Vulcan Ship, and A Klingon Ship, with the stories intersecting at the end was top tier Star Trek.
This latest episode was great. I like the nods to ST V, seeing Vulcan and Klingon lower deckers, and that Hornersque music during the big battle. But I think the best part was the end credit scene where we get a look at one more group of lower deckers.

So, what did you all think of the season 2 finale? I thought that this was the best episode to date, there have been some very Trek-like episodes so far, but this has easily been the most Trek-like of all episodes and done in half the time a normal Trek episode.

The nods/Easer Eggs weren't as numerous this episode but what there was, was done very well. We got to see a character from TNG make an appearance and voiced by the actress who played her on TNG too. Lots of different Starfleet ships, most prominently a couple of Excelsior class ships. The best part was finally seeing a part of a Federation starship that long time fans know exists but has never been shown on screen until now.

The best part was finally seeing a part of a Federation starship that long time fans know exists but has never been shown on screen until now.

Did they finally show the restroom on a starship? I thought that everyone on a starship simply wore a pair of disposable NASA diapers.

5ED714DC-2492-4E16-BC94-6CA43E6A03B2.jpeg

The Archimedes is an Obena Class ship, part of the Excelsior school, but newly designed. It's larger with Sovereign style nacelles and an elongated saucer section.

Great episode and great cliffhanger.

That episode was actually quite good, it's just that that particular scene is always taken out of context and used to bash the show. The scene shown was only one small part of the episode and was part of a simulation that was simulating the Naked Now situation in TNG which was, in turn, a copy of a TOS episode. It was definitely raunchier than how it was portrayed in TNG & TOS but the overall theme was the same. And, as I said in the beginning, it was only a small part of the episode and was a (holodeck) simulation that was a means of testing and evaluating the crew of the Cerritos.

If you haven't watched, I'd definitely recommend watching and deciding for yourself and ignore the haters. Yes, it's a comedic take on Treak and can be somewhat irreverent, but at its heart it's, in my opinion, every bit as good as any Trek since Enterprise went off the air. It doesn't try to retcon or ignore previous canon but embraces it and acknowledges it. It even does something that no other Trek show or movie has done and that's make reference The Animated Series. Planets and aliens seen on TAS show up on Lower Decks. We see Klikngons, Boleans, Andorans, Orions, and even a Tamarian on the show and none of them are redesigned like the Klingons on DISCO are. I feel that the writers of the show really get, and love Trek making the show really feel like Trek even if it's a comedic take on it.

1634360700328.png

I know that this stuff is just a shitpost and that responding to it seriously makes me a fool, but...Roddenberry was a horny alcoholic who wrote that the 23rd century had "love instructors," wanted Troi to have three breasts, and thought that the Ferengi should be oversexed midgets with giant packages.

I'd say censor bar Boimler there would be right up his alley.

The scene shown was only one small part of the episode and was part of a simulation that was simulating the Naked Now situation in TNG which was, in turn, a copy of a TOS episode. It was definitely raunchier than how it was portrayed in TNG & TOS but the overall theme was the same. And, as I said in the beginning, it was only a small part of the episode and was a (holodeck) simulation that was a means of testing and evaluating the crew of the Cerritos.

And, most importantly, it was presented as disgusting and unpleasant within the context of the show. Mariner ejected everyone (herself included) out of an airlock to escape it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back