Star Trek: Lower Decks

I guess I'm in the minority in saying that I found it to be quite funny and I'd actually watch this show, maybe not subscribe to another streaming service just for it, but I'd watch it for free or binge watch it and then cancel. I think that there's nothing wrong with taking a comedic approach to Trek. You all have to admit that there is a lot that you can make/poke fun at in Star Trek. Given how serious STD and Picard were, I think that a lighter, more humorous approach to Trek would be a welcome change. Who knows, it might just turn out to be more Trek than the STD or Picard despite being an animated comedy. I wouldn't be surprised if the show runner(s) and writers are big Trekkies and this is there way of getting a Trek show that's more faithful to TOS and TNG than anything else so far.

No, there are a lot of us who also liked the show. But the people who didn't are just more vocal about it.

There is a reason that this garbage doesn't have any international distribution. Nobody wants this trash. Just like nobody wants picard or discovery. It's complete garbage.

Thankfully, since I've never been a fan of cartoons shows this will be easy for me to ignore. Honestly, other than me feeling 'bummed out' about the direction of Trek since 2009, I find I have no problem completely ignoring everything after. None of my friends or family ever talk about new stuff so that makes it a lot easier to forget.

Watched about half, a little here and there. Only thing I take away is "this is supposed to be funny?".
I just finished watching the whole thing and I really liked it. I thought that it was pretty funny and a rather refreshing change from the dark and super serious direction that the franchise has taken since the JJ movies. Still, it's not enough to convince me to subscribe to All Access, but I might get a free trial and binge watch it once all of the episodes are out.

Last edited:
I just finished watching the whole thing and I really liked it. I thought that it was pretty funny and a rather refreshing change from the dark and super serious direction that the franchise has taken since the JJ movies. Still, it's not enough to convince me to subscribe to All Access, but I might get a free trial and binge watch it once all of the episodes are out.

Oh yeah, the fact that it's NOT all doom and gloom is a positive aspect, for sure.

It’s pretty bleak times for the franchise when 2 live action shows are currently running and what is regarded as “the best version currently being offered” is a 20+ minute cartoon in which the annoyingly hyperactive main character, on a starship full of “screwups”, sings about “blast shields” and the humor can best be described as the type of low-brow humor enjoyed by junior high schoolers.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back