Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

I would have too, until you edited to add the

So you turn up and slag pretty much everything I said in the post and round it off with a smarmy "to each their own" and you think im just gunna sit back.
You really need to get over yourself, Im not buyin what your peddlin. Dont preach to me your theories on Bond like your some kind of authority.

So you turn up and slag pretty much everything I said in the post and round it off with a smarmy "to each their own" and you think im just gunna sit back.

Sorry you took it as smarmy. It was not intended that way. Let's be fair though, that's the natural response when anyone calls Moonraker "Citizen Kane".

You really need to get over yourself, Im not buyin what your peddlin. Dont preach to me your theories on Bond like your some kind of authority.

I made sure I pointed out that it was "IMO" and I wasn't preaching. You're reading far too much into it. You voiced an opinion and I disagreed. Take it however you want.

Wait I just remembered- it's Chekov's beaming sequence (when he has to beam up Kirk and Sulu):

The dual controls and manually getting a "lock" was meant to emulate Tech Sgt Chen having to digitize Commander Taggart.

Kevin

Wait I just remembered- it's Chekov's beaming sequence (when he has to beam up Kirk and Sulu):

The dual controls and manually getting a "lock" was meant to emulate Tech Sgt Chen having to digitize Commander Taggart.

Kevin

Never would have noticed that but now that you mention it sounds right to me. :thumbsup

Sorry you took it as smarmy. It was not intended that way. Let's be fair though, that's the natural response when anyone calls Moonraker "Citizen Kane".

:lol
Thats such a long bow you should change your name to Legolas, I didnt think the comment required a laughing emoticon at the end as it was already implied. I put one on the top of this one though you might notice. Anyway, enough of this, the paints dried so now i can get back to enjoyable things.

I always thought it was meant to emulate a scene from Armageddon where a Russian guy pushes aside a woman from her own station and manages to do a better job than she does at fixing the problem on a ship he literally should have no familiarity with.

I always thought it was meant to emulate a scene from Armageddon where a Russian guy pushes aside a woman from her own station and manages to do a better job than she does at fixing the problem on a ship he literally should have no familiarity with.

Quoting this should you decide to "edit" your usual misogyny witch hunt later.

Kevin

From that article.

" "I think of him as a buddy of mine; I've taken him out for sushi," said Shatner in his interview with Movie Fanatic. "I think it's time for J.J. and I to have another sushi and let me put him straight on two of the largest franchises ... and not employing me in either one of them I think is just foolhardy."

Not sure if he is joking, but Shatner in a Star Wars will be something not many would be expecting.

Shatner: JJ Abrams Gave Audience What Early Star Trek Movies Couldn't + Gushes Over Pine's Blue Eyes | TrekMovie.com
And here are few other recent bits from Shatner.

Shat doesn't want to be in Star Wars, he just likes to remain relevant. :) and he does! I saw his one man show last month and met him, he was great!

I put Shatner right along side Harrison Ford in terms of Heavyweights and the two actors I would most like to meet.

Really looking forward to this new movie, the only problem I had with the previous film was the Eric Bana role, not sure if it was him or the role but either way his replacement in this one is 'white hot" lately. Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy are going to rip this acting caper to shreds in the next few years me thinks.

Last edited:
Possible spoilers below, but it's so generic it could be nothing. StarTrek.com had this to report.

First, there’s Star Trek Ongoing #21, a brand-new adventure that picks up where Star Trek Into Darkness leaves off. It’s written by Mike Johnson and Ryan Parrot, with art by Erfan Fajar and a cover by Tim Bradstreet, and overseen by Roberto Orci.
cover_zpsbb21bae7.jpg

If this comic book cover is to be believed (I know, what are the odds of that being the case?), it looks like everyone survives Star Trek Into Darkness.

I just saw in Facebook that they announced who Cumberbatch would be.

He's going to be John Harrison.

I'm not that knowledgable about TOS as I grew up on TNG and the later series... Who's John Harrison?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back